OT: The Other Sports Thread Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
I’m boycotting the Olympics and smoking weed instead in honour of Sha’Carri Richardson.
Yeah that was crap. I don't smoke marijuana (I've just never really been interested) but come on. If she had used a performance enhancing drug to get an advantage? Yeah, I get why she would be held out of the Olympics but if anything smoking marijuana hurt her more than it helped. When she was interviewed about it she said her mom recently died and she was smoking because it helped her cope with it.

To me, marijuana is not much different than alcohol. If anything it's less dangerous because to my knowledge you can't OD from smoking too much but you can die from alcohol poisoning. As long as you aren't driving a car or doing something else that puts you in harms way while using it I don't see the issue.

I wish they had a little more compassion here. Oh well.

Reactions: Gyfu and angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Or coming up from below the surface with a face full of makeup and smiling in synchronized swimming.

Lovely! sport?:dunno::facepalm:

200.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Canada went to Tokyo without male athletes ? :sarcasm:

Thanks to the females for the medals.

Well the other night I walked in and a few of the gang was watching some Olympics and I asked what's going on and asked who's playing and they told me and not paying attention and had to look again and ask if it was men or women. Took way longer that it should have to figure out:nod:

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Actually if I was religious I would call it hell. We are supposed to get over 100 on Friday. Fortunately my 791 dollar investment in a portable AC that won several best AC reviews and in fact it was never more than 74 degrees in the kitchen and about 70 in the bedroom. It is one that I can tell Google Assistant to turn off and it is also energy efficient compared to my old. I got electricity bills of around $150 last year, this time it was $108 and I basically ran it 24/7 since this summer is so much hotter. Then of course I follow my bears eating salmon at Katmai National Park Alaska.

It's not the heat, it's the humidity! nothing worse that being stuck in a hot humid box,well......not sure if that would be literally or figuratively speaking:huh:

I remember years ago seeing a show on tv where people relocate to central america or the Caribbean and they have no issues with no air conditioning as the breeze is great,ya sure,that breeze is a constant minimum 28 c and humidity levels of 85% fun!

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
As an American former men's college soccer player I was thrilled that the Canadian women stepped up and put the USWNT down. I can't stand our women's national soccer team right now so I'm extremely pleased about this. Way to go Canada!!!!!!!

Payback for what happened in London 2012 :o

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Where would Canada be without their women? :sarcasm:

I'm hoping for a gold in soccer now

Cannot believe they pulled off that upset vs the USWNT, god im PUMPED

im so SICK of that american soccer team my f***ing god lol, it was about time someone took them down a peg, and its US of all countries that does it, god im thrilled for the girls lol

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Cannot believe they pulled off that upset vs the USWNT, god im PUMPED

im so SICK of that american soccer team my f***ing god lol, it was about time someone took them down a peg, and its US of all countries that does it, god im thrilled for the girls lol
See it's odd because as an American I'm sick of them as well. The USWNT acts like they are on par with some of the European men's clubs and they could compete with them yet they got beat by an Under 15 boys team from Dallas, Texas.

I'm glad for Canada's girls because to my knowledge they don't act like self-righteous jerks the way our American girls do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Payback for what happened in London 2012 :o
Honestly I don't remember disliking our women's team back then. That was back when they just played soccer like the men do.

Once they started crapping on our men's team and acting like the women's game was just as good, if not better than the men's, that's when they lost me. To act like the women's viewership and revenues are the same, similar, or even better than the men is hilarious. It's like saying American men love watching the WNBA just like the NBA lol.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today is NBA's free agency.

Kyle Lowry is off to Miami. I think it's a sign and trade so Toronto gets something in return.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chris Paul, who was rumored that he may leave Phoenix and one possible destination was he was going to join his friend LeBron in LA, will end up staying with Phoenix. 4 years $120M.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Honestly I don't remember disliking our women's team back then. That was back when they just played soccer like the men do.

Once they started crapping on our men's team and acting like the women's game was just as good, if not better than the men's, that's when they lost me. To act like the women's viewership and revenues are the same, similar, or even better than the men is hilarious. It's like saying American men love watching the WNBA just like the NBA lol.
They need more Rose Lavelle types and less Megans.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DeGrasse and Aaron Brown off to the 200m final. Both won their semi races.

DeGrasse ran it in 19.79, breaking the Canadian record in the 200m. And he eased up in the end. Guy's got what it takes to take the gold.

But the American Erriyon Knighton was just brilliant at only 17 years old, winning his semi race with ease.

Knighton has already broken Bolt's Junior Record. He looks like he'll be the next guy.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
DeGrasse and Aaron Brown off to the 200m final. Both won their semi races.

DeGrasse ran it in 19.79, breaking the Canadian record in the 200m. And he eased up in the end. Guy's got what it takes to take the gold.

But the American Erriyon Knighton was just brilliant at only 17 years old, winning his semi race with ease.

Knighton has already broken Bolt's Junior Record. He looks like he'll be the next guy.
I was laughing yesterday when people were commenting and De Grasse time in the QF, those guys are not going to go 100% until the gold medal race

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was laughing yesterday when people were commenting and De Grasse time in the QF, those guys are not going to go 100% until the gold medal race

Exactly. DeGrasse also has a knack of stepping his game up at the right time. He's proven it every time.

Even in the 100m, he went to the Olympics with not good times in the lead up. So everyone was wondering if he was going to get it done.

He went on to win bronze and ran a personal best.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jamaican Elaine Thompson-Herah won gold in the Women's 100m the other day. She just won gold in the Women's 200m.

In a class of her own. She won gold in both the 100m and 200m in Rio in 2016 and now won both again in Tokyo 2020.

She is the first woman to successfully defend her title in both races at the Olympics.

But the 18 year old from Namibia, Christine Mboma, gets silver. She was 4th or 5th in the last 30 meters or so, but she turned on the afterburners and got second place.

I love that the next generation is stepping up and putting everyone on notice. These teenagers will be the ones we will be watching and be amazed by in the next round of summer Olympic Games.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Not sure what that has to do the the Hungarian grand prix and formula 1, but nice to finally see a Swede at the Olympics, thought maybe they were not participating this time;) Guess this one is a male participant? so difficult to discern at some events:huh: One would think it would be obvious with the powerful zoom lenses that are so close and invasive to the point I can see what they had for breakfast!!:eek:
I hope that the athletes captured in the compromising positions have given their consent to share such lurid and contemptible images of themselves:skeptic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad