The One Injury That Would Devastate Your Team

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Shattenkirk left the game with lower body injury. PP went to crap and Pietrangelo can't play 30+ minutes a game. Elliot/Schwartz would also really hurt the Blues.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
The Blues were 1-5-1 when Jaden Schwartz was out.

I'd probably lean towards Alex Pietrangelo being the true answer but the results show that were LOST without Schwartz. Without Pietrangelo, though, we'd be in bad shape too.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
i would say Rielly or JVR both have been playing very good though this losing streak and both play with heart and are dedicated. Rielly has been the leafs best dman lately so if he got hurt that would be awful.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Perhaps Brian Elliott. Jake Allen has been just average this season and we have no one else in the system who's played an NHL game.

Since the Blues are a system team, losing any of the following for significant time would be bad:

Backes
Schwartz
Tarasenko
Steen
Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk

Allen has been real good this year with the exceptions of about 2 starts when the team was playing horrible in front of him. The team had about a 5 game stretch where they were bad.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Johnson, as in Jack Johnson? Interesting..

The problem with JJ is that he can be "injured" mentally as well as physically. When he's off his game, you can see why he's got a less than happy reputation. When he's on... just get out of the way, it's safer. :)

I'm convinced that if ever we win the Cup and he's still on the roster and on his game, he'd win the Conn Smythe by a landslide.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Would have said Suter last year. Now it's easily Parise. Dude is playing at an elite level right now.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk

Steen
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Elliott
Backes
Oshie
JBo
Stastny

That's how's I rank them for priority.

Aug 3, 2010
Boyd Gordon. The difficulty of his minutes is insane

No slight to Gordon, but it's not like his efforts will lift Edmonton from a bottom-3 placement this year. One might almost think Katz/Lowe/MacTavish would want Gordon to be injured to guarantee the 1st overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad