GDT: THE OPPOSITE: Devils @ Dallas 8PM MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

One of the worst officiated games I have seen all season. There've been games where the Devils got 0 or 1 PPs - that nightmare game against Detroit in November, for instance - but Dallas committed several infractions, including a too many men call, that just went unpunished.
with our power play lately, they may be doing us a favor by not calling them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
34.07% xGF%.

Guessing we didn't play a strong game and fluked our way to a W.

Team is cooked tbh. Ain't their year. Come back next year with a chip on your shoulder.
A lot of it was score effects.

We scored 4 goals on 9 shots on Oettinger and 5 goals on our first 12 shots I think.

We definitely played turtle in the 3rd, but at least we were up 3-4 goals and not just one like that bullshit game in Seattle where we played to win 2-1 and won 2-1.

Reactions: Devs3cups

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Pretty accurate actually.
Nah, listen to the rest of his schtick. It all comes back to the stars, good karma tonight .

“Welcome to Devils hockey” - Stars let up equally bad dzone coverage

“This has odor on it” (Allen) - their goalie was worse

“Losing to the beezelbubs” just call them Devils damn

Their color commentator is an unprofessional douchebag. f*** that guy. Hate their broadcasts when I hear them. Says this stuff a lot and it comes back to bite him many times

Last edited:

Camille the Eel

Underrated play there, at 3:50. Luke just goes through they neutral zone and goes around Heiskanen to create a nice chance for himself. He's hit a wall, but he's a good one and he's going to be a huge part of our future with his brother.

Such a gifted skater. Top of class really.

He’s also getting much better at taking the man and staying on the right side of the plays one on one. Luke doesn’t have just speed on the rush. He’s very fluid skating backwards too and turning in both directions when defending. He’s virtually unbeatable one on one and his positioning is improving. A lot of his gaffes this year have been mistakes with the puck. His defense per se is vastly improved. Oddly what he has to work most on is that first pass from deep in our end.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
He’s also getting much better at taking the man and staying on the right side of the plays one on one. Luke doesn’t have just speed on the rush. He’s very fluid skating backwards too and turning in both directions when defending. He’s virtually unbeatable one on one and his positioning is improving. A lot of his gaffes this year have been mistakes with the puck. His defense per se is vastly improved. Oddly what he has to work most on is that first pass from deep in our end.
Totally agree. Gap and shadow are pretty friggin' good. It's decisions and positions...Jesus, I sound like a color commentator for the XFL.

Really, I think about when I get worried with players:

- Is Smith getting attacked by a forward (sphincter tight)
- Is Nosek racing for a puck (sphincter)
- Is Jack running out of options and considering a drop pass (tightening)
- Is Bratt wide open for a shot but Haula is on his wing (yup...restrictions...)
- Is someone shooting on Viteck (implosion)

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
A lot of it was score effects.

We scored 4 goals on 9 shots on Oettinger and 5 goals on our first 12 shots I think.

We definitely played turtle in the 3rd, but at least we were up 3-4 goals and not just one like that bullshit game in Seattle where we played to win 2-1 and won 2-1.

Here’s Natural Stat Trick’s 5v5
IMG_5142.jpeg
vs
score & venue adjusted 5v5
IMG_5141.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It was all so uplifting, let’s get a small photo dump on.

It’s Cinematic Nemec Edition.
IMG_5143.jpeg

and
I Remember that Expression Edition
IMG_5162.jpeg

IMG_5147.jpeg

I learned that I had no idea what Jake Allen’s face looked like before today.
IMG_5157.jpeg
IMG_5171.jpeg

Jake!
IMG_5155.jpeg

The other guy we couldn’t score for!
IMG_5164.jpeg

New pals.
IMG_5151.jpeg
Ref shocked at Bahl’s awesomeness.
IMG_5149.jpeg

IMG_5161.jpeg

Ayyy! It’s Nick DeSimone!
IMG_5156.jpeg

IMG_5163.jpeg

Hatakka’s back!
IMG_5169.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg

Haula gets his 14th!
IMG_5167.jpeg

Tierney with a multi-point game!
IMG_5160.jpeg

Dawgson!
IMG_5145.jpeg

Timo is love!
IMG_5144.jpeg

Nosek scored!?!?!
IMG_5170.jpeg

Even he potted one.

IMG_5154.jpeg

Rare on-ice MacDermid sighting.
IMG_5165.jpeg

Nico smash!
IMG_5166.jpeg

This boy can skate.

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Utterly bizarre how DeSimone goes from a multiple month scratch to 25 mins….

Truly

THE OPPOSITE
I wish I was a fly on the wall during that conversation between Green and DeSimone.

Green: "were letting you have your "cup of coffee" but since I want to try out other players in upcoming games I'm going to give you one game to show your stuff."

It's sink or swim time

Welcome to....

ring-of-fire-fish-tank.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad