OT: The OT Non-Ski Resort - Xbox One Pity Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
My team won our elimination game in a shootout tonight and I was legitimately crapping myself on the bench watching. Can't even imagine how nervous I'd be if they did this in the NHL...

It sucks doesn't it? Did you get to shoot?

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Anyone on the North Shore ever go to or remember the British pub on Lonsdale? It had a variety of names but I remember it as Mulleys and then Downstairs on Lonsdale. I loved that place, used to let me come in and watch the Premier games when I was in grade 7 and 8.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Lebron should finally be able to silence his critics, what a performance for his second ring. When he's able to hit those outside jumpers consistently, the heat are pretty much unbeatable on home court.

How soft is Chris Bosh? The guy should be ashamed of himself, he couldn't make a play to save his life. Not really sure Miami should be refereed to as "the big three" anymore.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I don't follow the NBA either, they're just my team if anyone asks who's my team.

I watch their highlights, even a couple whole games.

I followed their playoff run however.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
tumblr_moq6zvwidn1rqren6o1_500.jpg

:D

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Lebron should finally be able to silence his critics, what a performance for his second ring. When he's able to hit those outside jumpers consistently, the heat are pretty much unbeatable on home court.

How soft is Chris Bosh? The guy should be ashamed of himself, he couldn't make a play to save his life. Not really sure Miami should be refereed to as "the big three" anymore.

Bosh saved the Heat in Game 6, including rebounding a chucked 3 from Lebron which allowed the ball to go back to him and hit the subsequent shot in the last minute. Then of course, he rebounded another Lebron shot to let Ray Allen take the clutchest shot in a long while.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
It sucks doesn't it? Did you get to shoot?

Nah, our two automatic guys went first and both scored so the third didn't even have to shoot. I don't think the third would have been me anyway though... I had a pretty rough end to the game.

And it doesn't suck when you win. :nod:

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver

To be fair, Bosh is the only reason the Heat one game 6.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Anyone on the North Shore ever go to or remember the British pub on Lonsdale? It had a variety of names but I remember it as Mulleys and then Downstairs on Lonsdale. I loved that place, used to let me come in and watch the Premier games when I was in grade 7 and 8.

Went there a bunch in my early 20s. Was dark but served beer and the cougars were loose...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

From what I've heard. They pretty much reduced him to a roleplayer. Why is anyone's guess, but the Heat seem to be the dynamic duo and co.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
My parents live in the SE in Calgary, there house is safe from all the flooding..

My dad ripped into the city for not having proper flood planning lol

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
For anyone who lost a gift card at Futureshop and needs to get it replaced...
Here are some tips:

Tip #1:
Don't lose the gift card.
I was transferred to 4 different numbers...
And the last of which made me wait 2 hours before I finally gave up.
Even the store clerk who helped me got transferred 3 times...
And the hot line put him on hold too.

Tip #2:
Write down the number and the pin code.
You can buy something online...
Hopefully before someone uses it.

Tip #3:
Keep the receipt for the gift card.
They have the gift card number in their system...
So that will be half the battle.

Finally...
Tip #4:
Don't lose the card.
It is so much trouble.
I think I spent more than 4 to 5 hours just dealing with different phone operators and clerks.

At least I think I will be getting it replaced.
The amount is still there...
And they said they will mail it to me.
Don't know how long it will take though...
And you never know with these things.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
From what I've heard. They pretty much reduced him to a roleplayer. Why is anyone's guess, but the Heat seem to be the dynamic duo and co.

It is more the coaches' decision.
Both James and Wade are such good slashers...
They will draw a lot of defenders...
And leave teammates open for easy shots.

Plus...
Bosh really is not that great of a post player.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

It wasn't the dynamic duo - it was Lebron and everyone else. Someone else stepped up in each win - Wade, Battier, Bosh, etc.. but Lebron carried them.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Feeling a sense of accomplishment - took advantage of being home off work and wrote my first novel. Geared towards young adults, put the finishing touches on my first draft the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad