The OT Non-Ski Resort - Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KISSland

Jan 30, 2012
And one day later I'm feeling fantastic. Even got to do my workout. :yo:

Studied all day. Hoping I can pull off 70-80% tomorrow. I just hate the way Macro asks questions.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
And one day later I'm feeling fantastic. Even got to do my workout. :yo:

Studied all day. Hoping I can pull off 70-80% tomorrow. I just hate the way Macro asks questions.

Yeah macro is like that, so far I am not doing bad, but half-assing it. I find my understanding of micro helps a whole lot.

One thing you can do is pretend like you are trying to explain it to a friend who has no clue about macroeconomics so you really need to spell it out.

KISSland

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah macro is like that, so far I am not doing bad, but half-assing it. I find my understanding of micro helps a whole lot.

One thing you can do is pretend like you are trying to explain it to a friend who has no clue about macroeconomics so you really need to spell it out.

I was half assing it too. Definitely helps I did Micro before.

So far I understand GDP, real GDP, nominal GDP, income approach, expenditure approach, unemployment rate, target unemployment, 3 types of unemployment, DML, and can't think other than that. Going to practice questions after this and calling it a day.

I kind of want to watch Community today.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
It was fun. But I didn't think was in the top-tier of Community episodes. It's too early to judge if it's because of changes on the show, or it's just because the quality of shows tend to fluctuate from episode to episode.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It was fun. But I didn't think was in the top-tier of Community episodes. It's too early to judge if it's because of changes on the show, or it's just because the quality of shows tend to fluctuate from episode to episode.

More or less this, still fun to follow the story lines, still has it's moments not up there though. As to be expected when a show is in transition like it is.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Looking at all the weather reports in the East, all I can think of is "I could make a huge snowman with all that snow." :laugh:

I WILL NEVER GROW UP

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Pretty much this. Definitely had a different feel - it felt like they tried to jam too much into this one, and didn't really get to devote enough time to any one of the stories that they were trying to tell.

The one bit that felt like classic community was the "Winger Speech to Bring it Home".

I thought the "new Pierce" in Abed's sitcom-fantasy was hilarious, too. But like I said, not enough time devoted to any one of the storylines...which is too bad, because each one of them had great potential.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
That snow storm is looking pretty horrible for those in the East.

EGyw1e7.jpg

:sarcasm:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Not bad.
Feel pretty similar, to be honest with you.
Probably have to watch a couple more episodes to fully judge the show.

Same.

I was pretty scared when I first heard the laugh track though; I thought they were going to add that in. Thank god it was inside Abed's head. :laugh:

The Hunger Deans was pretty anticlimatic though. I was expecting an epic competition on the level of the paintball episodes.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Assuming this is first year econ, false. For a firm in a perfectly competitive market, if output doubles then revenue would double, not price.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Assuming this is first year econ, false. For a firm in a perfectly competitive market, if output doubles then revenue would double, not price.

Assuming for inelastic demand, correct? Going off my crude understanding of the demand and supply curve for a firm in a P-COM market, demand would weaken in an elastic market and as a result the price level would have to change.

But what do I know, I haven't taken this course in awhile. I'm just wondering if my notes are mixed up.

Wait, I think I just had a micro epiphany...nope I lost it. Now I'm just confused.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Assuming for inelastic demand, correct? Going off my crude understanding of the demand and supply curve for a firm in a P-COM market, demand would weaken in an elastic market and as a result the price level would have to change.

But what do I know, I haven't taken this course in awhile. I'm just wondering if my notes are mixed up.

Wait, I think I just had a micro epiphany...nope I lost it. Now I'm just confused.

Sorry, that was under the assumption that the output of a single firm doubled. If output in the market as a whole doubled, then price would go down regardless of whether demand was elastic or inelastic though you wouldn't know the magnitude without knowing more. More supply always means lower prices absent a shift in demand.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
Looking at all the weather reports in the East, all I can think of is "I could make a huge snowman with all that snow." :laugh:

I WILL NEVER GROW UP

It makes it dangerous to get around though. I almost got hit by a cross country skier (on the sidewalk) on my way home from the grocery store. I think we got over a foot in about 24 hours.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
It makes it dangerous to get around though. I almost got hit by a cross country skier (on the sidewalk) on my way home from the grocery store. I think we got over a foot in about 24 hours.

I sure hope he wasn't on his cell phone at the time. That would be dangerous.

I envy your snow. I'm sick of rain and grey and anti-depressants.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
I sure hope he wasn't on his cell phone at the time. That would be dangerous.

I envy your snow. I'm sick of rain and grey and anti-depressants.

Ya I actually have no real complaints about my first Toronto winter. This is the first serious snowfall, and we've only had one or two spells of really cold weather. I've been able to avoid paying a gym membership and jog outside most days. That being said, as I was helping my landlord dig out his car from a foot of snow I got a text from a family member back in Van saying that new shoots were starting to come out in her garden.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Ya I actually have no real complaints about my first Toronto winter. This is the first serious snowfall, and we've only had one or two spells of really cold weather. I've been able to avoid paying a gym membership and jog outside most days. That being said, as I was helping my landlord dig out his car from a foot of snow I got a text from a family member back in Van saying that new shoots were starting to come out in her garden.

I had one winter and one summer there.

Have you spent a summer there yet? Thats what I don't miss; getting out of the shower at 6 A.M., drying off and being sticky and sweaty again by 6:10 A.M.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
I had one winter and one summer there.

Have you spent a summer there yet? Thats what I don't miss; getting out of the shower at 6 A.M., drying off and being sticky and sweaty again by 6:10 A.M.

Nope. I went to school in Montreal so I've done the eastern winters but May and September were as close as I got to summer. Not really looking forward to it.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
And my volunteer application for the 2013 Western Canada Cup is in! Several months late, but the fact that they were still looking for applicants tells me that interest was low.

Volunteer experience in a hockey environment would look so good on my resumé.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Sorry, that was under the assumption that the output of a single firm doubled. If output in the market as a whole doubled, then price would go down regardless of whether demand was elastic or inelastic though you wouldn't know the magnitude without knowing more. More supply always means lower prices absent a shift in demand.

Ok cool, I don't have my notes mixed up then...thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad