The Panarin / Kucherov Exchange

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
You want to talk about classless during handshakes? 2012 when the Kings beat the Coyotes, Hanzal and Doan were *****ing incessantly ; pretty animated as well.

1:30 mark with Hanzal and then Doan. Kind of understandable though when you know you won't make the playoffs ever again.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
1:30 mark with Hanzal and then Doan. Kind of understandable though when you know you won't make the playoffs ever again.

Ah yes. Fond memories of the hot red head behind Dave Tippet in the stands the entire series. I was not sure if I was excited for the Kings win or the hottie.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Panarin was over the top, but it's not some huge travesty either.

It didn't look like he was laughing in a mocking way, he just seemed overly happy in the moment, he approached the next guy in line the exact same way that he approached Kucherov, so I imagine he was just elated and went through the line that way. I wouldn't do it, but it is what it is.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Have your friends never messed with you ?

Yeah, you can mess with your friends. But anyone with any brains understands it's not a good idea to start ribbing your friend after they've just been embarrassed and are upset...

This isn't a local rec league game where your buddy's team won.

And this is if they are good friends which is a pretty big leap unless someone here can say they know both these players personally.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Have your friends never messed with you ?

I would not be friends with anyone who would mess with me during such a moment. If I was Kuch then Id expect to be encouraged during that moment. And not mocked or messed around with. Kuch's reaction is quite understandable.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yeah, you can mess with your friends. But anyone with any brains understands it's not a good idea to start ribbing your friend after they've just been embarrassed and are upset...

And this is if they are good friends which is a pretty big leap unless someone here can say they know both these players personally.

I would not be friends with anyone who would mess with me during such a moment. If I was Kuch then Id expect to be encouraged during that moment. And not mocked or messed around with. Kuch's reaction is quite understandable.

The series was done before the 4th game started, so I'm sure Kucherov had a good feeling his team was getting bounced regardless. While it may have not been the place, they're obviously friends by Panarins approach. There's absolutely nothing malicious or mean about the way he reacted. At most maybe a bit too much.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

This.
If I win against someone I don't rub it in their face and I expect the same from them. Friends or no friends.

And encountering an embarassed opponent with such a smug gloating grin ... well, this I consider rubbing it in.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Those 2 scenarios are not the same at all

Why is that? Is turn-about suddenly not fair-play?

If I say all series long that my team is going to crush yours, and then lose in convincing fashion, and you say in the handshake line "looks like you crushed us good." You don't think that's fair turn-about?

I'm obviously working on an assumed premise that Kucherov was smack-talking before the series, but don't talk shit if you're going to be a poor sport when it turns out it was all for nothing. You don't think that all the posters ragging on Tampa fans who said Columbus was trash is fair turn about? (And many of the Tampa fans / posters are being much better sports about it than Kucherov allegedly was here).

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Look, you gotta show some respect in the line. One pump handshake and "good series." Maybe a pat if you know the guy. You don't want to give your opponents ammunition. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad