The Out of Town Thread LXXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pine*

**** is gonna hit the fan in Columbus soon.

Michael Arace ‏@MichaelArace1 13m
CBJ media day off to rousing start. JD comes right out and announces what the team has offered Johansen: $6M/2yrs, $32M/6 yrs, $46M/8. Wow.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's what I mean. If we can get Johansen without giving up Chucky, I'd explore it.

Galchenyuk-Johansen down the middle will have us set for years.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 5m
John Davidson tells reporters that the #CBJ offered Ryan Johansen $3M AAV over 2 years, $5.33M AAV over 6 years and $5.75M over 8 years.

I don't know how I feel about this. While 3mil is definitely low for RyJo, he still has had only 1 good year. Although it has been reported to be asking for 3mil more than what the Jackets are offering so both sides are being ridiculous imo.

That's what I mean. If we can get Johansen without giving up Chucky, I'd explore it.

not possible.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

At this point, I think I even deal Chucky for Johansen if I must do it. Johansen has proven he's the player we HOPE Chucky can become.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
**** is gonna hit the fan in Columbus soon.

Michael Arace ‏@MichaelArace1 13m
CBJ media day off to rousing start. JD comes right out and announces what the team has offered Johansen: $6M/2yrs, $32M/6 yrs, $46M/8. Wow.

I've never seen offers disclosed as publicly as this.

This is good, real good entertainment.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
John Davidson tells reporters that the #CBJ offered Ryan Johansen $3M AAV over 2 years, $5.33M AAV over 6 years and $5.75M over 8 years.

I don't know how I feel about this. While 3mil is definitely low for RyJo, he still has had only 1 good year. Although it has been reported to be asking for 3mil more than what the Jackets are offering so both sides are being ridiculous imo.

not possible.

I doubt it is, as well. Can't hurt to try, in any event.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At this point, I think I even deal Chucky for Johansen if I must do it. Johansen has proven he's the player we HOPE Chucky can become.

Only issue I have is.. Chucky is cheaper right now salary wise.. The whole reason to try would be to have two impactful centers going forward.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I doubt it is, as well. Can't hurt to try, in any event.

To be honest, if CBJ calls to offer me Ryan Johansen for Alex Galchenyuk, like tomorrow morning, I'd have a hard time declining.

Only issue I have is.. Chucky is cheaper right now salary wise.. The whole reason to try would be to have two impactful centers going forward.

Indeed, but we still have to see if Galchenyuk will have the same impact as Johansen can have right now. Personally, I think Johansen might be the more complete, and more gifted of the two.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I, like everyone here, suck at trade proposals.

Bare bones it starts with 1st round pick, tinordi, and de LA rose I would bet.

Ottawa got:
•Alex Chiasson
•Alex Guptill
•Nicholas Paul
•2nd-round pick (2015)

For:
•Jason Spezza
•Ludwig Karlsson

I'm sure Chiasson's good, but he's still unproven. As for the other two Dalas gave, no idea who they are.

Just basing on this, I don't think Ryan would cost us an incredible lot.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I, like everyone here, suck at trade proposals.

Bare bones it starts with 1st round pick, tinordi, and de LA rose I would bet.

Don't forget the cap space requirements if he was to become a Hab.
We'd have to find a taker for Moen Plecky/DD and perhaps someone else.

Columbus don't have a whole heck of a lot besides Johansen they would need top level talent in return that can step in and play immediately.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
To be honest, if CBJ calls to offer me Ryan Johansen for Alex Galchenyuk, like tomorrow morning, I'd have a hard time declining.

Indeed, but we still have to see if Galchenyuk will have the same impact as Johansen can have right now. Personally, I think Johansen might be the more complete, and more gifted of the two.

I'd drool all over this trade.
CBJ would want something more besides Chucky.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
This Johansen/CBJ situation is intense. Imagine if Molson came out with guns blazing like that during P.K.'s holdout? Yikes.

Granted, these are the kinds of things you can get away with when you're in Columbus as opposed to in Montreal.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't forget the cap space requirements if he was to become a Hab.
We'd have to find a taker for Moen Plecky/DD and perhaps someone else.

Columbus don't have a whole heck of a lot besides Johansen they would need top level talent in return that can step in and play immediately.

Hypothetically.. I'd move Desharnais in the package (if I can) then try to move Plekanec for help on the wing.

Obviously this is all a day dream. There's little chance of this happening. But its the few days before pre season

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This Johansen/CBJ situation is intense. Imagine if Molson came out with guns blazing like that during P.K.'s holdout? Yikes.

Granted, these are the kinds of things you can get away with when you're in Columbus as opposed to in Montreal.

Montreal is quickly becoming a desired destination for some of these young kids taxes and all.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hypothetically.. I'd move Desharnais in the package (if I can) then try to move Plekanec for help on the wing.

Obviously this is all a day dream. There's little chance of this happening. But its the few days before pre season

:laugh: Christmas is just around the corner.
But all kidding aside We are no longer the Siberia we were a decade ago. :handclap:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

not possible.

Of course it's possible. If we sent Johansen a 1 year 6.7m offer sheet would Columbus match? It would cost us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick. We could go up to 8.4m for an extra 1st round pick.

Pick wise those are both good deals for us, it all comes down to whether you are comfortable to giving him that kind of money because clearly Columbus doesn't.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Of course it's possible. If we sent Johansen a 1 year 6.7m offer sheet would Columbus match? It would cost us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick. We could go up to 8.4m for an extra 1st round pick.

Pick wise those are both good deals for us, it all comes down to whether you are comfortable to giving him that kind of money because clearly Columbus doesn't.

That's a lot for a kid who, admittingly, played one good season and has still to prove himself. All the while, that's also a lot for a 1 year deal, plus giving 2 picks in a draft that's supposed to be very deep.

Hypothetically, if we did give this offer of 6.7 for 1 year and it went through, does Johansen still remain a RFA after?

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Would you trade Chucky for Johansen right now though ?
I wouldn't but it's what it would take.

Columbus would match mostly because they can get more than that in a trade once they match. (maybe not the one with 2 first but would you give up 2 1st and a 2nd for RyJo with 1 good season. Great talent, but 1 good season?)

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
50/50.. I don't want to say yes simply because I'm a sucker for home grown talent.

I'd probably pull the trigger. IMO, his ceiling is slightly lower than Galchenyuk, but he's significantly more developed than Chucky. He's good on faceoffs, has faced the toughest competition at center on his team last year, he's bigger than Chucky and right-handed to boot. Obviously, the cap question comes up, but we might be able to do the trade if we unload Bourque or Prust.

If Galchenyuk is not involved, I think Colombus would look for a similar return to what Seguin got. An established top-6 player like Eriksson, a rookie ready to make an impact in the big league like Reilly Smith and a decent prospect like Joe Morrow. Obviously, Johansen isn't quite on Seguin's level so all the pieces would be slightly worse. For us that would probably be something like Plekanec/Eller/Gallagher+Andrighetto/DLR/Bournival+2nd. This trade would get laughed at in the trades board, but everyone overrates their assets and players are routinely traded for lower value than estimated by this board.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd probably pull the trigger. IMO, his ceiling is slightly lower than Galchenyuk, but he's significantly more developed than Chucky. He's good on faceoffs, has faced the toughest competition at center on his team last year, he's bigger than Chucky and right-handed to boot. Obviously, the cap question comes up, but we might be able to do the trade if we unload Bourque or Prust.

If Galchenyuk is not involved, I think Colombus would look for a similar return to what Seguin got. An established top-6 player like Eriksson, a rookie ready to make an impact in the big league like Reilly Smith and a decent prospect like Joe Morrow. Obviously, Johansen isn't quite on Seguin's level so all the pieces would be slightly worse. For us that would probably be something like Plekanec/Eller/Gallagher+Andrighetto/DLR/Bournival+2nd. This trade would get laughed at in the trades board, but everyone overrates their assets and players are routinely traded for lower value than estimated by this board.

If that was the package.. I'd make it without a second thought. I'd have to move DD then for cheap depth on the wing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia