The Panarin / Kucherov Exchange

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

this is how ya do it

Ok as others have stated this is bread to a friend after his own devistating loss

Don't get me wrong. I think it was a dick move but I think its something they'll joke about.

No. Even if they are friends, even then Bread has gone over the top here. Kuch's reluctant reaction to shake his hand is for a reason.

When I was a kid, there was this thing called "sportsmanship."

That's where winners and losers alike act with class and dignity in sporting events.

Foreign concept, I know.

Five classless Panarins.

Yeah, you can mess with your friends. But anyone with any brains understands it's not a good idea to start ribbing your friend after they've just been embarrassed and are upset...

This isn't a local rec league game where your buddy's team won.

And this is if they are good friends which is a pretty big leap unless someone here can say they know both these players personally.

I would not be friends with anyone who would mess with me during such a moment. If I was Kuch then Id expect to be encouraged during that moment. And not mocked or messed around with. Kuch's reaction is quite understandable.

This.
If I win against someone I don't rub it in their face and I expect the same from them. Friends or no friends.

And encountering an embarassed opponent with such a smug gloating grin ... well, this I consider rubbing it in.

Look, you gotta show some respect in the line. One pump handshake and "good series." Maybe a pat if you know the guy. You don't want to give your opponents ammunition. :sarcasm:

If they're good friends off of the ice, which I don't question, then Panarin should've had more empathy for what Kucherov was going through. This is like if your buddy is torn up over breaking up with his girlfriend and you crack a huge smile and try to high five him because, now, the two of you can hang out more, like you used to. You would never do that. Instead, you'd feel bad for him and console him, since that's what friends do. Maybe later, you gently spin it as a positive, but not just moments after and while he's still on the ledge.

Now, friends should also be expected to be happy for one another, but any good gesture that Kucherov was willing to extend to his friend probably went out the door when he saw Panarin's over the top gesture and smile. I don't blame Kucherov one bit for not appreciating it. It was only a minute after likely the most crushing disappointment of his career (if not life) and his friend was celebrating it with him. I'd be miffed, as well.

Just shake the guys hand. Kucherov and his teammates just got their butts kicked but still lined up to shake hands with each player and coach that beat them down. It's not easy. Be gracious in victory and defeat.

For the people saying Kucherov is in the wrong, I’d like to see you get swept to be the biggest playoff bust of all time and then laugh it off right after. Love the bread man but he should’ve just shook his hand.

I'm not going to waste more time arguing your strawman. What does Hedman have to do with this? You brought him up.

Panarin decided to act like an ass to his friend in public when his friend was having a hard time. And what? You make something up and therefore it is true?

K.

People have an issue with how Kucherov handled it? You honestly expect him to give him a high five in that moment? That’s insane.

I've always thought that Panarin is dumb. **** him.

awkward. Panarin is expecting a big hug and high-5 from countryman....no mother ****er a 62 win team just got swept in 4 games, I don't think he's really happy or feeling that...

Hmm. You are talking to a Russian CBJ fan here who lives in the Netherlands. Im just saying.

If you look at the Bread vs Kuch 'exchange' then you may notice Kuch's reaction. It says quite a lot doesnt it?

Cry me a river...they look like buddies outside the rink...I agree teasing was a bit too far here but that's what it was...one guy coming on top of the other and being happy about it

Panarin being an idiot. Kucherov being a sore loser. Grrrreat!

Panarin seriously should have toned it down and understand the guys on the other side are dealing with the worst defeat of their careers maybe. I wonder how he takes it if somebody comes at him like that when he is on the other side. And it happens to all of them.

Kucherov has an issue with his emotions as evidenced by the incident that lead to the suspension and his post game reactions after the sweep.

Win with class. Kuch reacted the way most people would have.

All of you (except the first which is the Tarasenko video and Maylo/one other poster posting something similar to Maylo who posted the punch in the face picture) I quoted really should look at yourselves in the mirror... seriously. Bread was just going for a.big shake for his buddy and when he went for it Kuch joked about punching him and it made him smile and laugh bigger. Kuch was the one making the joke in the first place being a goofy dude with one of his best friends for f*** sakes. If all of you couldnt figure out this was 2 buddies having a.moment together where neither of them were being assholes and just having 1 last moment together to end a season you need to get out of the house.and enjoy some fresh air to clear out some.of the hate. I originally saw it for what it was and didnt realize people could even be made at bread here.

End of the day just 2 friends having a moment neither will ever forget. There are a lot more assholes in this thread then there was in that situation.

Last edited:

mtlmonk

Apr 21, 2014
Ok as others have stated this is bread to a friend after his own devistating loss

Why did you quote me...my last comment was saying pretty much what you're saying...2 good buddies going at it at the handshake

All of you (except the first which is the Tarasenko video and Maylo/one other poster posting something similar to Maylo who posted the punch in the face picture) I quoted really should look at yourselves in the mirror... seriously. Bread was just going for a.big shake for his buddy and when he went for it Kuch joked about punching him and it made him smile and laugh bigger. Kuch was the one making the joke in the first place being a goofy dude with one of his best friends for **** sakes. If all of you couldnt figure out this was 2 buddies having a.moment together where neither of them were being *******s and just having 1 last moment together to end a season you need to get out of the house.and enjoy some fresh air to clear out some.of the hate. I originally saw it for what it was and didnt realize people could even be made at bread here.

End of the day just 2 friends having a moment neither will ever forget. There are a lot more *******s in this thread then there was in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad