The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This team is a disgrace. It’s funny and sad that people actually think we will be better without Bell and Brown, record wise.

Losing Bell and Brown will give Tomlin an excuse as to why we will suck in the near future. Had we been able to keep Bell and/or Brown and failed yet again next season, there would have been hope Tomlin would finally be gone.

Now we have to endure more of Tomlin and his pathetic coaches run this team into the ground even more.

The only winners are Bell and Brown because we are officially entering a rebuild.

The fact that no one from the Steelers was fired is a joke. They are too cheap to terminate coach contracts, they consider not renewing someone’s contract as firing someone. Rooney is an embarrassment to football.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This team is a disgrace. It’s funny and sad that people actually think we will be better without Bell and Brown, record wise.

Losing Bell and Brown will give Tomlin an excuse as to why we will suck in the near future. Had we been able to keep Bell and/or Brown and failed yet again next season, there would have been hope Tomlin would finally be gone.

Now we have to endure more of Tomlin and his pathetic coaches run this team into the ground even more.

The only winners are Bell and Brown because we are officially entering a rebuild.

The fact that no one from the Steelers was fired is a joke. They are too cheap to terminate coach contracts, they consider not renewing someone’s contract as firing someone. Rooney is an embarrassment to football.

Pfft. They fired the running backs coach. No one fired? Please.

Reactions: domaug and KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Nah, it’s more sad that some fans are dumb enough to think Bell and Brown are the key to Steelers winning.

The real key is still there and I’m 100% sure he can’t wait for both to be gone.

You win with elite Qbs, not guys like Bell and Brown.

Ask Rams fans about Gurley and his ass playoff performance.

That’s exactly why you don’t waste big money on RBs.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Nah, it’s more sad that some fans are dumb enough to think Bell and Brown are the key to Steelers winning.

The real key is still there and I’m 100% sure he can’t wait for both to be gone.

You win with elite Qbs, not guys like Bell and Brown.

Ask Rams fans about Gurley and his ass playoff performance.

That’s exactly why you don’t waste big money on RBs.
Well maybe we should go to a running back by committee approach like most teams? I think we kind of have to at this point so we don’t have a repeat of last year when Conner hit a wall midway through the season.

Gurley was the main reason why LA got a bye-week. We couldn’t even make the friggin playoffs. We just stopped running the ball because Conner was no longer effective.

Who is going to catch 1300 passing yards and 15 td’s next year???? Washington after one good game? Give me a break.

The Steelers will be lucky to win 7 games this year. Ben will retire and Tomlin will have unlimited job security again.

I just hope neither Bell nor Brown land with a good team. The Steelers f***ed up badly.

No one will be held accountable and nothing will change. Luckily we will have Tomlin to be the architect during our rebuild since he has such a good regular season winning record. Nothing else matters but that record!

Last edited:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
This. Hines Ward as a person isn’t really that likeable I feel. But he was a solid teammate and a winner, unlike AB.

Looking back at my original post I should have said he has the potential to be the same. My main point is that it’s dunny that he is the one talking about the Steelers being like the Kardashian’s when he is constantly parading around with cameras because he loves the spotlight. Behind Ben and Brown he contributes the most to that image. It doesn’t make him a bad teammate but it does sound hypocritical coming from him

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
What will be really funny is when they draft a WR in round 1 after they trade Brown for a 5th

Wouldnt suprise me honestly...

But If that's the case they gotta do something they normally dont do in UFA and spend money on bigger names on defense.

I hope they take a shot at Pryor he already said he would like go come play for Pittsburgh.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
JuJu is the second or third most “Kardashian” like player on the roster... all the guy does is want to be in front of a camera and he is consistently craving attention

Idk, I think he is just active in video games and youtube channels, and it makes it seem worse than it is.

I guess we will find out down the road.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If Tomlin let’s JuJu get away with shit and treats him completely different than the others, chances are he will also become a jackass. I have no faith in Tomlin, so I’m fully expecting juju to become AB 2.0.

I’m worried about Edmonds; I mean he kinda sucks anyways, but he seems like a complete scum bag on Instagram.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Well maybe we should go to a running back by committee approach like most teams? I think we kind of have to at this point so we don’t have a repeat of last year when Conner hit a wall midway through the season.

Gurley was the main reason why LA got a bye-week. We couldn’t even make the friggin playoffs. We just stopped running the ball because Conner was no longer effective.

Who is going to catch 1300 passing yards and 15 td’s next year???? Washington after one good game? Give me a break.

The Steelers will be lucky to win 7 games this year. Ben will retire and Tomlin will have unlimited job security again.

I just hope neither Bell nor Brown land with a good team. The Steelers ****ed up badly.

No one will be held accountable and nothing will change. Luckily we will have Tomlin to be the architect during our rebuild since he has such a good regular season winning record. Nothing else matters but that record!

Guess the Rams stopped running the ball in the playoffs because your boy Gurley was ineffective to?

Or was it because he has butterfingers and a higher fumble rate per carry than Conner?

Hard to keep all the BS straight to be honest.

Brown and Bell have already been replaced by two Pro Bowl players, one that had over 100 catches and was team MVP, and one that lead all AFC RBs in all purpose yards.

A dominant offense needs a great line, a great QB, a good receiver, a good Rb and a good TE.

Steelers have all of those ingredients, but negative Yinzers like yourself buy into fantasy football BS.

This team will still score tons of points, it’s the defense you should be worried about. That and poor coaching will once again determine if they miss the playoffs, not because they lost two selfish FF players.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Guess the Rams stopped running the ball in the playoffs because your boy Gurley was ineffective to?

Or was it because he has butterfingers and a higher fumble rate per carry than Conner?

Hard to keep all the BS straight to be honest.

Brown and Bell have already been replaced by two Pro Bowl players, one that had over 100 catches and was team MVP, and one that lead all AFC RBs in all purpose yards.

A dominant offense needs a great line, a great QB, a good receiver, a good Rb and a good TE.

Steelers have all of those ingredients, but negative Yinzers like yourself buy into fantasy football BS.

This team will still score tons of points, it’s the defense you should be worried about. That and poor coaching will once again determine if they miss the playoffs, not because they lost two selfish FF players.
That said, losing Brown will be way tougher than losing Bell. We saw how that offense played in the Cincinnati game... not pretty.

A decent RB can step in and play well enough as long as the O-line does their job. A decent WR can’t take such strong focus from teams and open up Juju/other options.

But with a franchise QB, good enough skill players, a great O-line and an improved D (which showed flashes last year like holding the Super Bowl champs to 10 pts) they’re still very much contenders.

Just like you said though, the D plays bad (particularly in clutch situations down the stretch like it tended to this past season) and the coaches suck, very possible, go ahead and watch the Browns or Ravens again take the division.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That said, losing Brown will be way tougher than losing Bell. We saw how that offense played in the Cincinnati game... not pretty.

A decent RB can step in and play well enough as long as the O-line does their job. A decent WR can’t take such strong focus from teams and open up Juju/other options.

But with a franchise QB, good enough skill players, a great O-line and an improved D (which showed flashes last year like holding the Super Bowl champs to 10 pts) they’re still very much contenders.

Just like you said though, the D plays bad (particularly in clutch situations down the stretch like it tended to this past season) and the coaches suck, very possible, go ahead and watch the Browns or Ravens again take the division.

When one of your main receivers decides to go crazy mid week, it’s kind of rough to prepare a new game plan without him involved. It’s a much different situation when you have an entire offseason to prepare.

That’s simple common sense of Brown being an asshole and putting his team in a bad spot on purpose.

And let’s not pretend this offense hasn’t sputtered with Bell and Brown before.

That Browns game in Bells second year was insanely pathetic. They got smashed and put up a whopping ten points against Brian Hoyer... it doesn’t get anymore comical than that.

They have all the tools for a great offense, the only missing piece is a deep threat, and I’m sure they will try to fix that. McDonald will also get way more touches now without the crybaby whining for the ball every game.

Anyone who thinks the Steelers are in trouble because they are losing selfish and replaceable FF players, is clueless about what is actually ailing this team.

Last edited:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I just hope neither Bell nor Brown land with a good team. The Steelers ****ed up badly.

I agree with the committee approach..

But just cant agree with the Conner statement.

The kid didnt hit a wall at the halfway point. They just barely used him or any of their RBs, for long stretches of alot of games the entire season.

He had 4 games where he got to carry the ball more than 20 times. Those games his average was -
4.5, 4.5, 5.2, 6.1

1 game he got 19 Carrie's and averaged - 5.8

The rest of the year he got 14 or less Carrie's. Because either the defense got shredded and we had to go to the air, or we just abandoned the run because they wanted to throw the ball 50-60 times a game.

Samuel's also did well against NE when he got fed the ball.

They need to balance their attack on offense. But more importantly they need to fix the god awful defense.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
When one of your main receivers decides to go crazy mid week, it’s kind of rough to prepare a new game plan without him involved. It’s a much different situation when you have an entire offseason to prepare.

That’s simple common sense of Brown being an ******* and putting his team in a bad spot on purpose.

And let’s not pretend this offense hasn’t sputtered with Bell and Brown before.

That Browns game in Bells second year was insanely pathetic. They got smashed and put up a whopping ten points against Brian Hoyer... it doesn’t get anymore comical than that.

They have all the tools for a great offense, the only missing piece is a deep threat, and I’m sure they will try to fix that. McDonald will also get way more touches now without the crybaby whining for the ball every game.

Anyone who thinks the Steelers are in trouble because they are losing selfish and replaceable FF players, is clueless about what is actually ailing this team.
That's true. It can be hard to accept given all the big time numbers they put up - but losing Brown/Bell is not even close to as detrimental as losing Ben would be. It's not like they won anything with them anyway.

I guess another way to look at it positively is that once Brown leaves, we won't have to worry about Ben forcing it to him and throwing more INT's... not that Ben won't still throw a fair share of INT's, especially if he keeps slinging it like he did this past season.

I agree with the committee approach..

But just cant agree with the Conner statement.

The kid didnt hit a wall at the halfway point. They just barely used him or any of their RBs, for long stretches of alot of games the entire season.

He had 4 games where he got to carry the ball more than 20 times. Those games his average was -
4.5, 4.5, 5.2, 6.1

1 game he got 19 Carrie's and averaged - 5.8

The rest of the year he got 14 or less Carrie's. Because either the defense got shredded and we had to go to the air, or we just abandoned the run because they wanted to throw the ball 50-60 times a game.

Samuel's also did well against NE when he got fed the ball.

They need to balance their attack on offense. But more importantly they need to fix the god awful defense.
I don't understand the crowd that's hating so heavily on Conner. I do however think they should go away from just giving one RB all the carries and running him to the ground like they did with Bell... makes it way harder when that back gets injured, which is more likely when they carry it so much. See the wild card one and done to Baltimore with Ben Tate having to be brought in.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's true. It can be hard to accept given all the big time numbers they put up - but losing Brown/Bell is not even close to as detrimental as losing Ben would be. It's not like they won anything with them anyway.

I guess another way to look at it positively is that once Brown leaves, we won't have to worry about Ben forcing it to him and throwing more INT's... not that Ben won't still throw a fair share of INT's, especially if he keeps slinging it like he did this past season.

I don't understand the crowd that's hating so heavily on Conner. I do however think they should go away from just giving one RB all the carries and running him to the ground like they did with Bell... makes it way harder when that back gets injured, which is more likely when they carry it so much. See the wild card one and done to Baltimore with Ben Tate having to be brought in.

Not many teams are lucky enough to have two young Pro Bowlers ready to step in and replace guys like Bell and Brown.

Instead of seeing the positive and how fortunate that is, some fans want to dwell in their pit of misery.

Lots of Steeler fans are just out to lunch in Yinzervile.

Let’s worry about the real issues: defense and most especially coaching.

Reactions: KIRK

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i would be more confident in the steelers had they managed the cap implications of losing bell/brown better. not sure if thats even possible, but trading brown should open up a ton of space instead of just being good riddance.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
i would be more confident in the steelers had they managed the cap implications of losing bell/brown better. not sure if thats even possible, but trading brown should open up a ton of space instead of just being good riddance.

It's not an ideal situation for sure.

But we save an extra mil trading him.

We get the money from Bell back.

We will get some relief once we release Burnett.

We could save some costs releasing Gilbert and not resigning Foster as our backups can fill the spots for cheaper.

We will have decent cap space this offseason. The question is will they actually go out and spend it on and spend it correctly (defense).

Also I'd still like to take Pryor on his comment about wanting to play for us.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's not an ideal situation for sure.

But we save an extra mil trading him.

We get the money from Bell back.

We will get some relief once we release Burnett.

We could save some costs releasing Gilbert and not resigning Foster as our backups can fill the spots for cheaper.

We will have decent cap space this offseason. The question is will they actually go out and spend it on and spend it correctly (defense).

Also I'd still like to take Pryor on his comment about wanting to play for us.

The UFA market is mostly ass anyway. Rather see them make a trade to use up that cap space, but having a ton of cap space this year isn’t a huge advantage given the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad