The Out of Town Thread LXXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
You know Eller's gone since he's a Kekalainen drafted player, the 1st pick likely and probably one of Beaulieu/Tinordi. Is that a cost we're willing to pay?

Absolutely. But I don't think it get's it done without one of Galchenyuk or Gallagher

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
CBJ wouldn't take that deal

Probably not but has anyone stopped a minute to think about the various proposals involving the Habs and what it really means?

It wasn't even two years ago that we could dream of putting together a package for the likes of a RyJo
and not get laughed out of and off of any board out there. :help:

My how times have changed :yo:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Don't trade patches. Trade either galchenyuk+ DD or Gallagher + DD and screw foligno

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
So will Johansen. They aren't gonna listen if we don't start by Galchenyuk.

I would do Gallagher, DD and a first but looks like Galchenyuk, DD and a 3rd might work more. And I did write a post in this thread a while back suggesting we should trade for RyanJo

No, I wouldn't make the trade. Too much to give up then a tough sign. I would offer up Plekanec and Eller? But that is most I would go

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I would try not to include Patches in any of theses deals. He's not my favorite player and he has his flaws, but that contract is one of the best in hockey. To have a 35-40 goal scorer that is big and fast at that price is a dream. I would try to hold on to that forever.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
No, I wouldn't make the trade. Too much to give up then a tough sign. I would offer up Plekanec and Eller? But that is most I would go

Johansen for Chuckie and a 1st and RyJo signs a long term deal before the trade?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I would try not to include Patches in any of theses deals. He's not my favorite player and he has his flaws, but that contract is one of the best in hockey. To have a 35-40 goal scorer that is big and fast at that price is a dream. I would try to hold on to that forever.

I had that exact same thought.
Not to mention RyJo is a puck possesion playmaker and would need a finisher.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Can you explain me why?

Looking at it from cbj's perspective, Johansen is 3 years younger than Pacioretty, they'll have similar production and Johansen is a center which are typically valued higher than wingers. Combining that with having to replace replace their 6'3 #1 center with one that is 5'7, also doesn't look attractive from a Columbus standpoint. Pacioretty does have a fantastic contract though, which would no doubt add to his value.

Value wise imo
Ryjo>Pac
Foligno>dd

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Looking at it from cbj's perspective, Johansen is 3 years younger than Pacioretty, they'll have similar production and Johansen is a center which are typically valued higher than wingers. Combining that with having to replace replace their 6'3 #1 center with one that is 5'7, also doesn't look attractive from a Columbus standpoint. Pacioretty does have a fantastic contract though, which would no doubt add to his value.

Value wise imo
Ryjo>Pac
Foligno>dd

Exactly and knowing Davidson size up the middle is imperative.
It would be Chucky plus or Eller plus plus.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 4m
#CBJ Ryan Johansen has packed his bags and is flying to Vancouver.

I know it's normal procedure but idk why this tweet made me bust out laughing

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 4m
#CBJ Ryan Johansen has packed his bags and is flying to Vancouver.

I know it's normal procedure but idk why this tweet made me bust out laughing

Similar to the Doughty situation a while back albeit far dirtier...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Value wise imo
Ryjo>Pac
Foligno>dd

Patches have one of the best contract in the NHL and he's 7th in goal scoring in the last 3 seasons, how the hell RyJo have more value? The guy is seeking a 7M contract right now after 1 good season..... So you would take Johansen at 7M per over Patches at 4.5M? Agree on Foligno even through he's UFA next summer.

Foligno>DD
Patches>Johansen

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Patches have one of the best contract in the NHL and he's 7th in goal scoring in the last 3 seasons, how the hell RyJo have more value? The guy is seeking a 7M contract right now after 1 good season..... So you would take Johansen at 7M per over Patches at 4.5M? Agree on Foligno even through he's UFA next summer.

Foligno>DD
Patches>Johansen

You must like Ryjo over Patches too considering you're the one that proposed the deal. I just said why Columbus wouldn't take it. Elite centers are more valuable than elite wingers, especially when the center will have similar production and is 3 years younger. I can also tell you that just because Johansen wants 7m/year doesn't mean he's getting it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't know about CBJ not biting on that deal...Pacioretty is signed to a better contract and more proven. Foligno and DD is a wash although I'd rather have Foligno.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 1 h
MIN G Josh Harding's off-ice injury is significant, likely to be out months as opposed to weeks. On crutches/in a boot. Tough break.

They need to sign Kuemper now....

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You must like Ryjo over Patches too considering you're the one that proposed the deal. I just said why Columbus wouldn't take it. Elite centers are more valuable than elite wingers, especially when the center will have similar production and is 3 years younger. I can also tell you that just because Johansen wants 7m/year doesn't mean he's getting it.

Oh you're right I love Johansen but I tough my offer was very generous by including Patches....

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Brendan Ross @RossyYoungblood · 48 min
Unsigned #Habs draft pick, Brady Vail (who just attended Carolina's prospect camp), is heading to #Leafs main camp. Plays with Windsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad