OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Sorry, after what almost happened to the Preds, I will never support relocation of another major sports team. Just hang in there and wait for expansion.
they’ve already lost the raiders and warriors. i am with you on the sentiment but the city of Oakland is obviously screwing the pooch on many fronts…

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
they’ve already lost the raiders and warriors. i am with you on the sentiment but the city of Oakland is obviously screwing the pooch on many fronts…
It sounds like the team will pay for the stadium and their asking for infrastructure improvements. Frankly, infrastructure (and in this case it would all be physical, i.e. subway stops) is typically a fairly easy sell. Makes it easy to understand why Oakland is bleeding sports franchises.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Braves bullpen is never going to be good enough with what they have. starting pitching is average.

same old homer or strikeout at the plate. do not see them making the playoffs.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Perfect example…

8-4 bottom of the 9th. Braves Swanson batting - 0 on 0 out

3-2 and swings at ball 4.

1-4 on the day for swanson with a 2 run HR and 3 Ks

15 strikeouts for the day.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Perfect example…

8-4 bottom of the 9th. Braves Swanson batting - 0 on 0 out

3-2 and swings at ball 4.

1-4 on the day for swanson with a 2 run HR and 3 Ks

15 strikeouts for the day.

Lifelong, die hard Braves fan- this team is a complete and absolute mess. I will be absolutely shocked if we make the playoffs this year.

Today's game was another complete embarrassment- that 9th inning perfect microcosm- 4-4 game- Jays get a bunch of clutch hits, score 4 runs, bat for about 30 minutes. Braves come up and its 3 straight strikeouts in about 4 minutes tops.

We just went 0-6 against Toronto- we made them look like the 27 Yankees and they do look like a very good team. But then you look at their record- and they are 14-16 against everyone but the Braves. NOT GOOD.

Compare this Braves team to last year's team- it is worse in every area- there is not a single part of this team (starting pitching, bullpen, offense, defense, depth, etc, etc, etc) that is not significantly worse than last year

And oh by the way, its not a popular opinion, but Brian Snitker is a TERRIBLE in game manager.

It is going to be a long year.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

The Raiders moved far away to Las Vegas after previous moves to LA and back.

Golden State moved across the bay to San Francisco. That is like Minneapolis to St Paul.

The Warriors played at the Cow Palace next to the border of San Francisco in the 1960s and didn't move to Oakland until 1971. Short of moving back to Philly, you could say that they are back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad