OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Sorry, after what almost happened to the Preds, I will never support relocation of another major sports team. Just hang in there and wait for expansion.
Normally I agree with this sentiment but Oakland is refusing to work with the A’s who are willing to pay for the Stadium. Whereas in the Predators situation Baldy refused to work with the city of Nashville and had already moved the team in his mind. When a city refuses to work with a team and says that awful Coliseum is fine when they had to remove sewage from the locker room one time.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Well Mickelson has already blown his lead on the first hole so at least I wont be tempted to watch the PGA while the game is on..

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
This is a great trade for the Titans. Plus the picks really aren’t so bad considering they will get comp picks back for Davis and Smith. Basically got Julio for near free (with that salary of course).

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
This is a great trade for the Titans. Plus the picks really aren’t so bad considering they will get comp picks back for Davis and Smith. Basically got Julio for near free (with that salary of course).

Pats fan reaction: Pats already signed a bunch of TEs from free agency, drafted some WRs. I didn't see it to be honest.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I havent seen the Titans faithful this excited since Mariota came to town. Hilarious how hyped these moves are… the NFL is a helluva marketing company.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I havent seen the Titans faithful this excited since Mariota came to town. Hilarious how hyped these moves are… the NFL is a helluva marketing company.

Hard not to be hyped. Offense should be scary this year. Hopefully the D can just hold their own.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I see history repeating itself. Thigpen 2.0. All hype and all injuries.

This is not even close to the same level of player. You'd be better off trying to compare to Moss but he was completely washed up at that point plus the Titans roster was terrible.

Could this be a bust? Sure. You lose nothing by making a claim that this is all hype and all injury. But the Titans believe he is healthy. He had a good season last year in the games he played and only missed maybe 1 game in the prior 3 seasons? The upside is potentially tremendous at least in year 1 so why not go for it while we still have arguably the best offense we've ever seen fielded for the Titans?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I see history repeating itself. Thigpen 2.0. All hype and all injuries.
I still rock my Thigpen Jersey with pride. Also Carl Pickens comes to mind. This feels different though. Fisher was a close to the best run first guy and Vrable likes to air it out to open holes for King Henry

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I still rock my Thigpen Jersey with pride. Also Carl Pickens comes to mind. This feels different though. Fisher was a close to the best run first guy and Vrable likes to air it out to open holes for King Henry
Looks pretty much the same to me. Hopefully proves me wrong but nothing about it feels that much different than a bigger name.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Normally I agree with this sentiment but Oakland is refusing to work with the A’s who are willing to pay for the Stadium. Whereas in the Predators situation Baldy refused to work with the city of Nashville and had already moved the team in his mind. When a city refuses to work with a team and says that awful Coliseum is fine when they had to remove sewage from the locker room one time.

That is what you get for building a stadium whose field level is 20 feet below sea level.

If there is any plumbing failure, it begins filling up with some kind of water.

I am pretty sure that the sewage issue happened more than once.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Booked my flights this morning...heading out to Omaha tomorrow evening to catch Mississippi State vs whoever on Friday in the College World Series

Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So an all SEC CWS final.... Vandy advances by forfeit but I'm guessing they would have won anyway...

Hope @jumb0 doesnt forget his picks for NPPG final... that Friday game he was going to lasted until 2AM...

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Now for something completely different. Final hole at the PDGA Pro Worlds yesterday in Utah. The player in the lead (Paul McBeth) with one hole to go has a $10,000,000 ten year contract with his top sponsor alone. Take time to watch the entire final hole. If this does not make ESPN Sportscenter's #1 of the week something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->