Post-Game Talk: The one where terrible ex-Oilers scored all the Flames goals

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Continued from the GDT

Nygard made the team tonight, Bear fell back to earth. Lagesson looked real good. Tough call between Lagesson and Manning for that last LHD spot. I think if it was me I d go

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Lagesson-Benning
Manning

After watching tonights game. Bear needs some time, after getting walked by Bennett. If we do include Bear, then Benning should be on the second pairing.
Bear "fell back down to earth". Bear was our second best defensemen tonight behind Lagesson.

That play you are shitting on Bear for happens to Benning most games 3-4 times. Give me a break

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Continued from the GDT

Nygard made the team tonight, Bear fell back to earth. Lagesson looked real good. Tough call between Lagesson and Manning for that last LHD spot. I think if it was me I d go

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Lagesson-Benning
Manning

After watching tonights game. Bear needs some time, after getting walked by Bennett. If we do include Bear, then Benning should be on the second pairing.

Young D are gonna have moments like that, Bear contributed to a lot of nice break outs, not playing him because of one "welcome to the NHL" moment makes no sense.

Oilers break out actually looked fairly decent for good stretches of that game, Bear assisted on the Haas goal.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I wonder how many people are ******** about Nurse's whiff on the one timer earlier in the period, but won't even think twice about Bear whiffing with the extra attacker there.

Thought it was a pretty damn good, hard working performance by a team with most of their top 6 out, their top d-man out, and Draisaitl playing junior hockey out there.

Uh...yeah because the puck was rolling for Bear and it was a short range pass from Drai which limits reaction time, AND the clock was running down. Not exactly apples to apples.

That said Nurse whiff in on that shot wasn't even in my top 5 for concerns about Nurse's game tonight. His game will come around but he's been dog shit this preseason.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Based on preseason
Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - RNH - Neal
Jurco - Haas - Gagner
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Chiasson/PRussell

I’d have

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Nygard-RNH-Neal
Gagner-Haas-Chiasson
Jurco-Sheahan-Archibald
Khaira-Granlund

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Whats your openning line up prediction guys ?

Drai - McDavid - Kass
Jurco - RNH - Neal
Granlund - Sheahan - Chiasson
Khaira - Cave - Archibald

Klefbom - Persson
Nurse - Larsson
Russell - Bear

My guess..

Reactions: Pomee

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So Haas, Nygard, and Jurco have all shown something. Granlund has done jack ****.......

What did Nygard show? The facebook feed died just when the Oilers scored the two goals. Never got to see them. NHL isn't doing goal replays of the games either so I probably never saw the plays.

lmfao that I miss 1min of play and it was the only one even remotely interesting.

What a f***ing depressing game.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Bear "fell back down to earth". Bear was our second best defensemen tonight behind Lagesson.

That play you are ****ting on Bear for happens to Benning most games 3-4 times. Give me a break

Bear was on the ice for a few chances against, and lost positioning more then once. He needs work in the defensive zone. Benning looked great defensively in comparison. How you can't see that is beyond me

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What did Nygard show? The facebook feed died just when the Oilers scored the two goals. Never got to see them. NHL isn't doing goal replays of the games either so I probably never saw the plays.

lmfao that I miss 1min of play and it was the only one even remotely interesting.

What a ****ing depressing game.
Made some really nice plays causing both goals for within like..30 seconds.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

People need to get over the dumb optics of it, the Oilers iced a B squad and played the Flames pretty even or probably even outplayed them by a bit.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Whats your openning line up prediction guys ?

Drai - McDavid - Kass
Jurco - RNH - Neal
Granlund - Sheahan - Chiasson
Khaira - Cave - Archibald

Klefbom - Persson
Nurse - Larsson
Russell - Bear

My guess..

Kass looks like he's going to pull a Rieder this season. We got nobody to go up there unless its Neal.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Young D are gonna have moments like that, Bear contributed to a lot of nice break outs, not playing him because of one "welcome to the NHL" moment makes no sense.

Oilers break out actually looked fairly decent for good stretches of that game, Bear assisted on the Haas goal.

He'll be back up in no time. He'd be my first injury call up. I just dont think he's ready for 20 minutes of ice time. Lagesson on the other hand, is a damn beaut

replacement

Oct 20, 2018

That play you are ****ting on Bear for happens to Benning most games 3-4 times. Give me a break

Absolutely. Bear was NHL calibre tonight, his skating is just so much better. How he cuts back, creates his own space so he can make a good play... Did it multiple times tonight, it was fun to watch.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bear was on the ice for a few chances against, and lost positioning more then once. He needs work in the defensive zone. Benning looked great defensively in comparison. How you can't see that is beyond me
And last game Bear looked asking and Benning was pure trash. Like he has been every other preseason game.

How you can't see that and call a guy like Bear not ready after his first rough game is hilarious.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Kass looks like he's going to pull a Rieder this season. We got nobody to go up there unless its Neal.

Actually I think Kass will have a career year... then sign a huge UFA contract and be terrible ever after.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Nygard was had 2 assists, was real good on those plays

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He'll be back up in no time. He'd be my first injury call up. I just dont think he's ready for 20 minutes of ice time. Lagesson on the other hand, is a damn beaut
Our team needs Bear more than Lagesson.

Russell should never be on his right side. It kills our game.

We need pick movement. Bear brings that.

Reactions: asa and harpoon

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Gagner - RNH - Neal
Jurco - Haas - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Russell, Granlund

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Persson
Russell - Benning
Manning

Smith
Buyoutkinen

Bear would make my team but I think he falls victim to the numbers game of not needing waivers. Also that team sucks.

Reactions: BamaOil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
People need to get over the dumb optics of it, the Oilers iced a B squad and played the Flames pretty even or probably even outplayed them by a bit.

The Oilers had most of their starting lineup in. Unfortunately bad game from all of them. The only good performances were Jurco, and Haas. everybody else was garbage.

Reactions: Pomee

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

You have to play these guys some time, Bear is 22 years old, you can't freak out if there's a chance against ... Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Russell, Benning also allow chances against.

Kid's toolset is badly, badly needed by the Oilers, we were actually breaking out with speed several times.

He got a bit over excited right at that end but if got what he wanted on that shot he very well could've tied the game also.

We got to let him play, he will lose waiver eligibility next season. It's +4 from his draft year.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil and asa

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know why people are crapping on the team. They played very well considering the lineups iced tonight, WTF did people expect? Even the Flames announcers were saying the Oilers outplayed the Flames, on multiple occasions.
It's going to be a long season if people are bitching about a game like this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad