The Out of Town Thread - LXX - Large Extra Extra? - All talks around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Life is good when the New Jersey Devils still have not won a game!

Lamoriello is an idiot to not have forfait his pick in 2012. Unless you win the Cup, you cannot picked later than 29. How stupid are you really....Matteau was not that much of a steal so that he HAD to pick him at that spot....Makes no sense whatsoever.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lamoriello is an idiot to not have forfait his pick in 2012. Unless you win the Cup, you cannot picked later than 29. How stupid are you really....Matteau was not that much of a steal so that he HAD to pick him at that spot....Makes no sense whatsoever.

More so, Matteau would probably fall to the 2nd ... and he might have been able to trade up to get it

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Trouba just took a nasty tumble head first into the boards. He missed his check. Hope he is ok.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Nick Tarnasky with two goals in the third period for Hamilton tonight.

Call him up!!!!!!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Signing Kovalchuk and Zajac to insane contracts leaving no resources for signing Parise. That team is put together by band aids

thewall

Jul 9, 2010

It would be EPIC if the Devils would forfeit the 1st Overall pick this year.. :handclap: Everybody says Lou is a Genius... Since the Cap Era he's been dishing out stupid contracts and sending vets in the minors (McGillis, Malakhov) and his battles with Mogilny and so on and on... I hope Ryder and Jagr enjoy their new team in Jersey!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Surprised that no one really talks about this: Tampa has a 5-2 record as well.

The Atlantic division is scary: Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Tampa, Boston and Ottawa (the latter of which has been picking up steam) are in the top 8 so far (6 of 8!)... I hate the new conference/division/playoff seeding format. The East is getting screwed over.

It looks so far, though it is early, that Atlantic will have 5 PO teams, and the metrosexual division 3 PO teams. That gives Habs a decent chance at PO.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
It looks so far, though it is early, that Atlantic will have 5 PO teams, and the metrosexual division 3 PO teams. That gives Habs a decent chance at PO.

I would be pissed if the Habs has more points than the 2nd/3rd rank from the Metro division and out of the PO.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Anaheim just had to win. Makes me bitter I didn't set my fantasy roster earlier in the day. I would have started Hiller because he's had a hot start to the season. .

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
...and they're better than Buffalo, so...:laugh:

The two saddest teams i see are Philly and Buffalo.

Philly might rebound, it's up to Giroux, but man, they were so good not that long ago. Holmgren just creates these roller coasters...and the goalie thing, jeez, curse of Ron Hextall or something. Carter and Richards deals not looking so good.

Poor Sabres. I pity their fans. Sabres have generally always been pretty good, like the Habs, but man, no FA wants to be there and they have been screwed by UFA over the years. I can't remember the last time they were this ****, if ever. They were damn good within one or two years of coming into the league, and gave Habs nightmares in early mid seventies PO. I think they might lose the team if they don't draft top 2 and excite the fans again. And the Myers thing is just ****ed. Though I still think the kid will rebound.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is that LL thought the team was going to be a top finisher for three years.

That in itself was a mistake, given Marty's age.

But the much more obvious mistake was not acting when the picture was clear, and deferring the draft pick loss to when the situation could not be known.

Really, really dumb, that. The worst mistake of LL's career, and it could cost them the no. 1-3 this year.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I would be pissed if the Habs has more points than the 2nd/3rd rank from the Metro division and out of the PO.

Highly unlikely the 6th place Atlantic team will have more points than the 4th place Metrosexual team...no worries.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
The two saddest teams i see are Philly and Buffalo.

Philly might rebound, it's up to Giroux, but man, they were so good not that long ago. Holmgren just creates these roller coasters...and the goalie thing, jeez, curse of Ron Hextall or something. Carter and Richards deals not looking so good.

Poor Sabres. I pity their fans. Sabres have generally always been pretty good, like the Habs, but man, no FA wants to be there and they have been screwed by UFA over the years. I can't remember the last time they were this ****, if ever. They were damn good within one or two years of coming into the league, and gave Habs nightmares in early mid seventies PO. I think they might lose the team if they don't draft top 2 and excite the fans again. And the Myers thing is just ****ed. Though I still think the kid will rebound.

They did get Leino on th UFA market! :sarcasm:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It would be EPIC if the Devils would forfeit the 1st Overall pick this year.. :handclap: Everybody says Lou is a Genius... Since the Cap Era he's been dishing out stupid contracts and sending vets in the minors (McGillis, Malakhov) and his battles with Mogilny and so on and on... I hope Ryder and Jagr enjoy their new team in Jersey!

Yeah, they'll forfeit the first overall to... edmonton. Yay.:sarcasm:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The only explanation that makes any sense to me is that LL thought the team was going to be a top finisher for three years.

Other explanation is that he thought the world of that 1st round and who he could have gotten. And didn't think the 2014 1st round would be that great. Which is an incredible mistake....people talked about how great 2013 was and it was true. But 2014 1st round will be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad