OT: The Other Sports Thread VIII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The have been rumblings of this before. I wouldn't rule this possibility out completely, although we'll see if winning a championship has any effect on it going forward.

Sure, but to have that come out right now, is so odd. Couldn't they have waited a couple of days? Who does this.

Reactions: Gravity

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Those of you who followed the team year-round, how much credit goes to Nick Nurse?

He stabilized the defence for one, but more importantly is that he will adapt to the flow of the game. Most coaches are rigid, something we know well with CJ (though in fairness, he’s been more willing adapt this past year), but Nurse will not be afraid to try something different if needed.

He’s coached for a long time but he’s also one to use analytics in his decision making. He’s a modern coach as well who works with the player.

I loved Casey before him, but sometimes a change is needed and while Casey may have had success coaching this year’s Raptors, the move to Nurse was obviously a good decision. Remarkable as Nurse wasn’t even the first choice.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Isn't it how it's usually done in the NBA?

I straight up said I had no idea. It’s the first time I see a non Stanley cup trophy being handed over, I assume it’s always done that way and someone corrected me and said it’s also done that way in the nfl and mlb

I still think it’s f***ed up that the owner receives the trophy first and thank god hockey and football isn’t that way

The same people complaining are doing so because, like me, they’ve never seen it before. Hence: bandwagon fans

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
He stabilized the defence for one, but more importantly is that he will adapt to the flow of the game. Most coaches are rigid, something we know well with CJ (though in fairness, he’s been more willing adapt this past year), but Nurse will not be afraid to try something different if needed.

He’s coached for a long time but he’s also one to use analytics in his decision making. He’s a modern coach as well who works with the player.

I loved Casey before him, but sometimes a change is needed and while Casey may have had success coaching this year’s Raptors, the move to Nurse was obviously a good decision. Remarkable as Nurse wasn’t even the first choice.
He sure showed TOR's first choice he was the right hire in the Conference Finals. :D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
God, I can't believe ABC is doing a dumb epilogue with the big voice-over and dramatic music, like they do at the end of Olympic games.

So cliche and fake.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What do you think -- is he back as a Raptor next year?

Gosh, I hope so. I just got my board man shirt and a “Fun Guy” shirt for my son this week.

At least my shirt will have some irony to it if he leaves though.

That said, I think he has it pretty good here. The team is competitive, just won the championship and other than himself and Gosol, all key players are signed for the next season.

Plus, in terms of sponsorship I think he won’t have any problems in Toronto.

However, he may want to go “home” and join the Lakers who will have the cap room to pay him max salary but the team isn’t very good right now. The Clippers are another option and it’s been mentioned here in the news that their scouts have attended a lot of games in Toronto this year.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad