OT: The Other Sports Thread Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Astros home run top of the 18th, 1-0. It's the Longest scoreless game in MLB post season history.

All those people who had been standing up for the last 10 innings will finally be able to rest their legs

Reactions: peate

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
i'm f***ing crying right now. this is the best. GO PADRES!
:pcheer::cheer::dumbo::walrus:

YOu deserve nothing less! - an exquisit creation.:laugh:

I want HOU-NYY for the AL. I don't want NL until the World Series, but SD would be cool.

If it's somehow PHI-CLE 🤮

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Boy am I looking dumb with my '' all favorites win'' prediction :laugh: I'm actually happy to be wrong though, it makes for more interesting matchups. Too bad Seattle couldn't bump the Astros out, it would have been even better.

Reactions: Redux91

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
My friend is a Guardians fan. I've been pulling for Cleveland vs SD for years.
You must also be a Pirates, Lions, Clippers fan. :)

Boy am I looking dumb with my '' all favorites win'' prediction :laugh: I'm actually happy to be wrong though, it makes for more interesting matchups. Too bad Seattle couldn't bump the Astros out, it would have been even better.
I want Astros Yanks next series. Purely for the entertainment value. That will be the best series of these playoffs considering how things have gone so far.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I want Astros Yanks next series. Purely for the entertainment value. That will be the best series of these playoffs considering how things have gone so far.
I'm kinda done with the Astros honestly, I think I've seen too much of them in the last 5 years. It's not quite turn the channel levels of heat yet but i'd rather watch another team play.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'm kinda done with the Astros honestly, I think I've seen too much of them in the last 5 years. It's not quite turn the channel levels of heat yet but i'd rather watch another team play.
See, im exectly the opposite. I'd love nothing more than Golden State win 10 in a row, Tampa 5 in arrow, etc.

Bob McCown said it one and I realized how much he was right (IMO).

You will only remember the greatness as all else fades away eventually. That's my case for sure. I want to witness rare cases of utter dominance. Team does not matter at all (well, with the exception of diseased pigeons of course)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The Big Blue looks very competitive this season finally and i will miss their entire second half. 😭 😢 🥶

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

They are slowly proving they did not need to steal sign though. It's crazy when you think about it that such a good team felt like they needed to cheat to win.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
You must also be a Pirates, Lions, Clippers fan. :)

Believe it or not, I'm a Jets' fan :laugh:

They won today, though! 4-2 record.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Baseball playoffs I feel are the absolute worst. Play 162 games to have your fate decided in 3-5 game series. Their playoff format is easily the worst in all of sports imo.
I've always hated single knockout (except for international tournaments), 3 and 5 game series. If you lose in a 7 game series, you absolutely deserved to lose. There's no flukes there.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Baseball playoffs I feel are the absolute worst. Play 162 games to have your fate decided in 3-5 game series. Their playoff format is easily the worst in all of sports imo.

I can't remember the last time I watched a full mlb game in the last couple decades, other than the time I went to a playoff game at Yankee stadium.

But when I did used to watch the product a little bit more, it was the playoffs that reeled me in. I'm open to all series being best of 7, but more than that, the 160 plus game season is just creating more boredom out of an already very slow sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad