The OT Non-Ski Resort - Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I don't like gravy, so I don't think poutine is my thing.

Yes I'm aware I'm an anomaly.

Gravy and me are on a love/hate relationship.

Weight loss isn't working out right now. In the summer it might. Living in Winnipeg I can sweat whatever I eat off. Eat much better in the summer too.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Gravy and me are on a love/hate relationship.

Weight loss isn't working out right now. In the summer it might. Living in Winnipeg I can sweat whatever I eat off. Eat much better in the summer too.

In order for me to lose weight I've been working a 6 day a week gym program with no processed carbs high protein thing. I get one day a week for inhaling junk food.

And I don't even live in snow.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
One of these days I need to try it.
Yes, I am a poutine virgin. :cry:

That place I mentioned is very overrated.
When I went, the fries is a bit too well done, cheese curds are cold, and the gravy is a bit tasteless.

I have heard good things about Mean Poutine, but I want to get some verification from fellow posters.

You have to try poutine.
It is one of the few things that you can tell people about Canada that would make them want to visit.
Also, it is the only reason why people want Quebec to stay in Canada.
:sarcasm:

You've never had good poutine then.

Thankfully Festival starts soon and I can get some good quality francophone poutine instead of the crap they make at NYF.

In Vancouver?
When does it start?

In order for me to lose weight I've been working a 6 day a week gym program with no processed carbs high protein thing. I get one day a week for inhaling junk food.

And I don't even live in snow.

You are trying to live healthy.
I, on the other hand, will just leave all my problems to future me.
If that does not work, I am pinning the rest of my hopes on advances in modern medicine.
*cross my fingers*

All jokes aside (because my health plan will probably cut my benefits if they read what I posted), congrats on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
I always fall off the wagon within 2 months.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
If that does not work, I am pinning the rest of my hopes on advances in modern medicine.
*cross my fingers*

All jokes aside (because my health plan will probably cut my benefits if they read what I posted), congrats on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
It seems like it is doing wonders for you.

Thank you m'dear. I'm hellbent and set on having a RAWKIN' BIKINI BAWDY come summer time so I figure starting now isn't bad.

Plus I've managed to turn a lot of my favourite foods into healthy low carb versions. A lot of people in my REAL LIFE (tm) want me to start some sort of healthy living blog with workout stuff and recipes but I can't figure out if I want to or not.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
From what I heard, Quebec has the highest rate of heart problems in Canada.
It has to be the poutine.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Thank you m'dear. I'm hellbent and set on having a RAWKIN' BIKINI BAWDY come summer time so I figure starting now isn't bad.

Plus I've managed to turn a lot of my favourite foods into healthy low carb versions. A lot of people in my REAL LIFE (tm) want me to start some sort of healthy living blog with workout stuff and recipes but I can't figure out if I want to or not.

Ahh...
That is why I avoid water.

Could not hurt to write one.
Gives oneself extra motivation.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
That place I mentioned is very overrated.
When I went, the fries is a bit too well done, cheese curds are cold, and the gravy is a bit tasteless.

I have heard good things about Mean Poutine, but I want to get some verification from fellow posters.

You have to try poutine.
It is one of the few things that you can tell people about Canada that would make them want to visit.
Also, it is the only reason why people want Quebec to stay in Canada.
:sarcasm:

In Vancouver?
When does it start?

*cross my fingers*

I always fall off the wagon within 2 months.

Sorry no. It's the francophone fesitval in St. Boniface in Winnipeg.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Well, I'm pretty ticked right now.

CcPCpqE.jpg

I spent the past week watching over this shirt on eBay because I was dead-set on winning it, and just when it looked like victory was at hand, someone massively outbid me. We're talking about the last ten seconds of the auction here.

Maybe it's not all that bad of a loss. Enjoy your $152 shirt, guy.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Well, I'm pretty ticked right now.

CcPCpqE.jpg

I spent the past week watching over this shirt on eBay because I was dead-set on winning it, and just when it looked like victory was at hand, someone massively outbid me. We're talking about the last ten seconds of the auction here.

Maybe it's not all that bad of a loss. Enjoy your $152 shirt, guy.

Yeah...
$152 for a used shirt...
There has to be more worthwhile collectibles out there.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
When did the Grammys became so irrelevant?
At least 12 years ago, I remember one episode on The Simpsons, when Homer met Elton John, who gave him a Grammy in the very first line, and Homer promptly threw it away.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
When did the Grammys became so irrelevant?
At least 12 years ago, I remember one episode on The Simpsons, when Homer met Elton John, who gave him a Grammy in the very first line, and Homer promptly threw it away.

I forgot the Grammys still existed.

I actually don't remember the last time I paid for music though, or seriously listened to the radio so that might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad