GDT: The Pittsburgher Drama Thread: Steeler Season - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Yeah is Moncrief supposed to be any good? Cause that dude was ass last night.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I don’t trust Reid either, he’s basically Cowher/Schottenheimer in terms of being a good coach that can’t get over the hump.

I’m hoping Mahomes becomes his Roethlisberger.

I’m sure Bradley will adjust, it’s what good coaches do. I just heard from someone who knows the game well and he told me the Steelers were running similar schemes agt the Pats last night as they did last December...

I refuse to watch the game, even a replay to confirm, but I’m 100% certain Tomlin is that dumb.

I can’t stop laughing at how stupid Tomlin is... how many times does he have to get up there and say his team wasn’t properly prepared to play “stadium football” before his defenders wake up?

Bro... it’s not the players. What are they rebuilding, exactly?

They have all the pieces to be a SB contender. Their coaching has held them back for a decade now.

Getting great talent won’t overcome poor coaching. We should know that by now.

I feel like Mahomes is a bit to flashy honestly. With all the no look stuff it's like he looks for ways to show how impressive he is instead of making smart simple decisions and I think that will always be something that bites him as long as he continues doing it

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
People don't seem to understand what the Steelers do on offense...the passing game is all on Ben and the WRs to read the defense and WRs from that then figure out which route they need to run and Ben has to figure out which receiver to throw to...Ben has to trust the WR will make the right read and be where he reads him to be or it will end in a TO...thats why he throws to Switzer and avoids WRs like JW who apparently don't have his trust...it's all about Ben's trust they're reading the D the same way as him...he has that with Switzer, end of story...the O doesn't have to be as free form as what it is, but no one wants to tell Ben they need to coach the damn O...

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Best quote I read tonight came from a message board:

"Bellicheat is the kid who had a 97 and cheated to get a 100"

So spot on. Greatest coach maybe ever and yet he feels the need to cheat at every opportunity. It really doesn't make any sense. Take away their antics, I would have so much respect for the Pats, instead, I laugh at their dynasty.

It's even crazier that the NFL seems to look the other way thinking it helps the league.

After this last crap pulled with AB... My viewership will once again decline this season.

Lol, AB knew Pats wanted him for months. No need
for "collusion". Pats are just smarter than most
every single NFL org.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I had a thought, call it a moment of clarity regarding last night.

I think the AB signing wrecked that team last night. It sure as hell screwed with the fanbase, I'm betting it had the same effect on the team. Tomlin is an emotional leader, as is Ben. They were sapped, their wife left them, only to go into the arms of their biggest rival. I believe that's what you saw last night.

We'll know as soon as next week if this was the case. I still wish Tomlin and staff were let go years ago, but last night may prove not to be as bad as it seemed.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Lol, AB knew Pats wanted him for months. No need
for "collusion". Pats are just smarter than most
every single NFL org.

Couple of things: AB wanted a new contract, that's what forced him to go rogue with the Steelesrs;...., which he got from Oakland, which is now gone. He's now making less money than he was with the Steelers. This part of the story makes no sense and doesn't explain why he seems so happy NOW.

He's either completely insane and does not know the numbers or the Pats are paying him under the table.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Couple of things: AB wanted a new contract, that's what forced him to go rogue with the Steelesrs;...., which he got from Oakland, which is now gone. He's now making less money than he was with the Steelers. This part of the story makes no sense and doesn't explain why he seems so happy NOW.

He's either completely insane and does not know the numbers or the Pats are paying him under the table.

I thought he was being paid $9 mil up front...I think all he cares about is that hes paid in advance for his services and not week to week...

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I don't believe the Steelers are anywhere near as bad as they looked yesterday. However, if this is the real Moncrief then they are in a lot of trouble. I want Washington to be a star as well, but he still struggles to get separation from his coverage and Ben struggles to throw deep, accurate passes in stride. Maybe Johnson can step up much sooner than anticipated, but Ben needs a lot of help to make up for the loss of his #1 receiver in addition to his own diminishing abilities.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I thought he was being paid $9 mil up front...I think all he cares about is that hes paid in advance for his services and not week to week...

Ok... but he was being paid 30 million up front by the Raiders. His entire issue with the Steelers was the contract... this doesn't add up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I had a thought, call it a moment of clarity regarding last night.

I think the AB signing wrecked that team last night. It sure as hell screwed with the fanbase, I'm betting it had the same effect on the team. Tomlin is an emotional leader, as is Ben. They were sapped, their wife left them, only to go into the arms of their biggest rival. I believe that's what you saw last night.

We'll know as soon as next week if this was the case. I still wish Tomlin and staff were let go years ago, but last night may prove not to be as bad as it seemed.

Nah. It’s poor coaching.

Things will get better, wins will come, but Tomlin will still be the biggest cancer on this team.

That will always show up agt BB when it matters and other good coaches.

I got two of my three wishes granted this off season, but the biggest and most important wish will come too late.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Nah. It’s poor coaching.

Things will get better, wins will come, but Tomlin will still be the biggest cancer on this team.

That will always show up agt BB when it matters and other good coaches.

I got two of my three wishes granted this off season, but the biggest and most important wish will come too late.

They have awful coaching... THEY NEED A FLUSHING. I'm just suggesting the AB situation really took a lot from that game last night.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They have awful coaching... THEY NEED A FLUSHING. I'm just suggesting the AB situation really took a lot from that game last night.

I’m not giving Tomlin any more BS excuses. Tired of him and the way he’s embarrassed this franchise for so long.

All this dude does is vomit out the same rhetoric season after season and try to misdirect people with his forked tongue.

At least some in the media are finally catching on:

Reactions: KIRK and Jaded-Fan

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ok... but he was being paid 30 million up front by the Raiders. His entire issue with the Steelers was the contract... this doesn't add up.

No, the $30 mil was “guaranteed” but I thought the Pats were paying him $9 mil as a signing bonus...signing bonus is up front money...he hadn’t been paid a cent yet from the Raiders

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I see us as bottom feeders right now, as we should be. Build through the draft and wait for the pats to get old.

There actually is too much talent on this team for that to be true.

I do admit that the melt down over a result that all of us expected is likely a bit much. Oh the score was more than most expected but no one expected the Steelers to win.

I got the impression that the Pats did not even try all that much when they saw it was the Steelers, just half-assed it and threw in some wrinkles because it had become boring outcoaching them all the time.

The fact that they kept passing late into the game, and inexplicably kept Brady in (that really could have bit them in the rear) passing for TDs late into the game showed you how little they respected the Steelers or locker room material. They know that there is zero chance of payback even if the Steelers make the playoffs. They also knew that they would roll over and take it. I doubt that they do that against even lowly Miami. Miami has a tendency to beat them even in down years and would go after Brady.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
No, the $30 mil was “guaranteed” but I thought the Pats were paying him $9 mil as a signing bonus...signing bonus is up front money...he hadn’t been paid a cent yet from the Raiders

Ok, I admit I don't know the numbers. So are we to assume he will make more this year with the Pats than he would have with either the Raiders or Steelers?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Ok, I admit I don't know the numbers. So are we to assume he will make more this year with the Pats than he would have with either the Raiders or Steelers?

If I remember, he got most of his up front money with the Steelers at the start of his contract. And he will be a FA after this contract so if he puts up big numbers he can do it all over again next year.

The Pats in collusion with AB and his agent played the entire league once again. The most dishonest franchise in NFL history gets zero benefit of the doubt. If Kraft had not gotten his bestie Goodell his job as NFL Commissioner the franchise would have been hammered a lot more than it was, especially after Spygate. Which they covered up by burning the evidence.

Reactions: John Titor

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
from ppg:

● Should the Steelers have traded Brown to the Patriots?
Absolutely, if Chris Mortensen’s ESPN report is accurate. Mortensen reported the Patriots offered a first-round pick when the Steelers put Brown on the block. Granted, that would have been the last pick of the first round, but you always take the better deal. Can’t live in your fears.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Ive read that this is actually not entirely true, it broke down that about half would have been given first day or game, and remainder was at the end if he was still on the roster. I think the suspension may have interferred with the initial money

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Another note.

Dupree needs sat. He is and always has been a non factor.

A relative rookie who was out all last yr with a blown out Achilles didnt let him get a whiff of Brady.

All they had to do was double team or chip Watt and that was it for the pressure unless the Dline pressed. But Butler doesnt like the Dline pressuring he likes them clogging run lanes even tho they all are good pass rushers.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Don’t need to worry about only having 2 QB’s. Charlie Batch is always ready. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad