OT: The Other Sports Thread VIII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I just don't know if that would be at all feasible. Kawhi isn't the type of a player to hop to his third new team. He either goes to Cali as he has always preferred or stay with familiarity and success in Toronto.

Jay onrait said he heard Kawhi said after the game, about the Raptors: "THEY have a lot to continue to build on."

It sounds like he's going home. But he'll have to leave a lot of money on the table to do that. We'll see.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Love the Raptors but cant stand Drake. He gets more exposure then the team and its coaching staff. Thats a bit pathetic imo. Hes sitting on his lazy boy on a stage in front of the Jurasic Park crowd. How pathetic can it be?

#wethenorth

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Yeah, that is too bad. I am a Raps fan of course, but while I want the win, I never like seeing players get hurt. The booing when KD went down for example in game 5 disgusted me.

I mean, I hate, and I mean hate, a lot of NHL players but I don’t want to see anyone injured (though I may not feel bad about it).

A shame GS was so banged up but that’s just the way it is sometimes.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm a total downer. I'm happy for the Raptors' fans, but I really don't feel any connection or national pride because the team won. I only watched last night because my wife was into it. I thought the last-second technical fouls were a stupid waste of time and ruined the moment.

Have to go yell at a cloud....

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I'm a total downer. I'm happy for the Raptors' fans, but I really don't feel any connection or national pride because the team won. I only watched last night because my wife was into it. I thought the last-second technical fouls were a stupid waste of time and ruined the moment.

Have to go yell at a cloud....

And righly so as this is not Team Canada Basketball it's the Toronto Raptors...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
And righly so as this is not Team Canada Basketball it's the Toronto Raptors...
Yup. But like hockey and baseball, the franchise becomes an accidental flag-bearer for its country due to geography. Owners and players don't give a damn, but fans and media do.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Just a few thoughts post game

Incredible game. Back and forth from start to finish.

Hope Durant and Thompson are ok. I was skeptical when Durant came back. WTF was GS thinking putting him back in. As soon as I saw the Thompson replay I knew that was ACL. Hope they recover well.

Refereeing needs to improve. It seemed to favor GS all series long evidenced by the stat that Nick Nurse pointed out when Raptors got their first 3 point ft to GS 12. They also need more consistency overall.

Masai has huge balls making that gamble on Kawai and Gasol but man did it ever pay off.

Speaking of Kawai, what a legend. The dynasty killer. Amazing playoffs. Raptors needed a super human effort from him and they got it.

Wasn't sold on Nurse but theirs no doubt anymore that the guy is a fantastic coach. He outmaneuvered the opposition.

I was hard on a lot of the Raptors not named Kawai all along but that supporting cast came through big. Lowry and FVV stepped up big when they had to

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad