Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Yes, sir!

The CoVimpics are here.

Canada VS the US in a riveting competition of... Softball! Certainly we've also sent a Baseball team?

WE DIDN'T?

But Israel did. Oh well.

Only 6 Olympic teams in Baseball, so few.

Reactions: dinodebino

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I guess I've never noticed that in Softball the diamond was smaller.

Playing between innings: "Heaven Is A Place On Earth". Maybe it was super popular over there?

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
The International Judo Federation promotes the Olympic Judo competition with a map in Minceraft, promoting judo values they say.

Neat. We have a medal hopeful in judo apparently, Jessica Kilmkait. The Refugee Olympic Team also qualified for the Judo Team Competition, only one of 8 delegations to do so, would be awesome if they medalled. I'll have to look at what athletes constitute this Refugee team.

EDIT: They could have called them Victims Of ISIS, damn. I think half of the Syrian olympic team is on here.

Also, one of them was in the news, judoka Javadd Mahjoud from Iran, who left his country after being forced to throw matches or withdraw so that he wouldn't fight Israelis. Now living and training in Canada... I thought this was for people that lived in actual refugee camps, this guy should be fighting for Canada now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
When does the real Olympics start? I mean wrestling! :) Actually I meant Track and Field.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Opening ceremony is in, what, 6-7 hours from now and then it all starts officially.

I BELIEVE all the Canadians in Rowing qualified for the next round. Not sure how Archery works.

There's already been some Soccer, Softball, Rowing, Archery.

No audience means it's really really quiet. Not that Japanese audience are loud anyway, but I mean you hear everything. Including the occasional Italian motherf***ing his teammate for rowing wrong or not fast enough or whatever. It was LOUD, he must have done it right next a mic. Or maybe he was cheering for him, but it sounded angry.

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I guess I've never noticed that in Softball the diamond was smaller.

Playing between innings: "Heaven Is A Place On Earth". Maybe it was super popular over there?

Yup! shorter distance between bases and the fence is closer also.

Never heard it there, but wasn't exactly going to places where it would be heard either BTW.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The International Judo Federation promotes the Olympic Judo competition with a map in Minceraft, promoting judo values they say.

Neat. We have a medal hopeful in judo apparently, Jessica Kilmkait. The Refugee Olympic Team also qualified for the Judo Team Competition, only one of 8 delegations to do so, would be awesome if they medalled. I'll have to look at what athletes constitute this Refugee team.

EDIT: They could have called them Victims Of ISIS, damn. I think half of the Syrian olympic team is on here.

Also, one of them was in the news, judoka Javadd Mahjoud from Iran, who left his country after being forced to throw matches or withdraw so that he wouldn't fight Israelis. Now living and training in Canada... I thought this was for people that lived in actual refugee camps, this guy should be fighting for Canada now.

We could have had two medals as Klimkait and her team mate Christa Deguchi are #1 and #2 in the world. Deguchi is also the 2019 world champion in -57k. Unfortunately for us you can only have 1 athlete in each category (Deguchi is the alternate).

Antoine Valois-Fortier (bronze medal winner in 2012) will also have a chance to win a medal and maybe Shady El-Nahas.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
7IeK2CF.png

This was somehow called a strikeout.

Robot umps would make baseball 1000% more enjoyable.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Apparently skateboarding is an Olympic sport. Lolol awful.

Do you also think snowboarding in the winter games in awful? Because I don't see much difference. I'm fine with these new age disciplines personally, society evolves and a lot of younger people are interested in these sports. Same for surfing and climbing. I mean horse riding is an Olympic sport after all so why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad