GDT: THE OPPOSITE: Devils @ Dallas 8PM MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
This might just be me getting older, but what’s not to love about relatively even minutes distribution and some AHL guys jamming it up?

Edit: wow, 8k likes. I’d like to thank the academy, my wife, daughter, and the board for finding me agreeable. Xoxo.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I honestly don't think that was a fluke. We turtled at the end, but after the first goal and until the third period it looked pretty even with us at times really taking the game to Dallas. The passes were generally much quicker and sharper last night. It did not seem like a lucky win. That was one of the first times I felt like the team as a whole took a step on the right direction. I don't think it was a case of Dallas just not trying like it was with Florida.

There is a ton to work on, and it was far, far from perfect (and at times still a total mess), but was a lot better than pretty much the rest of the year, at least to my eye anyway.

And no, this is not opposite day me anymore. These are my actual thoughts from my normally pessimistic self.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I honestly don't think that was a fluke. We turtled at the end, but after the first goal and until the third period it looked pretty even with us at times really taking the game to Dallas. The passes were generally much quicker and sharper last night. It did not seem like a lucky win. That was one of the first times I felt like the team as a whole took a step on the right direction. I don't think it was a case of Dallas just not trying like it was with Florida.

There is a ton to work on, and it was far, far from perfect (and at times still a total mess), but was a lot better than pretty much the rest of the year, at least to my eye anyway.

And no, this is not opposite day me anymore. These are my actual thoughts from my normally pessimistic self.

One of the few games we've seen this season where they had the extra step all game and also yes as you said, passes were really crisp. Also, shots were going off a little quicker, not as many delays.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
If we get depth scoring like that every other game we will win games.

Tierney 2pts
Hotlz 1g
Lazar 1 assist
Nosek 1g
MACDermid 1 assist in 1:40 TOI lol
+DeSimone 1 assist

Then you get the core
Timo 2pts
Haula 1g
Mercer 1g
Nico 1pt
Luke 1pt

Good game considering Bratt and Palat were quiet. Jack generated stuff but no points either

Reactions: My3Sons

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.

IMG_3158.gif

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Is it Allen's crease to lose? Or will they be splitting him and Kahkonen down the stretch? Asking for fantasy hockey purposes

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is it Allen's crease to lose? Or will they be splitting him and Kahkonen down the stretch? Asking for fantasy hockey purposes
Too soon to tell but since Allen has a much higher likelihood of being here next year, he should get the first crack at being the 1A. As long as they’re in a ‘stretch run for the playoffs’ they’ll likely go with the hot hand if one emerges

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
If there was playoffs, Allen would be instantly the go to guy. He is the guy to beat and too bad it took so long to get him along. His cup victory was gifted, but the way he can carry games is something that stays with you mentally. 2020 Demko > 2017 Allen > 2023 Bobrovsky for some great goalie performances.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That's his schtick. He does that with everyone, his own team included. He's like Jack Edwards lite.

Usually he’s a pro Stars cheerleader but it’s a bit more professional and he’s usually diplomatic about thr other team. This was bad by his standards in my view. Given the Bally’s Sports implosion I wonder if he’s being leaned on by the team or something.

Reactions: MasterofGrond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad