Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
GLgkeZl.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Even before he scored the goal, I thought Haas was dynamic tonight and I believe he was decent on faceoffs.
Based on merit, he should get the nod over Cave. He does a lot of the things Cave does but is faster, has a bit more skill and is right handed. I don't see an argument for Cave over him tbh.

Tough decision. one of Jurco, Nygard or Jurco won't make it and Granlund will make it based on... nothing. Haven't seen much of anything from Khaira either.

OilersfaninTO

Nov 25, 2018
Pre-season and everything but I feel very nervous with our goaltending duo. Koskinen’s glove hand continues to be an issue and the whole league knows it. Pray to god Smitty has a good season. Rittich might actually be something.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Even before he scored the goal, I thought Haas was dynamic tonight and I believe he was decent on faceoffs.
Based on merit, he should get the nod over Cave. He does a lot of the things Cave does but is faster, has a bit more skill and is right handed. I don't see an argument for Cave over him tbh.

Have to agree. Haas has been good. Nygard too. Jurco of course. Some real tough decisions to be made.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Atleast we found out that yes, Hass and Nygard can produce and chip in. That's the one positive in this game, and Bear's continued development.

Reactions: Mez

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Jurco - McD - Drai
Nygard - RNH - Neal
Gagner - Haas - Chiasson
Archibald - Sheahan - Kassian

Klef - Persson
Nurse - Bear
Russell - Larsson

Smith

That’s the best of this bunch of lemons.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Haas made the team at least for opening night IMO ... the team badly needs a right shot center ... he had a strong game and has been rock solid in the face off dot to boot.

Jurco, Haas made it.

Nygard probably gets to stay up with the team as the 13th forward.

Our forward group will be in flux for a bit I think, players will come in/out of the lineup as results dictate.

Reactions: Pomee

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Some Jack & Bob post-game tidbits:

1) Bob brought up putting Manning on waivers to see if there is a taker.
2) Bob with a Freudian slip about Persson when he returns and said he'd be paired with Klefbom then said "I think he'll be paired with Klefbom".
3) Bob rather confidently stated Smith will be the starting goalie on Wednesday night.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Flames can have this victory we didn’t have McDavid,RNH,Neal and klef even Russell. Remove manning and benning on D for klef and Russell and game would be much different

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
There was literally nothing to cheer for in this game. Well, Jurko and Haas played well. Everybody else was utter crap.

What a listless Oilers performance.

lmao that on the same day the Oilers cut Burdasov, a goal scorer, they take 55mins to score a goal in this one.

Continued from the GDT

Nygard made the team tonight, Bear fell back to earth. Lagesson looked real good. Tough call between Lagesson and Manning for that last LHD spot. I think if it was me I d go

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Lagesson-Benning
Manning

After watching tonights game. Bear needs some time, after getting walked by Bennett. If we do include Bear, then Benning should be on the second pairing.

Reactions: WIOiler

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Based on preseason
Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - RNH - Neal
Jurco - Haas - Gagner
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Chiasson/PRussell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad