OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Don't forget tonight's NCAA Championship game between Alabama Crimson Tide and Ohio State Buckeyes.

Promises to be a good one. Go Tide.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Any golfers? English won the Sentry Tournament of Champions yesterday. I know golf isn't exactly frantic and high paced, but I picked up the game last year thanks to our good friend #19, covid-19 that is, and while I'm relatively new to watching also, it was pretty exciting when they went to sudden death.

On another sport note, my Raptors lost again...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Any golfers? English won the Sentry Tournament of Champions yesterday. I know golf isn't exactly frantic and high paced, but I picked up the game last year thanks to our good friend #19, covid-19 that is, and while I'm relatively new to watching also, it was pretty exciting when they went to sudden death.

On another sport note, my Raptors lost again...
I tried my hand at it quite a few times but I'm absolutely terrible at it :ha: Several of my collegues are golfers and I get invited all the time, I even got my own clubs a few years back ( I'm lefthanded so I couldnt borrow from any of my collegues) . I REALLY wish I could be decent at it !
Also, tell your Raptors to stop being prissy little jump shooters and start going to the rim again, they've gotten super soft.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I tried my hand at it quite a few times but I'm absolutely terrible at it :ha: Several of my collegues are golfers and I get invited all the time, I even got my own clubs a few years back ( I'm lefthanded so I couldnt borrow from any of my collegues) . I REALLY wish I could be decent at it !
Also, tell your Raptors to stop being prissy little jump shooters and start going to the rim again, they've gotten super soft.

LOLOL!!! YES!!!! Those constant attempts at 3's has been driving me crazy. I mean, if you got the shot, go for it, but don't force it. They really need to fight in the paint more. Problem though is the same as the Habs of the recent past... Raptors are too small.

As for golf, it's become my favorite hobby in just one year. I love it, but I suck also, lol. That said, I must have played maybe 20 rounds last year, and I started only in August. I broke 110, and my friends who mid-handicappers (typically score between 80-90), told me that <110 for a first year player is apparently good. I'm not gifted or anything but I think playing hockey and baseball my whole life has helped with my hip rotation.

I hope I can be a consistent <110 this coming season and my goal is to break 100.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Don't forget tonight's NCAA Championship game between Alabama Crimson Tide and Ohio State Buckeyes.

Promises to be a good one. Go Tide.
Bama is going to win, but I hate Saban so much. So go OSU

Reactions: peate

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Last Great mountaineering challenge has been achieved by Nepalese Sherpa climbers - K2 winter summit climb.

Now get back safely.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last Great mountaineering challenge has been achieved by Nepalese Sherpa climbers - K2 winter summit climb.

Now get back safely.

No kidding, they did it — that’s probably the only place that’s Covid-free. :sarcasm:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
GB-BUF-KC-NO, by the by :naughty:
L9LHMKUHp0Kx--JXw2zLIbOJifWmSwEg6Qk1sOY6kHycsF2LGMf9292m2gW2Eoi0gzce9x2S1CHlpVNNaSJztI9-t5DnxGbPvKdoZJNUQzeV5pRItNCtGLUdCzOn90fo0g

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
First playoff game of the week-end LA rams vs Green Bay Packers.

Pack should take this without too much trouble.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Still, I expected the Packers to have some difficulties but they keep advancing the ball with ease.
LAR have lost their best defensive (in the entire NFL) player and their best offensive one. Of course they're a shell of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad