The Peter DeBoer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

Deboer's team absolutely crushed it tonight. A few defensive lapses and a little terrible goaltending is all it takes to make an out-of-reach game into a close one, and the Devils had both in spades.

We're 3 games in with tons of new players and all new lines and all new defense pairings. Step back from the ledge, all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Laviolette better be by his ****ing phone. I want this ******* GONE. Larsson has regressed, he plays favorites with guys who suck royally, and he NEVER TAKES HIS TIME OUTS.

Laviolette just ran what Ed Snider called "the worst training camp I've seen in 47 years."

What in the world have you seen from him to make you think he'd be as good as Deboer, let alone an upgrade?

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
091313_ANR_SeasideFire_640.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Deboer's team absolutely crushed it tonight. A few defensive lapses and a little terrible goaltending is all it takes to make an out-of-reach game into a close one, and the Devils had both in spades.

We're 3 games in with tons of new players and all new lines and all new defense pairings. Step back from the ledge, all of you.

OMFG not the Fenwick and Corsi AGAIN :shakehead

The Devils and Toronto are both making the Fenwick/Corsi numbers utterly meaningless for the second straight season.

Last edited by a moderator:

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Laviolette just ran what Ed Snider called "the worst training camp I've seen in 47 years."

What in the world have you seen from him to make you think he'd be as good as Deboer, let alone an upgrade?

This team is clearly fit to run & gun, as well.
No way would we have any defensive breakdowns in a system that foregoes defense altogether, right?

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
You're all morons.

I'm done with this ********! Fire DeBoer

sequential posts?

what is this - good cop, bad cop?

:laugh:

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Biggest problem is a team of new faces, after a major roster turnover, needing to be reassembled....let's fire the Head Coach after 3 games going 0-1-2....

Sounds like a good idea.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd give him until game 10. If we're not playing close to 500 hockey, he gets the axe. 2-2-4 is not that 500 I have in mind either.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Can we have a coach with balls please? Laviolette is a free agent. Pretty much writes itself.

how can you be so clear headed about Marty and then say this?

Did you not see the hockey world laugh in the face of the Flyers for making the exact same move you're promoting here?

You don't outdumb and idiot by doing the same thing he did only worse.

20 games MIN. MacLean taught us how long is too long (45 games if memory serves) ;)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You're all morons.

You know what another great method to evaluate a game is? The scoreboard!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
OMFG not the Fenwick and Corsi AGAIN :shakehead

The Devils and Toronto are both making the Fenwick/Corsi numbers utterly meaningless for the second straight season.

I'm pretty sure according to Fenwick/Corsi we were a good team under Maclean too. Meanwhile, if you watched the games you could see we weren't. That's exactly what tonight was. I'm tired of hearing how great our defense is too. Our defense is average to below average IMO, and the team defensive structure has been far below average this season. We're averaging about 3-5 breakaways per game.

And you do not want Laviolette. You'll be getting the same thing and even worse. He had a no accountability system as far as defense goes.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'm not advocating sacking DeBoer three games in, but let's not pretend this is some three game anomaly. The same crap has been going on for two years.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
What's also interesting is that in these first 3 games, the opposition has employed almost the same exact gameplan against the devils, yet Deboer has done nothing to adjust.

Status Quo*

I will be pissed if Fayne and Josefson aren't in tomorrow night though.

You just know they won't.

Volch and Harrold will still be paired together and little Gio will be at center on the 4th line.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I still can't understand why Laviolette's name keeps being tossed around when our #1 issue is defensive breakdowns.

Have we gone that crazy?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm now sad over how much I laughed over the thought of possibly hiring Hitchcock a few years ago.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad