The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
How can anyone hate this guy, i'm a diehard steelers fan but you guys are nuts with your Brady hate, the guy is pure class, he's deserved everything that came to him, he's the Crosby of NFL.
you're not going to convince anyone here to go out and buy Brady jerseys and pretend like the guy is some sort of martyr.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It was cool watching kickers convert clutch kicks today. Brings home the need to let Boswell and his big-contract-induced yips hit the street. At least there are other defenses that are unable to come up with a stop at a key point in the game.

None of the teams today seemed to have any underlying dramas seeping to the surface either.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
How can anyone hate this guy, i'm a diehard steelers fan but you guys are nuts with your Brady hate, the guy is pure class, he's deserved everything that came to him, he's the Crosby of NFL.
Because it’s the system he plays in. He’s not any better than any other top talent QB in the league, he has just played his entire career in a system that routinely schemes players open for easy dink and dunk passes and he rarely gets touched. (When he does, he gets a call)

There is no superhero mystique to this man. He simply needs to find the open receiver that was schemes open and make the pass.

f*** him and all the slobbering over him. But the media really outdid themselves this time by finding a way to have a pity party for Tom and the Pats for being “disrespected” while at the same time slobbering all over them as the greatest to ever live. Every single one of then should be in the Hall of Fame!!!

Reactions: Dick Sledge

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Great player, great team, great head coach, and all cheating scum through and through.

Both can be true.

i wish our team cheated but instead, our team just throws each other under the bus, holds out in camp, requests trades, choke on making the playoffs despite having a top 5 talented roster, i can go n on...

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Because it’s the system he plays in. He’s not any better than any other top talent QB in the league, he has just played his entire career in a system that routinely schemes players open for easy dink and dunk passes and he rarely gets touched. (When he does, he gets a call)

There is no superhero mystique to this man. He simply needs to find the open receiver that was schemes open and make the pass.

**** him and all the slobbering over him. But the media really outdid themselves this time by finding a way to have a pity party for Tom and the Pats for being “disrespected” while at the same time slobbering all over them as the greatest to ever live. Every single one of then should be in the Hall of Fame!!!

I don't know. If it was that easy, everyone would do it.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The Patriots owned time of possession 54 minutes to 21. Amazing the Chiefs kept it as close as they did.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

**** him and all the slobbering over him. But the media really outdid themselves this time by finding a way to have a pity party for Tom and the Pats for being “disrespected” while at the same time slobbering all over them as the greatest to ever live. Every single one of then should be in the Hall of Fame!!!
I'm gonna have to call BS here. He is ridiculously good at reading the play at the line and adjusting. Tom Brady is not just a product of the system. Come on now.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Will more that three people outside of Boston and Goodell (who got his job through Kraft) be rooting for the Pats?
I probably will.

Brady is the GOAT.

I wish I was alive to watch Gretzky in his prime (born in 87). Even being born in Pittsburgh, I would have loved to see it live. Would have been amazed despite still being a Pens fan first.

And we are pretty much witnessing that right now with Tom Brady.

I'm not going to waste energy rooting against a legend in the making because my team is too much of a circus to beat him.

If not the Steelers, then I'm going to enjoy watching history in the making.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I've already seen a few stories about the last Pats/Ram SB and Pats cheating. It's going to be a long two weeks to fil.

Philly actually ran fake practices last year because they were certain that the Pats were still cheaters and would do so again. When you have the commissioner in your back pocket protecting you then you can do anything as there are never much in the way of repercussions.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

Easy on the alcoholic beverages there chief.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I probably will.

Brady is the GOAT.

I wish I was alive to watch Gretzky in his prime (born in 87). Even being born in Pittsburgh, I would have loved to see it live. Would have been amazed despite still being a Pens fan first.

And we are pretty much witnessing that right now with Tom Brady.

I'm not going to waste energy rooting against a legend in the making because my team is too much of a circus to beat him.

If not the Steelers, then I'm going to enjoy watching history in the making.
i'm taking the opposite stance. f*** Tom Brady and f*** the Patriots. i hope the Rams make true underdogs of them, but i'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen. i can't wait until that franchise is in the dumpster again.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It will be fun seeing him lose again in the SB....
LOL.

You think the Rams will beat them???

McVay will get his lunch handed to him and Goff will shit all over himself because the moment will be too big. Add in Gurley not being 100% and the Pats will steamroll the Rams, Cowboys over Bills style...

Reactions: Shady Machine

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
i'm taking the opposite stance. **** Tom Brady and **** the Patriots. i hope the Rams make true underdogs of them, but i'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen. i can't wait until that franchise is in the dumpster again.
Ya I have no problem with that.

To each their own :)

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

how can you even say that with a straight face, the man has been to 9 straight AFC championship, and 3 straight superbowls, that's other worldly, that's despite having a below average defense, or a top receiver and a broken down Gronk...the guy is born for big time football, look at guys like Brees and Manning, they are great quarterbacks in regular seasons, but they choked a lot under pressure come playoffs, you'll never see that from Brady, he's led his team to countless final 2 minute drives to win the biggest games and he did it again tonight, not once but twice.

You can't be a fan of football and not appreciate Brady's greatness (even if you do hate him and the Pats), he's the most clutch player i have ever seen in any sports.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Brady makes great reads at the line (has an absurdly quick release because of it; part of the reason he doesn't take many hits), has great pocket awareness, and throws with pinpoint accuracy. The Patriots don't have system. It's simply Tom Brady anticipating the defense and finding receivers open extremely quickly and the pressure that puts on the defense. This is really why defenses always appear to be on edge against them.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
That roughing the passer was brutal.

But the refs have been awful all around these playoffs.

But for the life of me I cant figure out why teams play zone against Brady. It doesnt work. He eats it the f*** up.

Yet.... on both 3rd and long plays in OT KC goes to Zone....

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
LOL.

You think the Rams will beat them???

McVay will get his lunch handed to him and Goff will **** all over himself because the moment will be too big. Add in Gurley not being 100% and the Pats will steamroll the Rams, Cowboys over Bills style...

The Pats and Brady are the Marchand of the NFL. Talented but impossible to like.

I can respect the ability but can despise them because they have earned the derision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad