The Panarin / Kucherov Exchange

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
I think the handshake after the playoff game is what makes hockey such a fantastic sport and the only other sports that come to mind on off the top of my head that do it are wrestling and tennis. I understand that one team or person has to lose and they are probably not in the best of moods right after a tough battle, but taking a few second to shake an opponents hand who you have just battled for 60 minutes is just good sportsmanship if not nothing else. There is no need to gloat if you won or no need to not shake the hand if you lose. Just do it out of good sportsmanship and move on.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
When you’re on the winning side, some day it’ll be your turn to be on the other side, and vice versa.

Keep that in mind.

Then remind yourself of the fact Panarin was just on that losing side last year after CBJ blew a 2-0 series lead to the Capitals :rolleyes:

"How dare you, Panarin. Your team just won in the biggest upset in the history of the sport. Stop being excited and be nice to the man who crushed your teammate's head into the boards."

-HF

Good grief this board. By tomorrow there will be a new narrative about CBJ fans being too excited over a historic upset... :rolleyes:

Aren't they friends? lol the horror.

Yep, which is why the serious, overblown reactions here are the true horror of it all.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Panarin was being the bigger man here.

I applaud him.

EDIT : If they're friends in Real Life, then those here that are crying about this really need to stop.

No. Even if they are friends, even then Bread has gone over the top here. Kuch's reluctant reaction to shake his hand is for a reason.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I think that it is quite obnoxious to be laughing when shaking hands with an opponent who just suffered a surprising/stunning/huge loss in the playoffs. No one is going to be in a good mood when losing, so he should act accordingly.
If I'm not happy, no one should be happy.

Am I doing this right?

Reactions: mikeyp24 and CPTN71

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
DlTvtfjW4AEAvrV.jpg

Last summer

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I think some people are WAY over thinking it. I could imagine if one of my good freinds was on the other team and we had a week or so to go and knew we were playing each other, we would be shit talking the whole time, up until the end. All in good fun but still, and this was probably an

"Ahhhhhh I gotchu,"

"lol f*** off dude."

And nothing more. But not nearly as interesting, so carry on.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Pretty funny Imo.
They're friends after all. Yeah kuch probably doesn't feel good about it but toughen up and gear up for next year.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You want to talk about classless during handshakes? 2012 when the Kings beat the Coyotes, Hanzal and Doan were bitching incessantly ; pretty animated as well.

Reactions: Hynh

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If they aren't friends, it's disrespectful (to laugh in his face) and savage. Since I am confident they are actually friends this is just savage and thus I like it.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad