OT: The Other Sports Thread VIII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I wonder how leafs fans feel now that their team is def second in the city.
The old white guys I work with are super salty about it. Gonna be great to watch them act oblivious to what happened on Monday and then parrot the same old "I just can't get into it" shtick.

Reactions: OG6ix

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'm ecstatic! Didn't think the Raptors would win the series and remained cautiously optimistic until the final buzzer of game 6 went off. Now I can really enjoy this accomplishment by the team for a few days!

:yo::yo::yo:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I gotta say I love this as a Raps and Habs fan. I was in Toronto when the Tavares and Leonard moves were made and all the talk was about Tavares and how the Leafs were now contenders. Well one year later and one team is in the finals and it's not the one most locals were talking about.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
You gotta think he will snap out of it soon. Thank goodness the bench choose a great time to step up. Powell, Freddy and Ibaka were huge.
Everyone kept waiting and waiting for that to happen, but he seems to be getting worse and worse.

Now that the bench has woken up, Nurse put him on a very short leash. That won't help his confidence I'd think. We all know GS is going to shoot lots of threes, so I hope we see Green from the regular season in the Finals.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
All part of MLSE. Leafs are their #1 hockey team ... Raps are their #1 basketball team. Marlies also part of MLSE are in ECF. Nice to have good choices.
That's like thinking Democrats and Republicans get along cause they're all Murrican.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nice to have good choices.

I don’t know how many Raptor fans there might be in Montreal, but the whole pro sports scene in Toronto is something I’d wish could be replicated in Montreal. Would be great to have the NBA and MLB in Montreal.

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Winning Starts on top. Best record in the league, was not enough for Masai, he wanted a championship! put his mouth (and phone and signature) where his mouth is.

What a contrast from our Gm, we make the playoff and anything can happen....

No wonder why a team is going in the final and the other is looking at another season with nothing to show for it.

Reactions: Montreal Impact FC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad