The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Add in those 2 freshmen speed tower widouts to him and it's going to be tough to stop. Dabo might be the best X's and O's coach out there too.
also has a personality unlike saban. he should be able to pick the best of the best skill positions in recruiting. he looks like the coach everyone would want to play for.

Reactions: triggrman

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I for one have learned that my interest in college football is largely tribal affiliation-based, because I didn't bother to watch a single minute of Alabama-Clemson Yet Again Oh Dear G-d When Will We Get Other Teams This Is So ****ing Boringly Repetitive. The whole "but it's two great teams, so it'll be good football" argument was just completely lost on me.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I for one have learned that my interest in college football is largely tribal affiliation-based, because I didn't bother to watch a single minute of Alabama-Clemson Yet Again Oh Dear G-d When Will We Get Other Teams This Is So ****ing Boringly Repetitive. The whole "but it's two great teams, so it'll be good football" argument was just completely lost on me.
I didn't watch it but I kept up with the score, with no small amount of glee at the results. If UT can't beat them (typical result) then anyone else is acceptable. It is hard to cheer against my mother, sister and niece, but tis a yearly thing.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
This is what I love about being an MTSU fan. Through the OVC, Sunbelt and now CUSA, you know your team doesn't have any national impact so it's easy to ignore all of that and be happy with a winning season, a rivalry win, a division and conference title and a bowl game/win. And the teams are pretty fluid in the standings there, not just the same couple of teams dominating every year.

Reactions: triggrman

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Out of curiosity, have there been any updates or information released on the upcoming NFL draft in April and how/where to get tickets here in town or how that entire process goes?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So UT should become #1 in the basketball poll next week.

Bizarro world.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So UT should become #1 in the basketball poll next week.

Bizarro world.

No, if Duke loses, it should be Virginia #1 followed by Wisconsin as #2.

Just kidding about the 12-6 Badgers. It will probably be UT as #1 or #2, depending on the out come. Bruce Pearl is a good coach. He was at UW Milwaukee for a few years and built their program up a lot.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
He changes schools too often for me to keep up with him!

He probably would have stayed but got some violations, something about recruits at a BBQ if I'm remembering it right. They weren't insignificant either, and maybe he lied during the investigation? Someone else probably has better details than I do.

BP definitely turned around the BB culture at UT, but took a lot of that progress back down a few notches with the violations. I'm actually shocked that they're legitimately good again already, nevermind the potential #1 team.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He probably would have stayed but got some violations, something about recruits at a BBQ if I'm remembering it right. They weren't insignificant either, and maybe he lied during the investigation? Someone else probably has better details than I do.

BP definitely turned around the BB culture at UT, but took a lot of that progress back down a few notches with the violations. I'm actually shocked that they're legitimately good again already, nevermind the potential #1 team.

When Pearl was at UWM he had a bad relationship with the coach of UIC. He had previously reported him for a recruiting violation. They were both Head Coaches in the Horizon League. It happened when Pearl was still an assistant at Iowa and Jimmy Collins was an assistant coach at Illinois. That was the Illini's third time in trouble in a few years and the NCAA stepped on them. The strange thing is, they cleared Illinois of that reported violation, but the NCAA investigation found other violations to trigger the sanctions.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He's been gone for like 7 years.

You are right, he left in 2011. He was hired by Auburn in 2014. I have probably seen him on TV! I watch a lot of college BB. I saw UW beat Michigan. I saw parts of 2 other games and saw all of the Dayton win at St Bonaventure in 2 OT. That was really exciting! I was watching Duke and Virginia during all of this. Maybe that is why I am confused. I am over doing it!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Oh yeah that's awesome.

He's also the same guy behind this, from the Tinder dating app where he only talked to girls about the Titans to get their responses

Women Of Tinder Discuss The Tennessee Titans
The best part was the last game “A horse crapped in their bar and no one cared to clean it up” that described the Colts loss perfectly.
I love Bar Rescue anyway

Last edited:

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Saints just got massively hosed. Blatant Pass interference not called. Cost then a spot in the Super Bowl
The hit could have been called as well. Neither were and the Saints got majorly jobbed. I have no dog in that fight but I hate seeing refs dictate the fate of a game like that.

Reactions: braindead

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
They've got all of the angles. Nothing touched. They keep looking at weird angles going 'oooh it looks like it touched there!' but then they look at the straight on angle and it doesn't touch.

**I'm shocked. They called it correctly.**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad