The Out of Town Thread LXXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Glad the Flyers are suffering. Downgrade from Hartnell to Umberger, then will lose Vinny for nothing.

I wouldn't mind helping them...by giving the Habs Matt Read.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Glad the Flyers are suffering. Downgrade from Hartnell to Umberger, then will lose Vinny for nothing.

I wouldn't mind helping them...by giving the Habs Matt Read.

And their superstar is a drunk who likes Men's ass!!! At least Carter and Richards were after girls!! Last time that happened in Philly they traded their 2 best players who have went on to win 2 Cups in 3 years, keep it up Philly :laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
This is for Leafspoison...

I didn't realize Toronto had traded so much for Bolland...adds up to a 2nd 2013 and 4th 2013(very strong draft to boot) plus a 4th in 2014. Crazy!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My growing concern is the Leafs bomb and get a top 10 pick in this draft. That can help them by getting them a franchise player.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not a doubt in my mind that they pick top 10 again. So brace yourself.

Im hoping they land somewhere like 9th or 10th in the conference.. Boston, Montreal, Tampa should all be ahead of them in the division. Don't think they are as bad as Florida, Ottawa or Buffalo.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Sens sign Legwand for 2yrs, 3m per. Good move for them, but they're still not a threat imo

It helps them out, but I don't see them as anything more than a team that battles for 8th with Toronto, Columbus Detroit Washington and Carolina.

They missed the playoffs by 5 points and will have to make up for the goals lost with Spezza(66 points in 75 games) and Hemsky(17pts in 20 games down the stretch). Legwand will replace about half of it.

The Bobby Ryan thing could impact their season...he is unlikely to sign back there and they may have to trade him midseason or risk losing him for nothing...would be another big loss.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Good terms for Ottawa, but man did this team regress since their mini Stanley Cup against Montreal last season. I hope they continue to be a joke for a long time.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It helps them out, but I don't see them as anything more than a team that battles for 8th with Toronto, Columbus Detroit Washington and Carolina.

They missed the playoffs by 5 points and will have to make up for the goals lost with Spezza(66 points in 75 games) and Hemsky(17pts in 20 games down the stretch). Legwand will replace about half of it.

The Bobby Ryan thing could impact their season...he is unlikely to sign back there and they may have to trade him midseason or risk losing him for nothing...would be another big loss.

If I'm Murray, I trade Ryan right away to maximize his trade value, get a couple of young assets with potential in return, sign a couple of tweeners like Setoguchi and Stempniak to fill the voids, and try to win the McDavid sweeptakes next season. There's no way that team is going anywhere this season.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If I'm Murray, I trade Ryan right away to maximize his trade value, get a couple of young assets with potential in return, sign a couple of tweeners like Setoguchi and Stempniak to fill the voids, and try to win the McDavid sweeptakes next season. There's no way that team is going anywhere this season.

That may get him fired though, unless Melnyk is on board.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
That may get him fired though, unless Melnyk is on board.

Here's the thing though; Melnyk won't let him spend a dime. At some point you have to make decisions when you're GM. And trying to be semi-competitive ain't gonna cut it. They literally have the worst team on paper in the NHL.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If I were Sens GM I'd trade Ryan too. That team has no hope of being competitive, may as well go for McDavid and hope the NHL forces out the owner before his ELC is up.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Here's the thing though; Melnyk won't let him spend a dime. At some point you have to make decisions when you're GM. And trying to be semi-competitive ain't gonna cut it. They literally have the worst team on paper in the NHL.

Not sure I'd go that far, but they are bottom 10 and not getting better any time soon.

I still remember McGuire pumping their tires 2 years ago about their farm system etc. Most of their kids have not dome much since...Zibanejad being the only exception, he looks like he will be a solid 2 way player. Trades like the Spezza(should have moved him while he still had value), Ryan(too much for a 2 year player) and Bishop(for Conacher).

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
If I were Sens GM I'd trade Ryan too. That team has no hope of being competitive, may as well go for McDavid and hope the NHL forces out the owner before his ELC is up.

They're going to deal him when they see the playoffs are out of reach. I get the idea, but if they're not willing to give their team a chance, I don't think it's any better.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
And their superstar is a drunk who likes Men's ass!!! At least Carter and Richards were after girls!! Last time that happened in Philly they traded their 2 best players who have went on to win 2 Cups in 3 years, keep it up Philly :laugh:

Weird and homophobic post. Doubt they are trading Giroux btw. Very much doubt he's a "drunk". Would LOVE to have him regardless of who's ass he wants to touch, cuz you know all NHLers are perfect gentlemen.

My growing concern is the Leafs bomb and get a top 10 pick in this draft. That can help them by getting them a franchise player.

Yup. Not an insignificant inevitability. They need to someeeeeehow make the playoffs. Draft is just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad