OT: The Other Sports Thread Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lolol 3 on 3 basketball, skateboarding..it's like then went to a schoolyard for ideas. Next they will add building sand castles.

I wonder how they decide which events to include. Do they have beach soccer or futsal as Olympic events? You'd think they would want to add hybrid soccer events before looking at hybrid basketball.

I'm also surprised they didn't have skateboarding events in there sooner. We have seen the Olympics incorporate some x games kind of events over the last several years, but I feel like the winter version has done it the most.

Cricket is probably the biggest international sport missing in the summer Olympics. I'm not too familiar with the sport, but I assume the matches are probably too long, although there is a condensed version of the game that is growing in popularity. Im not sure if the condensed version is still too long though.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I wonder if the proper promoting / integration culturally of field hockey could make Canada a powerhouse at it.

But f*** those sticks. I don't see anything good I could do with them. SHERWOODS! MAKE USE OF 'EM!

I get a sore back just watching it. Those sticks are so small.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Tokyo looking beautiful! Makes me miss it and the mrs more:(
Well at least I can still go and see the original spot:thumbu:
images

images

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
The real Olympics start when the track and field start. There are so many ridiculous sports and some have too many medals. Like Swimming, 50 100, 200, 400 and 1,500 just for freestyle.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The real Olympics start when the track and field start. There are so many ridiculous sports and some have too many medals. Like Swimming, 50 100, 200, 400 and 1,500 just for freestyle.

Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of some?/most? of the events:rant:

Hey everybody,watch me prance around with a friggin ribbon:pullhair:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
The references to CM Punk have started on AEW Dynamite tonight.

Darby Allin more or less challenged him by saying he wanted to fight the best in the world in Chicago.

MJF called back to his famous Pipe Bomb promo by lifting the first line of it while adressing Chris Jericho.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
This will never happen.

How about Pro Wrestling as a judged / artistic Olympic sport?

Two guys from the same country have a match that is then judged on its technical merit, psychology, etc.

Have a singles and tag team division for both genders!

Who do you see going? Here's my Team Canada.

Team Canada: Omega, Jericho, Owens & Zayn, Grayson & Uno, Natalya, Chelsea Green, LuFisto & Allie, Taya Valkyrie & give me Nicole Matthews, she's used to tag-teaming, shame her old partner is retired.

I think Canada would win gold in Men's Tag Team. Four Quebec boys bringing it home! Our girls would get blasted into orbit by the US, Japan and Australia though. Probably by Mexico too.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
The references to CM Punk have started on AEW Dynamite tonight.

Darby Allin more or less challenged him by saying he wanted to fight the best in the world in Chicago.

MJF called back to his famous Pipe Bomb promo by lifting the first line of it while adressing Chris Jericho.
Surprised to see some wrestling talk in this thread! AEW has been on fire.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
How you doing Per? Surviving the heat OK?

Actually if I was religious I would call it hell. We are supposed to get over 100 on Friday. Fortunately my 791 dollar investment in a portable AC that won several best AC reviews and in fact it was never more than 74 degrees in the kitchen and about 70 in the bedroom. It is one that I can tell Google Assistant to turn off and it is also energy efficient compared to my old. I got electricity bills of around $150 last year, this time it was $108 and I basically ran it 24/7 since this summer is so much hotter. Then of course I follow my bears eating salmon at Katmai National Park Alaska.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Penny Oleksiak broke a Canadian record at the 100m free style and still finished 4th. In 2016 she won gold at that event. Her 1st place time in 2016 would have been 6th this year. The final was very fast.

7th medal and history will have to wait for her.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad