The Out of Town Thread LXXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If that was the package.. I'd make it without a second thought. I'd have to move DD then for cheap depth on the wing..

Me too,
I would actually take RyJo over Seguin if i was to build from scratch.
My thinking being he will always be able to give something if he hits a drought.
Seguin is a more unidimensional talent.
Plus i'm a big believer in overall team size when it comes to PO time.
RyJo just seems to be a lot more solider all round.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
That's a lot for a kid who, admittingly, played one good season and has still to prove himself. All the while, that's also a lot for a 1 year deal, plus giving 2 picks in a draft that's supposed to be very deep.

Hypothetically, if we did give this offer of 6.7 for 1 year and it went through, does Johansen still remain a RFA after?

Yes he would still be RFA. The only issue is his qualifying offer is now 6.7m which to a certain extent means any future long term deal would have a cap hit of at least that and probably more.

Columbus would match mostly because they can get more than that in a trade once they match. (maybe not the one with 2 first but would you give up 2 1st and a 2nd for RyJo with 1 good season. Great talent, but 1 good season?)

I could be wrong but if they match I think they can't trade him for 1 year. So I'm not so sure Columbus would match. The picks are certainly not a good deal for them but matching is a huge risk as well. If Johansen has a bad year (say 50pts) he suddenly becomes near untradeable because no one will touch a 50pt RFA whose qualifying offer is 6.7m.

It's kind of moot because we don't have the cap space to do it (Unless we find a way to dump Desharnais, Moen, Budaj). But it certainly could be used as a threat during trade negotiations, ie if you don't accept our offer we will give him that offer sheet.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Bobby Ryan rejected 7 years and 49 mil from Ottawa apparently, would be surprised if he isn't moved.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The Ryan Johansen situation in Columbus?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=461988

It's as ugly as can be and it really doesn't look like they'll get a deal done. Columbus has offered him a 2 year, a 6 year and an 8 year deal. Basically, he doesn't want to be there.

If you're Bergie, do you inquire about the possibility of trading for this kid? Do we have the assets to make a deal for this kid happen?

What do you think...what would it take to get this guy in a Habs jersey? Or is he even wanted at this stage of the game?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

It's as ugly as can be and it really doesn't look like they'll get a deal done. Columbus has offered him a 2 year, a 6 year and an 8 year deal. Basically, he doesn't want to be there.

If you're Bergie, do you inquire about the possibility of trading for this kid? Do we have the assets to make a deal for this kid happen?

What do you think...what would it take to get this guy in a Habs jersey? Or is he even wanted at this stage of the game?

Galchenyuk

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Johansen for Galchenyuk, 3rd round pick and DD done deal then you trade moen and budaj for picks

Johansen, Plekanec and Eller as centers

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Galchenyuk

Just for discussion sake.....that might be a legitimate trade off and definitely something I'd consider, if presented.

I'm a Chuckie fan for sure....but just thinking of the best interests of the team :)

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
We have to trade a star player(Galchenyuk/Pacioretty) to get him... and then give him 6-7M$? Hum.. not sure it will help our team.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Sucks we are a division rival. By no means is Ryan a great defensive player but he'd give us another legit big body scorer down the wing.

With Ottawa, I don't think that's a big issue if we give something decent in return. It isn't as if we were trading with Boston.

Habs and Sens have traded within the division before.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

The question is: What do they need if they trade RyJo?

I assume they need some forwards since they have Bob in net and a very good defensive sqad......

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
You know Eller's gone since he's a Kekalainen drafted player, the 1st pick likely and probably one of Beaulieu/Tinordi. Is that a cost we're willing to pay?

If they asked for this, then no, I wouldn't consider it. I also don't think the price would be that high and if he does really want out, that would hurt Columbus's leverage in trying to trade him.

pine*

You know Eller's gone since he's a Kekalainen drafted player, the 1st pick likely and probably one of Beaulieu/Tinordi. Is that a cost we're willing to pay?

Abso-****ing-lutely. RyJo is a stud.

The thought of Galchenyuk/Johansen down the middle makes me **** in my pants

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Plekanec and 1 of our top prospects I would offer, but wouldn't trade Galchenyuk. He'll score 70 points next season

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Plekanec and 1 of our top prospects I would offer, but wouldn't trade Galchenyuk. He'll score 70 points next season

So will Johansen. They aren't gonna listen if we don't start by Galchenyuk.

I would do Gallagher, DD and a first but looks like Galchenyuk, DD and a 3rd might work more. And I did write a post in this thread a while back suggesting we should trade for RyanJo

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

I'd take that deal, but realistically if they were to trade Johansen they would want someone back that could replace him right away or really soon. I feel Chuckie would have to be involved.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Duh!!!!

Patches-DD-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Johansen-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Bourque
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Bournival

Sexy lineup!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad