Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Community-is-Back.jpg

Continue our banter here.

(Date is wrong, but the poster is awesome)

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
In regards to the question about ticket prices in other sports, NHL is not alone.

In the NBA, the struggling markets, like Detroit, had to give away tickets, and even then people won't come.

Baseball tickets, on a weekday in the middle of the season, had always been cheap.
I have heard that you can go to a game for less than $10 in some cases.
They always have attendance problems, so they have a lot of giveaways and promotions.
People come to expect these promotions, to be honest.

You will never find attendance problem in the NFL.
People there are diehard fans.
Plus, they only play once a week, and the season, including preseason, is only from August to early February.
A lot of cities will kill to have a NFL team.
The only team that is struggling is Jacksonville, but even then, they are mostly at 70 to 80% capacity, maybe even higher.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
In regards to the question about ticket prices in other sports, NHL is not alone.

In the NBA, the struggling markets, like Detroit, had to give away tickets, and even then people won't come.

Baseball tickets, on a weekday in the middle of the season, had always been cheap.
I have heard that you can go to a game for less than $10 in some cases.
They always have attendance problems, so they have a lot of giveaways and promotions.
People come to expect these promotions, to be honest.

You will never find attendance problem in the NFL.
People there are diehard fans.
Plus, they only play once a week, and the season, including preseason, is only from August to early February.
A lot of cities will kill to have a NFL team.
The only team that is struggling is Jacksonville, but even then, they are mostly at 70 to 80% capacity, maybe even higher.

Thanks for the input... whatever your name is.

Yeah, I'm not surprised about Detroit. You can probably buy a starter house there for the price of Red Wings season tickets. ;)

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Thanks for the input... whatever your name is.

Yeah, I'm not surprised about Detroit. You can probably buy a starter house there for the price of Red Wings season tickets. ;)

Who wants to live in Detroit?
Famous people from Detroit moves away from Detroit in order to be famous.

I will add that the reason you hear less about teams moving in baseball is because of the TV deals and a revenue sharing system.
For some unfathomable reason, TV networks will pay billions for the right to air games of the large market teams.
With the revenue sharing system MLB employs, even struggling teams, like Florida and Pittsburgh, will continue to be in the black.
However, that is why these teams almost never bid on free agents, and the owners does not seem to be interested in winning.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

All three of these are awesome.

Here's a question - Top 5 Community Episodes?

In no particular order...

S1 - Physical Education
So much to love in this one. Abed's variable personalities when courting a lady, Jeff engaging in perhaps the most simultaneously epic and disturbing game of pool of all time...priceless.

S2 - Epidemiology
I'm a huge zombie nut, and I think Community knocked it out of the park with this hat-tip to "Return of the Living Dead". Troy and Abed's Halloween costumes were also incredible.

S2 - Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design
The plot twists upon plot twists upon plot twists are awesome. Also loved "Professor Professorson".

S3 - Remedial Chaos Theory
This episode is so clever, incredibly well written and executed amazingly. My favorite reality was the one where Troy went to get the pizza.

S3 - Digital Estate Planning
Another genre bending episode - love the video game.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

In no particular order...

S1 - Physical Education
So much to love in this one. Abed's variable personalities when courting a lady, Jeff engaging in perhaps the most simultaneously epic and disturbing game of pool of all time...priceless.

S2 - Epidemiology
I'm a huge zombie nut, and I think Community knocked it out of the park with this hat-tip to "Return of the Living Dead". Troy and Abed's Halloween costumes were also incredible.

S2 - Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design
The plot twists upon plot twists upon plot twists are awesome. Also loved "Professor Professorson".

S3 - Remedial Chaos Theory
This episode is so clever, incredibly well written and executed amazingly. My favorite reality was the one where Troy went to get the pizza.

S3 - Digital Estate Planning
Another genre bending episode - love the video game.

The pinball finales of both season 1 and 2 are also very good.

Scottrockztheworld*

Favorite Community episodes? That will not be easy to narrow down & I'm sure my choices would change over time as there are SO many good ones. There are so many little one liners that can honestly make an episode for me sometimes.

No particular order:

S2 E6: Epidemiology
The "Zombie" Halloween episode, So many laughs I don't know where to begin.

S2 E1: Anthropology 101
Troy with the tweets of @oldwhitemansays, Britta/Jeff marriage ceremony by Abed with the Irish singer & fake George Clooney. That is also the episode with Betty White.

S3 E4: Remedial Chaos Theory
Troy's timeline in particular.

S2 E7: Aerodynamics of Gender
The Trampoline episode. Abed becoming a Robo Cop who calls out *****es, Chang in the cafeteria when Abed burns Hilary Duff, Joshua's crazy racism at the end.

S1 E21: Contemporary American Poultry
The Mafia movie spinoff about chicken fingers.

So many good episodes left off too...

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
ATeWX4r.jpg

Anyone recognize these guys?
From top left to right
1st row - Lu, Schneider, Henrik, Daniel, Burrows
2nd row - Kassian, Kesler, Booth, Higgins, Hansen
3rd row - Lapierre, Raymond, Malhotra, Volpatti, Ebbett
4th row - Edler, Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Ballard
5th row - Tanev, Weise

Those are actually pretty well done.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto

Off the top of my head:

Season 1 paintball
The Ken Burns-style blankets and pillow forts
Cooperative Calligraphy (bottle episode with the lost pen)
The conspiracy theories one
Accounting For Lawyers (the office party for Jeff's old law company)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->