OT: The Other Sports Thread VIII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
You know what's funny, the people that thought Warriors were better off and played better without KD :laugh::laugh:. Warriors are now 1-2 in finals without KD. With him in the lineup they still havent lost a playoff series.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Those of you who followed the team year-round, how much credit goes to Nick Nurse?

Reactions: Gravity

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
So

I look at my tsn app, 19 seconds remaining. I won’t have time won’t I? At least I’ll catch the post game celebrations. Meh, let’s try

Find a stream, open it. 15 ****ing minutes it took for the game to end :laugh:

Then something that made me appreciate hockey even more: the white commish, hands over the trophy to the white owner, who seems to hang on to that trophy way too long while his black athlete - who did all the work just patiently wait. Not good optics

Seriously tho: the coming handing over the trophy to the ****ing owner? That’s ****ed up

I'm pretty sure the owner is presented the Trophy in the NFL, and unless I'm mistaken, MLB as well.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
How awkward and embarrassing is it to hand the trophy to the owners, the GM, the coach...... and THEN the players!?! The optics are terrible and frankly embarrassing for a league that struggles with racial and class tensions.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
So

I look at my tsn app, 19 seconds remaining. I won’t have time won’t I? At least I’ll catch the post game celebrations. Meh, let’s try

Find a stream, open it. 15 ****ing minutes it took for the game to end :laugh:

Then something that made me appreciate hockey even more: the white commish, hands over the trophy to the white owner, who seems to hang on to that trophy way too long while his black athlete - who did all the work just patiently wait. Not good optics

Seriously tho: the coming handing over the trophy to the ****ing owner? That’s ****ed up
The NFL is the absolute worst for it. Hockey and Soccer seem to. Realise it’s the players that won it!

Reactions: MasterDecoy

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I'm pretty sure the owner is presented the Trophy in the NFL, and unless I'm mistaken, MLB as well.

And that’s why I said it made me appreciate the nhl even more. And how about that Stanley cup eh?

Come to think of it, don’t think I’ve ever seen an mlb or nfl championship handover....

Hell, this might the first time I see a non nhl trophy handover. I usually leave before that happens

Edit: other than World Cup of coursw

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
What i like about Raptors winning is the fact that they did it the hard way, without the help of free agency and having to deal with a lot players bolting. They built everything through good drafting and trades.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
How awkward and embarrassing is it to hand the trophy to the owners, the GM, the coach...... and THEN the players!?! The optics are terrible and frankly embarrassing for a league that struggles with racial and class tensions.
Plenty of racial and class tensions on this side of the sports universe as well.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What i like about Raptors winning is the fact that they did it the hard way, without the help of free agency and having to deal with a lot players bolting. They built everything through good drafting and trades.

This...
Amazing what can happen with leadership committed to excellence & not hiding behind excuses.

We can only hope our ownership is paying attention

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lots of Rap fans complaining that the owner was first to touch the trophy and how it should have been handed to the players, first.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
It sure is if you're primarily an NHL fan, because the NHL is the only one of the four major sports leagues that gives out an individual award based on the entire body of the playoffs.

And I wonder how much this affects our perception of playoffs. The way we see it as an entirely different season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad