It's finally happening! Amsterdam will be a zoo on Sunday:partytime:
Wish I could be there:(

euro_fixtures.jpg

Reactions: LeHab

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
As of right now, Guerrero Jr leads the MLB in both home runs and RBI. Third in the league in batting average.

Surely stinking up the joint tonight though. Only 3 for 3 with a single, double, HR and a walk so far. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Karma Police

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
As of right now, Guerrero Jr leads the MLB in both home runs and RBI. Third in the league in batting average.

Surely stinking up the joint tonight though. Only 3 for 3 with a single, double, HR and a walk so far. :sarcasm:

Triple crown numbers at 22 lol, it's just scary
Even his dad didnt break out til 23

Wonder if Jr sets a new family mark for HRs as soon as this season, The Impaler topped out at 45

What's eery tho is Vlad sr used to bat 330 ALL the time it seemed and his son is right there with him lol

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Vladdy jr smokes his 20th home run of the season.
Just quickly checking offensive statistics he is currently first in the AL in:
  • Home runs
  • Runs batted in
  • Batting average
  • Total bases
  • On base percentage
  • Slugging percentage
  • OPS (obviously)

And the most important category IMO - Wins above replacement

He's top five in the entire MLB in almost every offensive statistic I can think of.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

this may be the worst play I've ever seen by an MLB defense.

That first baseman forgot his brain in the locker room for sure. He was what 2 feet away from the base when he started running. Like man that's the kind of play you would expect in tee-ball. [edit] all this with 2 outs un-freaking-believable.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There were 2 outs to boot. All 1B had to do was touch 1st base.

Yeah 2 outs makes it even worse but even with less than 2 outs it's still bad. When the 3rd baseman threw the ball the runner was not even at the 3rd base yet. He had more than enough time to touch 1st base and throw the ball to the catcher. That would not have been a close call at all with less than 2 outs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Félix Auger-Aliassime advances to the Round of 16 of the Noventi Open in Halle, Germany. And he will face Federer. The first time the kid faces the king.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Félix Auger-Aliasime just beat Federer in the Round of 16 of the Halle Open.

Obviously Federer is coming back from a big injury so he's slowly working out the kinks and rust for Wimbledon. But nevertheless, impressive by Félix. Federer won the first set, but Auger-Aliassime won the next two sets for the win.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
US Open starts tomorrow, some interesting names and odds:

Viktor Hovland +2500
Jason Kokrak +6000
Abraham Ancer +6600
Sam Burns +8000
Ryan Palmer +15000

Big name-wise I think we see good showings out of Rory, Schauffele, Koepka and Cantlay. Justin Thomas has been cold lately and typically plays the PGA/Masters much better than the US.

Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tennis Canada:

- Shapovalov won his Round of 16 match today in London. He's off to the quarter-finals.

- Andreescu lost yesterday in her Round of 16 match in Berlin.

- Fernandez lost her Round of 16 match today in Birmingham.

- And as I already posted yesterday, Auger-Aliassime won his Round of 16 match against Federer yesterday in Halle.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
US Open starts tomorrow, some interesting names and odds:

Viktor Hovland +2500
Jason Kokrak +6000
Abraham Ancer +6600
Sam Burns +8000
Ryan Palmer +15000

Big name-wise I think we see good showings out of Rory, Schauffele, Koepka and Cantlay. Justin Thomas has been cold lately and typically plays the PGA/Masters much better than the US.

Not a fan of the venue,just hope they make it difficult and challenging.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Agreed. Torrey isn't the sexiest course but I do get why the USGA likes playing there. Long, straightforward golf that tests ball striking is their MO.

So saw a wee bit and it's got some nasty rough. Unfortunately IT does rain in southern California unlike that song claims, and that might makes thing a tad easier.

Reactions: covfefe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad