The Out of Town Thread LXXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 1 h
MIN G Josh Harding's off-ice injury is significant, likely to be out months as opposed to weeks. On crutches/in a boot. Tough break.

They need to sign Kuemper now....

Doesn't Josh have MS as well?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Battling MS in a mind over matter struggle is a game to game scenario.
The mind over matter battle gets lost in short order.
The damage is irreparable. Not a great prognosis.

Unfortunately you're right no matter how hard the victim tries to compensate.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Depends if they value Budaj higher than Bryz who they can get for free.

Bryz gets a pro tryout

Michael Russo @Russostrib · 8m
Sources: Ilya Bryzgalov has agreed to a pro tryout with #mnwild. Will arrive tomorrow. 7-1-3, 2.12 GAA down stretch with Wild last season

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Unfortunately you're right no matter how hard the victim tries to compensate.

I just found the initial report kind of anti-climatic with regards to a player who has MS hanging over him.
My Sister has MS and I can't wrap my head around the leg walking boot issue actually being very meaningful in the grand scheme of things?

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
Bouillon has heart...
But I really don't understand how his coverage is so so bad.
He is all over the ice. After so many years you would think that he would gain SOME sort of hockey iq.
But he just hasn't.
If anything, over the last few years, he has gotten worse.
He just causes chaos and confusion defensively.

Last edited:

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
If I'm CBJ, I don't sign him and I don't trade him. I make him play out his 3+ years or whatever it is, in the KHL. I make a statement with him. It's their only option. Its why the fact that the NHL has negotiated no UFA till 27.

Otherwise, they always lose out big time. Its the only way for the league to keep its right and not become the NFL.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
If I'm CBJ, I don't sign him and I don't trade him. I make him play out his 3+ years or whatever it is, in the KHL. I make a statement with him. It's their only option. Its why the fact that the NHL has negotiated no UFA till 27.

Otherwise, they always lose out big time. Its the only way for the league to keep its right and not become the NFL.

By winter if he doesn't have a contract he'll be free to join any team.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Johansen for Chuckie and a 1st and RyJo signs a long term deal before the trade?

I wouldn't trade Chuckie, Johansen contract demands are unreasonable.

John Davidson was on FAN590 tonight, said he laid it all in the open as he doesn't want hockey world to think they are lowballing RJ. He offered him a 2 yr bridge contract at 3.5m per, which is more than anybody has received on bridge contract, Ryan wants double that. They offered him a 5 year contract around 5m per he wants much more. Finally they offered him a 8 year contract around 6m per, he still wants much more. JD said he is a great kid, come along ways but only has had 1 good season. We can't top those numbers and give up Galchenyuk besides.

Last edited:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Can you eplain why? I thought he was an RFA? I'm sorry but I'm use to the last cba.

The current team must extend a "qualifying offer" to a restricted free agent to retain negotiating rights to that player. Qualifying offers are for one year contracts. The minimum salary for the qualifying offer depends on the player's prior year salary.

If the qualifying offer is not made, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent.
If the player rejects a qualifying offer, he remains a restricted free agent.

If theres no extension on his contract he will be a UFA, if by December the Jackets don't offer him a deal and no other team (pretty much impossible), he will be a UFA and if he'll no choice but to find another team by winter. If not he won't play the rest of the season then he'll be free as air next season. He pretty much has no choice but to accept a deal and there's no way he can be forced to play in Russia, cause if the Jackets don't offer him anything he'll be a UFA.

Last edited:

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Is there something about being called Ryan that makes a player go all extortive when it comes to contracts?

O'Reilly, Callahan & Johansen...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
The current team must extend a "qualifying offer" to a restricted free agent to retain negotiating rights to that player. Qualifying offers are for one year contracts. The minimum salary for the qualifying offer depends on the player's prior year salary.

If the qualifying offer is not made, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent.
If the player rejects a qualifying offer, he remains a restricted free agent.

If theres no extension on his contract he will be a UFA, if by December the Jackets don't offer him a deal and no other team (pretty much impossible), he will be a UFA and if he'll no choice but to find another team by winter. If not he won't play the rest of the season then he'll be free as air next season. He pretty much has no choice but to accept a deal and there's no way he can be forced to play in Russia, cause if the Jackets don't offer him anything he'll be a UFA.

The qualification have already been made back in june I think......

MrDangles67

Jun 17, 2014
Nb,Canada
Im hoping they land somewhere like 9th or 10th in the conference.. Boston, Montreal, Tampa should all be ahead of them in the division. Don't think they are as bad as Florida, Ottawa or Buffalo.

I agree but florida and buffalo got a lot better this offseason not ready for playoffs yet tho

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Really sucks for Mantha...

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Mantha was injured in Monday's prospects game. Leg caught in rut and got hit. No surgery.

Dan Rosen retweeted
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Wings top prospect Anthony Mantha is out 6-8 weeks with fractured right tibia, GM Ken Holland said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad