OT: The Other Sports Thread VIII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
It would be quite the coupe if a team can lure Masai, who in turn brings kwahi with him.
I just don't know if that would be at all feasible. Kawhi isn't the type of a player to hop to his third new team. He either goes to Cali as he has always preferred or stay with familiarity and success in Toronto.

Reactions: Runner77

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
huh, I guess they were right, Toronto is going all the way this year :sarcasm:
Can’t help but notice the difference in makeup between the leafs crowds and raptors crowds ...

This is seismic for future generations Hockey really needs to open its doors or Canada, Greater Toronto in particular will lose a lot of potential hockey talent to basketball down the line as kids and their families will definitely prefer the latter, especially when you take into account the costs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Can’t help but notice the difference in makeup between the leafs crowds and raptors crowds ...

This is seismic for future generations Hockey really needs to open its doors or Canada, Greater Toronto in particular will lose a lot of potential hockey talent to basketball down the line as kids and their families will definitely prefer the latter, especially when you take into account the costs.

This...
Plus, the slow & steady growth of MLS will also chip away at hockey's supremacy, especially in Toronto, Vancouver & Montreal.

NHL, and hockey, need to get moving now (which they likely won't under Bettman & co), by the time it gets so bad that it really starts to dent their revenue, it will be too late.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Haven't spotted anything too wild, other than big crowds everywhere in Toronto, screaming and making noise.

This pales in comparison to when the Philadelphia Eagles won where a group of fans brought down a hotel awning but jumping off of it, a guy ate horse excrement off the pavement, some fans stripped naked for no reason and several street lights were disassembled and thrown about, it was a mayhem of epic proportions.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Raps babyyyy! Damn this feels good! Bruins and Warriors losing championship games in the span of 24 hours, couldn’t be happier. The clip of Toronto erupting after the win gave me goosebumps, hope I’ll get to experience that in Montreal one day!

Anyway, bye bye GS, your time’s done! **** them and also **** the refs who did their best to hand them the win tonight!

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Haven't spotted anything too wild, other than big crowds everywhere in Toronto, screaming and making noise.

This pales in comparison to when the Philadelphia Eagles won where a group of fans brought down a hotel awning but jumping off of it, a guy ate horse excrement off the pavement, some fans stripped naked for no reason and several street lights were disassembled and thrown about, it was a mayhem of epic proportions.
It is pretty nuts here.

I’m here about 12KM from the downtown core and still at 2:15am all I hear is car horns and yelling all around me.

Yonge street is completely congested from Front st to Steeles ave. That’s a 30+ kilometre conga line.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It is pretty nuts here.

I’m here about 12KM from the downtown core and still at 2:15am all I hear is car horns and yelling all around me.

Yonge street is completely congested from Front st to Steeles ave. That’s a 30+ kilometre conga line.
Why aren't you out there?

This is the first canadian team Championship win since 93...I wouldn't risk waiting another 26 years to celebrate out there personally.
If I hadn't booked my tickets back home for Mid-July already I'd probably have flown down.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Why aren't you out there?

This is the first canadian team Championship win since 93...I wouldn't risk waiting another 26 years to celebrate out there personally.
If I hadn't booked my tickets back home for Mid-July already I'd probably have flown down.
We went for about an hour on Yonge street st, but my daughter (single full time dad here) has an exam at 8:45 am, so we packed it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad