The OT Non-Ski Resort - Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well, I'm pretty ticked right now.

CcPCpqE.jpg

I spent the past week watching over this shirt on eBay because I was dead-set on winning it, and just when it looked like victory was at hand, someone massively outbid me. We're talking about the last ten seconds of the auction here.

Maybe it's not all that bad of a loss. Enjoy your $152 shirt, guy.

I wouldn't be upset about losing out on a shirt like that for $152, honestly. Much better items of the past and current you could buy for that much money. Personally, I wouldn't have bought that shirt for more then $20, if that make you feel any better about losing out on it. :laugh:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I wouldn't be upset about losing out on a shirt like that for $152, honestly. Much better items of the past and current you could buy for that much money. Personally, I wouldn't have bought that shirt for more then $20, if that make you feel any better about losing out on it. :laugh:

I'm already laughing about it, don't worry. I've scored signed jerseys for less than that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm already laughing about it, don't worry. I've scored signed jerseys for less than that.

Signed jerseys and such is the way to go, for me anyways. Hopefully I can get my hands on one of those Millionaire jerseys the Canucks are going to wear this year. :naughty:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Surprised to learn Saddim Hussein received the keys to the city of Detroit...
No wonder nobody wants to live in Detroit.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Great episode.

Things are messed for next episode!

Some very interesting developments in this one; once again, the show is subtly (and not so subtly) drawing the parallels between Rick and the Governor.

I think my favorite moment of the episode was...

[spoil]When Rick proceeded to get Merle to shut the hell up by whacking him in the back of the head with the butt of his gun.[/spoil]

Scottrockztheworld*

When did the Grammys became so irrelevant?
At least 12 years ago, I remember one episode on The Simpsons, when Homer met Elton John, who gave him a Grammy in the very first line, and Homer promptly threw it away.

When popular music became absolute *****?

And while I'm on the topic of music:

‎50 years ago today at EMI Studios in Abbey Road The Beatles recorded their first album in 9 hours 45 minutes! Originally George Martin wanted to record it Live at the Cavern but that idea went down the drain with the budget EMI gave him & other technical problems. 8 of the 14 tracks were written by Lennon–McCartney which started off the idea of the self-contained rock band, writing their own hits and playing their own instruments. That is one of the biggest reasons I have a crazy obsession with them, kids see the music industry now-a-days but have NO clue how the Beatles really revolutionized it!

Creating something that lasts the test of time is what people should strive for, I bet we all wish we could create something that even just lasts half a century like Please Please Me has.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Some very interesting developments in this one; once again, the show is subtly (and not so subtly) drawing the parallels between Rick and the Governor.

[spoil]When Rick proceeded to get Merle to shut the hell up by whacking him in the back of the head with the butt of his gun.[/spoil]

I also thoroughly enjoyed that.

[spoil]I like how those two guys in Tyresse's(sp?) group are thinking the worst way possible. Love how he shuts them both down. Too bad Rick is losing his marbles.[/spoil]

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
To catch up real quick ITT:
1) Anyone who doesn't like poutine is the devil
2) That episode of Walking Dead was intense! Next week is going to get messy
3) The Grammy's suck
4) The Beatles are excellent, won a 5 dollar bet Yesterday that Strawberry Fields was written mainly by John Lennon, so being pretty decent at Beatles paid off...there is a joke in there somewhere about the tax man.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
To catch up real quick ITT:
1) Anyone who doesn't like poutine is the devil
2) That episode of Walking Dead was intense! Next week is going to get messy
3) The Grammy's suck
4) The Beatles are excellent, won a 5 dollar bet Yesterday that Strawberry Fields was written mainly by John Lennon, so being pretty decent at Beatles paid off...there is a joke in there somewhere about the tax man.

Rev, I thought we were friends. That hurts my pseudo-feelings. :cry:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

OMG YES! I hate that ahole.

KISSland

Jan 30, 2012
Played paintball for the first time today.

Fun, but getting hit in the fingers hurts like a *****.

Try getting hit 5 times at point blank range after throwing your hands up in the air and telling the guy you surrender. :rant::rant:

Finger would def hurt though.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It's Bell Let's Talk day.

Could you elaborate on it a little bit more?
Is it talk all day at no cost?

Btw, have you guys noticed that nowadays, if you call someone, they are kind of surprised by it?
More than once, I feel my friends being a little nervous, and jumble their words, at least initially.

Texting really destroyed the art of talking.
How can professors expect students to give out a good and coherent presentation these days?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
For those who wants to be teachers, or are teachers, to stop students from texting, try this announcement:

"Please do not text in class. I know you are doing it. No one would be smiling when they look down at their pants."

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
For those who wants to be teachers, or are teachers, to stop students from texting, try this announcement:

"Please do not text in class. I know you are doing it. No one would be smiling when they look down at their pants."

Even when I'm not texting, I smile at my crotch. Judge me. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad