Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
licensed-image

While we're at it:

20210803_144811.jpg

Tentoglou won the gold medal in the long jump. And he won it on his final jump.

And here he is not believing he won it. He was asking his coaches if it was true.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was watching the women's 10K swimming marathon. I had to change the channel because I was in absolute pain watching them.

Those are incredible athletes. They were swimming for 45 minutes and they were still in Lap 3 of 7.

I would have drowned 3 minutes into that race.

Reactions: LaP and Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I was watching the women's 10K swimming marathon. I had to change the channel because I was in absolute pain watching them.

Those are incredible athletes. They were swimming for 45 minutes and they were still in Lap 3 of 7.

I could not believe people can swim for 2 hours straight like that lol, everytime I tuned back in I'm like HOW are they doing this lol
That was nuts

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I could not believe people can swim for 2 hours straight like that lol, everytime I tuned back in I'm like HOW are they doing this lol
That was nuts

Yea. It's crazy how long they go for.

And then they have the bottles lowered to them from the long poles. And they grab them and swim backwards so they can drink, then turn around and keep swimming.

It's crazy to think about the marathon runners and how long they go for. But I can't imagine swimming for that long.

Reactions: Redux91

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Yea. It's crazy how long they go for.

And then they have the bottles lowered to them from the long poles. And they grab them and swim backwards so they can drink, then turn around and keep swimming.

It's crazy to think about the marathon runners and how long they go for. But I can't imagine swimming for that long.
Traversée internationale du lac St-Jean

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Greece is off to the Semi-Final in Men's Water Polo. They beat Montenegro 10-4 in the Quarter-Final.

They will play the winner of Hungary vs. Croatia.

Reactions: angusyoung

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Greece is off to the Semi-Final in Men's Water Polo. They beat Montenegro 10-4 in the Quarter-Final.

They will play the winner of Hungary vs. Croatia.
It's kinda crazy how the elite of this discipline is condensed into one region of the planet.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's kinda crazy how the elite of this discipline is condensed into one region of the planet.

Yea.

Here are the four Quarter-Final match-ups at the Olympics for the men:

Greece vs. Montenegro
Hungary vs. Croatia
Italy vs. Serbia
Spain vs. USA

Only the States are not from Europe. And they were eliminated by Spain. So the Final Four will be all European.

Spain vs. Winner of Italy/Serbia
Greece vs. Winner of Hungary/Croatia

The Women's Water Polo was a little more diverse. Their Quarter-Finals were:

Spain vs. China
Hungary vs. Netherlands
ROC vs. Australia
USA vs. Canada

The semi-finals will be:
Spain vs. Hungary
ROC vs. USA

So the Women's semis are also 3/4 European teams. But at least their Quarter-Finals had countries from various parts of the world.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yea.

Here are the four Quarter-Final match-ups at the Olympics for the men:

Greece vs. Montenegro
Hungary vs. Croatia
Italy vs. Serbia
Spain vs. USA

Only the States are not from Europe. And they were eliminated by Spain. So the Final Four will be all European.

Spain vs. Winner of Italy/Serbia
Greece vs. Winner of Hungary/Croatia

The Women's Water Polo was a little more diverse. Their Quarter-Finals were:

Spain vs. China
Hungary vs. Netherlands
ROC vs. Australia
USA vs. Canada

The semi-finals will be:
Spain vs. Hungary
ROC vs. USA

So the Women's semis are also 3/4 European teams. But at least their Quarter-Finals had countries from various parts of the world.
I adore WaterPolo it's such a grueling/tough sport that requires elite physical shape and abilities! It's sad that it doesn't get enough global recognition...

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
While we're at it:

View attachment 459152

Tentoglou won the gold medal in the long jump. And he won it on his final jump.

And here he is not believing he won it. He was asking his coaches if it was true.

I could swear I heard him say ''sopa reh'':dunno:

Glad for him, my Greek friends have had little to cheer about these Olympics,unlike my Kiwi buddy pointing at the medal count.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Hope this doesn't sound too Pierre Mcguire-ish and gets misconstrued. Gonna try to make a comparison that is more relatable to most. Young healthy individuals that habitually walk a round of golf on a flat course and use a pull cart, after the round you're still fine and can keep going. Same as a person that skates at their leisurely pace,you can do the Rideau canal both ways and it's nothing. Yes it takes time to evolve to that level of endurance and stamina,but with endless hours of swimming,you find your natural pace and can swim forever and not really get exhausted. You can even give spurts during and return to your''normal'' pace and recover and get ready to spurt again. When you sprint in swimming,you're giving all you got in that moment with nothing left when you finish. I still swim almost everyday whether it's in the pool or the sea and if in the pool and just doing laps,can go on forever and not even feel tired.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I adore WaterPolo it's such a grueling/tough sport that requires elite physical shape and abilities! It's sad that it doesn't get enough global recognition...

Yes it's a very tough sport to play,very taxing, and it should be more popular as should underwater hockey,very demanding but both great fun to play. imo

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I could swear I heard him say ''sopa reh'':dunno:

Glad for him, my Greek friends have had little to cheer about these Olympics,unlike my Kiwi buddy pointing at the medal count.

When his coach and the whole group was telling him he won and he wasn't sure, you hear him ask a few times "αλήθεια;"

Listen to the 50 second mark:

Which for the non-Greeks, he was asking "is it true?"

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
When his coach and the whole group was telling him he won and he wasn't sure, you hear him ask a few times "αλήθεια;"

Listen to the 50 second mark:

Which for the non-Greeks, he was asking "is it true?"

Can barely hear him. At the 28 second is when I thought I heard him with the sopa:dunno:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I was watching the platform diving and that young Chinese girl, looks like she's 10, well that was her score for 2 dives. all judges gave her 10's. Never saw that before. She was flawless, her entry barely made a splash, impressive.,

Reactions: ArtPeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad