The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Because it’s the system he plays in. He’s not any better than any other top talent QB in the league, he has just played his entire career in a system that routinely schemes players open for easy dink and dunk passes and he rarely gets touched. (When he does, he gets a call)

There is no superhero mystique to this man. He simply needs to find the open receiver that was schemes open and make the pass.

**** him and all the slobbering over him. But the media really outdid themselves this time by finding a way to have a pity party for Tom and the Pats for being “disrespected” while at the same time slobbering all over them as the greatest to ever live. Every single one of then should be in the Hall of Fame!!!
Oh come on. I loathe Brady with every fiber of my being. But he is the best. Which is why I loathe him! (Same reason people dis Crosby).

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Well it IS dark and cold!

I picked the Rams at the beginning of the season to win it all so I have some $$$ riding on this. Of course would still be for whomever plays NE. Pretty sure only denizens of Boston and people actually related (and closely related, not cousins) to Pats root for them.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Congratulations NFL for making the games almost unwatchable.

A lot more contact on the missed Rams interference than on the Brady roughing the passer. The Brady call was especially funny given as much contact they were allowing in the secondary. Yeah reffing is bad, and should be better, but both games yesterday were pretty entertaining.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
No sympathy for the Saints from me. Especially Cameron Jordan who had the audacity to say that the Saints haven't benefited from calls from the refs this season. Give me a break.

Reactions: domaug

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
No sympathy for the Saints from me. Especially Cameron Jordan who had the audacity to say that the Saints haven't benefited from calls from the refs this season. Give me a break.

They beat the Rams the first time and got home field advantage on a terrible spot on a Hekker fake punt.

Plus the dude would take Eli over Ben so he’s a bit off to start with:nod:

Reactions: TNT87

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Easiest route to the Superbowl on the AFC side if we were in the Ravens spot instead. Pats didn't have to face them but Chargers and Chiefs. Chargers overrated and Mahomes/Chiefs arent ready yet. We would be playing in this thing. Another wasted year.

I said i want them to make it tho (now that we were out again...)and lose to Rams. LA better not choke now. They have the perfect D to bear Brady too...strong Dline. McVay also the type of coach who can beat the Pats. As long as Goff is on...Rams win. And a run game the Chiefs didnt have without Hunt

Pats end their dynasty with back to back losses

Last edited:
Reactions: domaug

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Guaranteed that Suh gets at least one roughing the passer call.

Prob...but it will also have an impact on Brady who doesnt like getting hit. Add 2-3 sacks for Donald.

Giants Dline beat Brady twice. Seattle did...wait..Carrol. Eagles Dline did. Rams with Donald are as good as any of those if not better than every one but the Giants.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I wonder if the amazing NFL will do the make up call for all the bad press and go the other direction with a call against the Pats in the Super Bowl as they did last year.

Why are there _always_ blown calls in football? I hate to say it - and i don't think this way - but man... is there a more seemingly rigged sport out there outside of the NFL? How many zebras are out there and they miss and blow way too many obvious calls at opportune times.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Why are there _always_ blown calls in football? I hate to say it - and i don't think this way - but man... is there a more seemingly rigged sport out there outside of the NFL? How many zebras are out there and they miss and blow way too many obvious calls at opportune times.
As I’ve said before, I’m not a conspiracy theorist that thinks pro sports are all scripted and rigged, but I think it’s quite clear that officiating is used to sway games at certain times. We’ve seen it in the NHL for years, with officials balancing out PPs on the scoresheet and such and I think it happens in every sport...

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
As I’ve said before, I’m not a conspiracy theorist that thinks pro sports are all scripted and rigged, but I think it’s quite clear that officiating is used to sway games at certain times. We’ve seen it in the NHL for years, with officials balancing out PPs on the scoresheet and such and I think it happens in every sport...

I hear ya. BUT it is obvious in sports to the point that you don't have to even label it as a theorist. Aikman even said yesterday 'the Rams pass interfere on every pass'. You can't touch Tom Brady - and that aint even a joke - you can't f***ing touch him.
In hockey announcers say all the time, 'the refs put the whistles away'. --- I mean wtf does that even mean. Do the refs tell each team, ok it's a f***ing free-for-all now or do they just figure it out? Either way it is so stupid. Either there should be no power plays in hockey or CALL A f***ING PENALTY A PENALTY.

Pro sports is a business. Gotta keep it close if possible and that is no bull shit. If people aren't watching they aren't seeing the advertisements and / or talking about it as much.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I hear ya. BUT it is obvious in sports to the point that you don't have to even label it as a theorist. Aikman even said yesterday 'the Rams pass interfere on every pass'. You can't touch Tom Brady - and that aint even a joke - you can't ****ing touch him.
In hockey announcers say all the time, 'the refs put the whistles away'. --- I mean wtf does that even mean. Do the refs tell each team, ok it's a ****ing free-for-all now or do they just figure it out? Either way it is so stupid. Either there should be no power plays in hockey or CALL A ****ING PENALTY A PENALTY.

Pro sports is a business. Gotta keep it close if possible and that is no bull ****. If people aren't watching they aren't seeing the advertisements and / or talking about it as much.

Oh, I hear you 100%. Certain players get preferential treatment. One player will get a call every time while another can’t get anything called.

They said last night that coming into the game yesterday, the Pats had only been called for 5 defensive pass interference calls. FIVE! That’s 5 in 17 games. I find that hard to believe...

And I agree with you about the BS of different officiating crews calling things differently or calling everything at one point of the game and then calling nothing at other points.

The “conspiracy” this year has been that the NFL really wants to grow the market in LA. Unbelievable missed calls like the one last night against the Rams provides ammo to the conspiracy theorists that the call was intentionally missed to give the Rams a chance to come back and win. And I’ll admit, it certainly looks at times that those very things are happening. Either way, it’s a very bad look for the league.

These theories have been around for some time. People claimed that the league wanted the feel good story of Bettis going “home” to Detroit for Super Bowl 40, winning it and then riding into the sunset. People suggested that the league wanted “golden boy” Manning winning the golden anniversary 50th Super Bowl and then riding off into the sunset. And of course, the league LOVES Brady. They can’t get enough of him. Brady and the Pats in the SB every year is big business for them.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh, I hear you 100%. Certain players get preferential treatment. One player will get a call every time while another can’t get anything called.

They said last night that coming into the game yesterday, the Pats had only been called for 5 defensive pass interference calls. FIVE! That’s 5 in 17 games. I find that hard to believe...

And I agree with you about the BS of different officiating crews calling things differently or calling everything at one point of the game and then calling nothing at other points.

The “conspiracy” this year has been that the NFL really wants to grow the market in LA. Unbelievable missed calls like the one last night against the Rams provides ammo to the conspiracy theorists that the call was intentionally missed to give the Rams a chance to come back and win. And I’ll admit, it certainly looks at times that those very things are happening. Either way, it’s a very bad look for the league.

These theories have been around for some time. People claimed that the league wanted the feel good story of Bettis going “home” to Detroit for Super Bowl 40, winning it and then riding into the sunset. People suggested that the league wanted “golden boy” Manning winning the golden anniversary 50th Super Bowl and then riding off into the sunset. And of course, the league LOVES Brady. They can’t get enough of him. Brady and the Pats in the SB every year is big business for them.

I think they should simplify a lot of these rules. It's like congress out there with all these rule adds making things so complex. Especially the pass interference. Unless you tackle the guy before the ball comes - as in the rams last night - just let them play. The rules are too complex already.

It's all a show. Most everything on tv is scripted to a point.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Sports are not scripted. Come on people.

Rigged? We know there have been instances in the past where shenanigans have gone on with refs and players but I don't believe that is in any way the norm.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sports are not scripted. Come on people.

Rigged? We know there have been instances in the past where shenanigans have gone on with refs and players but I don't believe that is in any way the norm.

Who said Erry was talking up Brassard this last week? No script there? Erry chose to take that route?

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
I wonder if the amazing NFL will do the make up call for all the bad press and go the other direction with a call against the Pats in the Super Bowl as they did last year.

But there's more bad press on the missed PI call on the Rams

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Easiest route to the Superbowl on the AFC side if we were in the Ravens spot instead. Pats didn't have to face them but Chargers and Chiefs. Chargers overrated and Mahomes/Chiefs arent ready yet. We would be playing in this thing. Another wasted year.

I said i want them to make it tho (now that we were out again...)and lose to Rams. LA better not choke now. They have the perfect D to bear Brady too...strong Dline. McVay also the type of coach who can beat the Pats. As long as Goff is on...Rams win. And a run game the Chiefs didnt have without Hunt

Pats end their dynasty with back to back losses
We lost to both the Chargers and the Chiefs in the regular season--at home. Not sure how beating them in the playoffs was "easy".

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m not saying that sports are “rigged”, I’m saying that it certainly looks like, at certain times, that refs mysteriously swallow their whistles or that calls are made up out of thin air to keep a drive alive or to give the trailing team a chance.

It would be impossible for entire games to be scripted down to a T without somebody leaking what’s going on, but I do believe that officiating at the very LEAST tries to even things up to look “fair” or tries to keep games close to keep the audience tuned in.

I’ve seen enough ridiculously bad or phantom calls over the years to make me think something is up besides just plain horrible officiating...

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Lol you guys sound like caps/flyer fans with your conspiracy theories. Bottom line is you don't like Patriots is because the GOAT has made Bergerboy and the steelers his bitches. If our tub of lard of a quarterback had an ounce of leadership that the GOAT has, we've might have made the playoffs but instead he just goes on his radio show and constantly throws teammates under the bus while never taking responsibility for the countless interceptions he throws..

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Lol you guys sound like caps/flyer fans with your conspiracy theories. Bottom line is you don't like Patriots is because the GOAT has made Bergerboy and the steelers his *****es. If our tub of lard of a quarterback had an ounce of leadership that the GOAT has, we've might have made the playoffs but instead he just goes on his radio show and constantly throws teammates under the bus while never taking responsibility for the countless interceptions he throws..

Switch coaches for the last couple of decades, same teams exactly, and the records and Super bowls not only would be reversed but the Steelers would have won more.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
We lost to both the Chargers and the Chiefs in the regular season--at home. Not sure how beating them in the playoffs was "easy".

Because to him the Chargers are overrated and were only propped up by a weak schedule and are a bunch of chokers and the Chiefs are apparently not ready yet because they came closer to beating New England in the playoffs then the Steelers ever have I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad