GDT: THE OPPOSITE: Devils @ Dallas 8PM MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Timo continues to look great
I remember him saying to Emily Kaplan during the game against STL that he started feeling like himself again/healthy about 8-10 games before that game, exactly when he started cooking again.

A huge positive that he's found his game again. 18 points in his last 20 games, 14 points in his last 10. He's feeling healthy again and it's showing, even when he's not scoring.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The game wouldn’t look as lopsided as well if it wasn’t for the insane officiating

Dallas was their best on the PP and the refs gifted them many while choking on the whistle in the infractions I saw that Dallas committed

One of the worst officiated games I have seen all season. There've been games where the Devils got 0 or 1 PPs - that nightmare game against Detroit in November, for instance - but Dallas committed several infractions, including a too many men call, that just went unpunished.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
We were pretty even with them 5 on 5 all things considered (Half of our regular d-men missing, Smith getting any minutes at all), we buried chances that we haven't been burying before, and then we absolutely turtled in the 3rd to protect the lead, and it worked. Allen was awesome after the first 4 or 5 shots he faced.

I get being a debbie downer but not about tonight. We cooked.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We’d be in the playoffs with anything close to this level of goalie performance on a regular basis.
Thing is we haven't yet found the goalie who can even make a hot streak last beyond a couple weeks, which goes back to the 'this team churns up and spits out goalies over time' meme. Yeah great that Allen did well tonight and KK was fine the other night, let's see them do it over a monthlong period. Daws looked great for a while too till we ran him into the ground.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nico Hischier very casually has 31 points in his last 27 games (which is as far back as the yahoo app let me scroll). 94 point pace since the midpoint of January.
While getting tough matchups, playing solid defensively. He's awesome.

His play on Mercer's goal tonight went under the radar but that was a sweet effort.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This probably won't last forever. The other bubble teams losing has kept us in the mix, but I figure a couple teams get going eventually.
We keep saying that but we're now in mid-March and it hasn't happened yet. Honestly of the bubble teams the Isles are the ones I could see ripping off a Nashville-like run with Sorokin getting hot but they haven't done it yet either.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Nico Hischier very casually has 31 points in his last 27 games (which is as far back as the yahoo app let me scroll). 94 point pace since the midpoint of January.

Him, Timo, and Palat have been really going well during this bad tram stretch. Now hopefully the rest of the team picks up and they can continue a major surge. Jack looking dangerous last few games just no finish.

If Nico somehow ends up close to 70 pts this year's point total after missing like 25 games...will be quite the season for him...

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
One of the worst officiated games I have seen all season. There've been games where the Devils got 0 or 1 PPs - that nightmare game against Detroit in November, for instance - but Dallas committed several infractions, including a too many men call, that just went unpunished.
The funniest thing was (I think) Hakanpää doing literally exactly what Bahl was called for twice right in front of the bench with no call.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

Underrated play there, at 3:50. Luke just goes through they neutral zone and goes around Heiskanen to create a nice chance for himself. He's hit a wall, but he's a good one and he's going to be a huge part of our future with his brother.

Such a gifted skater. Top of class really.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Dallas is a big strong team and I never felt the Devils were bullied around, hell, I felt like the Devils had the more physical play. Was nice to see

MacDermid effect. Somehow it works, even when he is on the bench.

I think he hit one and then Stanloven tried to hit him and just bounced off and fell

Well. Stankoven would pinball since he is about 5'7" or something

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Dallas is a big strong team and I never felt the Devils were bullied around, hell, I felt like the Devils had the more physical play. Was nice to see

Dallas is a bit like NJ in the physical play department. Their younger skill players are not all that hard hitting. It’s the older gets who aren’t that great anymore who do the dirty work. Heiskanen is butter soft. It’s painful to watch because he can do everything else. There are some exceptions of course but they want to skate and play with skill for the most part. It works for them most nights.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Underrated play there, at 3:50. Luke just goes through they neutral zone and goes around Heiskanen to create a nice chance for himself. He's hit a wall, but he's a good one and he's going to be a huge part of our future with his brother.

Such a gifted skater. Top of class really.

“Welcome to Devils Hockey”, pretty douchey by their color commentator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad