The OT Non-Ski Resort - Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
this one has some field ones mixed in. For anyone who didn't know if no one has possession of the ball (ball is loose) then in the 9 feet surrounding the ball hitting is allowed on anyone. So many unsuspecting hits.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Mr. Canucklehead,

When is your baby due?
Last I heard it was some time in March.
Hope everything goes well.

Good luck.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Some random thoughts:

History has a very disproportionate male-to-female ratio.
In my last year, about 90% of the class is female.
Half the time I thought I was in Venus.
I think that may be why I liked history.
:naughty:

Also, women will one day rule the world.
I got this epiphany when I can never win any arguments against them.

JA

I have no idea where to put this, but having watched Patrick Kane on a game-by-game basis recently, I actually see some of Pavel Bure's game in the way he operates in the offensive zone. Their shiftiness, tendency to carry the puck around the zone and roam around the zone remind me of one another. Their creativity as well strikes me as similar.

As much as I dislike Kane and associate him with bad memories, it's interesting to watch him. There are aspects of their games that are clearly different, but when the attack is established in the offensive zone, I see some similarities.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
s*** son... just got home from a night shift and driving up my street I see two coyotes running, each with half a cat hanging from their jaws :*[

Wild animals are pretty aggressive lately.
Just about a month or 2 ago, I saw 2 dogs rip apart a bunny.
Wasn't a pretty sight.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Good memory! :) Baby is due March 30th. There's a good chance that I'll just up and disappear from here for a few days when he arrives!

Ahh...
Coming up soon.
Good luck with everything.

I guess you should fill up on your sleep now.
:cry:
This could be the face your bundle of joy makes for the next little while.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Some random thoughts:

History has a very disproportionate male-to-female ratio.
In my last year, about 90% of the class is female.
Half the time I thought I was in Venus.
I think that may be why I liked history.
:naughty:

Also, women will one day rule the world.
I got this epiphany when I can never win any arguments against them.

Oh I could rant about this for ages, debates become extremely difficult when there are way more girls than guys, not that in complaining too much. :)naughty:). It's just thay 90% of history is based around males, Why? because almost every civillization since the the beginning of recorded history (except a time in ancient Egypt) and been a patriarchal society (male dominated) and I realize that it is such a travesty and completely injust, but a strong focus on men when looking at history is necessary.

:rant:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I porpose that the next one be the Workaholics Edition

Or the SFU>UBC edition :laugh:

Last edited:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Don't know about Hartnell, but Kassian is teddy bear adorable to me...when he's not on the ice. :laugh:

But yes, you are shunned for life. :rant:

:cry: noooooo.

More so shunned because everyone seemed to be posting their pics to show ugly hockey players. Or at least that's how my brain interpreted it.

BCHL regular season is ending soon, the Grizzlies (team boyfriend works for) are 1st overall (from last place last season) and are in the midst of a three-game losing streak. Lost their best forward (one of the triplets) to a concussion. The parallels between the two teams I follow is ridiculous.

Trying to convince him to pester the Giants for a job because 1) holy crap their goal tending is atrocious 2) it would be so good for his career and 3) I want to move to Vancouver.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Good memory! :) Baby is due March 30th. There's a good chance that I'll just up and disappear from here for a few days when he arrives!

congrats!

We will be down a mod for a little while, oh the parties that will take place, all of the shenanigans that will occur

:sarcasm:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Oh I could rant about this for ages, debates become extremely difficult when there are way more girls than guys, not that in complaining too much. :)naughty:). It's just thay 90% of history is based around males, Why? because almost every civillization since the the beginning of recorded history (except a time in ancient Egypt) and been a patriarchal society (male dominated) and I realize that it is such a travesty and completely injust, but a strong focus on men when looking at history is necessary.

:rant:

We had an argument like that in class.
Some guy talked about the same thing, but he was a little less tactful and said something along the lines of, "Men wears the pants."
Of course, there was an uproar, until the quick quip, "Yeah, but women picks the pants."
He was basically laughed out of the class.

We all know it is true.
That is one thing I learned in history.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
We had an argument like that in class.
Some guy talked about the same thing, but he was a little less tactful and said something along the lines of, "Men wears the pants."
Of course, there was an uproar, until the quick quip, "Yeah, but women picks the pants."
He was basically laughed out of the class.

We all know it is true.
That is one thing I learned in history.

It's not like woman didn't contribute to major events historically, but some people try to act as if woman were of equal significance which (although unfair) is just not true.

Little known fact- The woman's suffrage movement (to right to vote) was extremely rascist is some parts, and some of my teachers consistently say how woman were always the "voice of reason". (Even though in many cases they were).

It is interesting to dissect the very few select civilizations that are have given more power to females and how it develops because historically it is quite apparent why the overwhelming amount of societies were male dominated (provider, protected ect). In this day and age the sexes (should) be seen as equals but historically this was not the case and it annoys me when try to argue against that fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad