Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Continue Here.

Xbox-One-Console.jpg

xbox-one.jpg

images

More on the Xbox One: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1296739/xbox-one-specs-release-date-features-news

1234931504682.jpg

WHY CAN'T WE JUST KEEP OUR 360's?!?!

Xbox One is basically the 360 with more movie and TV features, along with ****** upgrades such as:

-Paying to play used games

-One disc per console

-No 360 games allowed

-More $$$$ in general

-Must be online once every 24 hours to play offline games

LIKE WHAT?!?!

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
On top of everything else: talk about having a horrible name from a market point of view. Going back from 360 to 1 is going to leave a lot of parents and grandparents confused when they're trying to buy one as a gift. But not to fret, right next to it is the clear upgrade from PS3 in PS4...

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
On top of everything else: talk about having a horrible name from a market point of view. Going back from 360 to 1 is going to leave a lot of parents and grandparents confused when they're trying to buy one as a gift. But not to fret, right next to it is the clear upgrade from PS3 in PS4...

"Grammy! Did you buy me the X-Box 1 for my birthday?"

"Even better deary... we found this Playstation 2 at a garage sale!; we bought you some socks and underwear with the money we saved".

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
"Grammy! Did you buy me the X-Box 1 for my birthday?"

"Even better deary... we found this Playstation 2 at a garage sale!; we bought you some socks and underwear with the money we saved".

Or she could end up buying the original xbox :laugh:

I cannot name one Justin Bieber song. I am truly blessed.

The only one I kind of know is that "baby" song (I don't even know if that's the title)

Dado

XBox One looks great. Looking forward to getting one. Might wait until after PS4, depending on game launch schedule.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't get all the Xbox One complaints. Sounds like some good features and hopefully within a couple years I won't need a cable plan. I'm personally looking forward to it.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I don't get all the Xbox One complaints. Sounds like some good features and hopefully within a couple years I won't need a cable plan. I'm personally looking forward to it.

A lot of the xbox one features don't appeal to me at all.

- I already have a $300 HD DVR box thing which the xbox wont replace any time soon. I'm not too lazy to use my remote to change the input to watch TV (which takes seconds). I don't watch many movies either.
- You have to have the kinect plugged in to use the xbox, which takes up space and could inadvertently run commands when you say something like "I don't like to WATCH NBC" since it's always listening.
- If you're without internet for a few days (for whatever reason), you cant play ANY games since it requires you to connect to the internet once every 24 hours.
- All the games I've purchased (hard copy and via xbox live) are unplayable on this new system.
- If for whatever reason your account gets banned/locked, all your games become worthless because they are tied to that account. If you try using another account, you'll have to pay almost the full retail price to play it again.
- 3 of the 8 GB of RAM are dedicated to the OS (which runs things I don't care about at all, which I've mentioned already).

I would just prefer a system that focused on playing games, which is why I'm probably switching over to the PS4.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Epoch: I seriously hope you don't think someone can't make room for working out and also playing videogames. And I find it really weird that you needed to quit gaming before you realized there was something called a "gym" that people use to stay "fit".

StringerBell: Agreed that gaming can be repetitive, but that's when it's up to the consumer to branch out and try different kinds of games. If you're buying the same EA Sports games every single year, or the same First Person Shooters every single year, then yeah obviously that's going to get boring pretty fast.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Epoch: I seriously hope you don't think someone can't make room for working out and also playing videogames. And I find it really weird that you needed to quit gaming before you realized there was something called a "gym" that people use to stay "fit".

This, for me anyways, gaming doesn't take up my exercising/school/social activities but rather is an alternative for watching TV/Movies

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
A lot of the xbox one features don't appeal to me at all.

- I already have a $300 HD DVR box thing which the xbox wont replace any time soon. I'm not too lazy to use my remote to change the input to watch TV (which takes seconds). I don't watch many movies either.
- You have to have the kinect plugged in to use the xbox, which takes up space and could inadvertently run commands when you say something like "I don't like to WATCH NBC" since it's always listening.
- If you're without internet for a few days (for whatever reason), you cant play ANY games since it requires you to connect to the internet once every 24 hours.
- All the games I've purchased (hard copy and via xbox live) are unplayable on this new system.
- If for whatever reason your account gets banned/locked, all your games become worthless because they are tied to that account. If you try using another account, you'll have to pay almost the full retail price to play it again.
- 3 of the 8 GB of RAM are dedicated to the OS (which runs things I don't care about at all, which I've mentioned already).

I would just prefer a system that focused on playing games, which is why I'm probably switching over to the PS4.

1) a) I don't have a DVR, so this will be a nice function for me, at least. b) As an owner of many remotes, I welcome this function, it's little things like this that might not seem big, but in the long run I'll appreciate.

2) That is false, you can still operate the console with the controller, in typical 360 fashion.

3) The connection is for updating only. All downloaded and hard copy content will be playable offline. Things like social networking, youtube app, online multi, etc. won't update for you when you're offline obviously.

4) Microsoft is really good with recovering accounts. If you're smart, you will use their security features in the first place, if your account means so much to you.

5) 360 has less than 1 gig of ram, 5 Gigs > 1 Gig.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
2) That is false, you can still operate the console with the controller, in typical 360 fashion.

3) The connection is for updating only. All downloaded and hard copy content will be playable offline. Things like social networking, youtube app, online multi, etc. won't update for you when you're offline obviously.

No, the kinect has to be plugged in at all times for the xbox to work. And since it is plugged in while you're playing, it will always be listening.

Also, I read on multiple sites that it isn't just for updating. Even if you want to play a singleplayer game offline, you still need to connect once every 24 hours.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
No, the kinect has to be plugged in at all times for the xbox to work. And since it is plugged in while you're playing, it will always be listening.

Also, I read on multiple sites that it isn't just for updating. Even if you want to play a singleplayer game offline, you still need to connect once every 24 hours.

What are you doing here?

Why aren't you partying with the rest of us in the AV thread?

There's cake and snacks... careful though, I think someone spiked the punch.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

On the current Kinect it can be plugged in with the sound sensor off, so I'm sure there will some sort of option.

And that's kind of my main point - you are complaining about many things that either aren't confirmed or you don't know all of the details on. I will be shocked if there is no way to play the system without an Internet connection every 24 hours. And you don't think they will have tech support to deal with your account if it has issues?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
On the current Kinect it can be plugged in with the sound sensor off, so I'm sure there will some sort of option.

And that's kind of my main point - you are complaining about many things that either aren't confirmed or you don't know all of the details on. I will be shocked if there is no way to play the system without an Internet connection every 24 hours. And you don't think they will have tech support to deal with your account if it has issues?

So since we don't know everything, we cant discuss/speculate things? I guess no one should talk about the PS4 and Xbox one at all. :sarcasm:

And my point was mostly that I hate that game disks are tied to an account. I hate it. If your disk breaks or gets scratched beyond repair, you have to pay the full price for a new disk instead of partial price for a used copy.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So since we don't know everything, we cant discuss/speculate things? I guess no one should talk about the PS4 and Xbox one at all. :sarcasm:

And my point was mostly that I hate that game disks are tied to an account. I hate it. If your disk breaks or gets scratched beyond repair, you have to pay the full price for a new disk instead of partial price for a used copy.

It's worth discussing for sure, I just think people in general are freaking out before details emerge. Plus I'm sure they are reading all of the backlash and will respond according before it's released. Any software issues they can adjust later anyway.

But the whole discs tied to accounts could be bad. Sounds like they are trying to kill off the used game market, which I am fine with if new games are cheaper. Don't know if that will be the case, though..

I am assuming it will transition away from discs and into more direct downloads at some point anyway , but that cost savings better make it's way down to the customers.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
It's worth discussing for sure, I just think people in general are freaking out before details emerge. Plus I'm sure they are reading all of the backlash and will respond according before it's released. Any software issues they can adjust later anyway.

But the whole discs tied to accounts could be bad. Sounds like they are trying to kill off the used game market, which I am fine with if new games are cheaper. Don't know if that will be the case, though..

I am assuming it will transition away from discs and into more direct downloads at some point anyway , but that cost savings better make it's way down to the customers.

Also, I doubt everything is set in stone yet. If there is a huge backlash to some of the features, they could remove/alter them to make customers happy. Heck, they could even change it a year or two after the system is released (with a huge system update) if sales are poor.

All I'm saying is that from what I've read, I am not interested in buying an xbox one any time in the near future.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I'm with Nuckles.

I don't need all these entertainment features, I just want a console that runs my video games well and allows me to connect to my buddies seemlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad