The One Injury That Would Devastate Your Team

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Halak has surprised me. I still wasn't sold on him as a top 10 goaltender, even after his epic playoff run with the Habs and tenure with the Blues. Just not enough starts with the Habs to sway me and then him splitting the load with Elliot, on a great defensive Blues team didn't do anything to convince me either.

But since Halak has come over to the Islanders, he's been top 5 this season. His workload is similar to what he had in St. Louis and the guy is just so consistent and steady back there. Great signing by the Islanders.

Agreed. The Isles probably made one of the best signings in FA.

The crazy thing was there was little demand for Halak. Islanders basically got him with little to no effort and now he looks like the guy that caught fire in the 2010 playoffs.

Always liked the Isles and Halak despite playing for the Habs. Helps the Isles have Boychuk now too.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Thornton, easily.

We were lucky to win one game when he was out with a shoulder injury a few weeks ago.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stepan. We've seen it before and it just was not good without him.

I'd say McDonagh is next. Left side without him is bad, but we'd still have a good top pair without him and we can move Boyle to the left side for a Boyle-Klein second pair, which is bad, but not atrocious. Third line would be really bad, but we might upgrade that position anyway.

Hank is probably next after McDonagh. Some people might say Hank is first because of his standing in the NHL, but I think Talbot is at least an average starting goalie in the NHL. We'd lose quality in goal, but I don't think goalie would be a weakness.

Xavier Laflamme*

Agreed. The Isles probably made one of the best signings in FA.

The crazy thing was there was little demand for Halak. Islanders basically got him with little to no effort and now he looks like the guy that caught fire in the 2010 playoffs.

Always liked the Isles and Halak despite playing for the Habs. Helps the Isles have Boychuk now too.

Yeah, Boychuk has been huge for them as well. Still can't believe the Bruins traded him as they really need a defenseman right now, haha.

I won't lie, I hate the Islanders but what Garth Snow did this summer was unreal. I thought he'd be jobless after the dumb trades he did last season but he somehow managed to totally redeem himself. Boychuk, Leddy, Grabovski, Kulemin, Halak..guy will win GM of the year and deservedly so.

Weast

May 16, 2011
EJ (who is currently injured)

At least we have Pickard who has played great when Varly went down, with EJ out our best defenceman is Barrie...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Toews.

Not even remotely close.

He goes down, and the Blackhawks forward depth collapses like a house of cards.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hedman. Bishop may be rough, but it may be amazing and Vasilevskiy just comes in and takes the job. Hedman forces everyone to play over their head.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
:habs

Price easy. Subban as well but to a lesser extent.

:sharks

Erm... we can deal without anyone I suppose, but Vlasic's injury cost us the series against the Kings, imo. Was on the plane home when I saw that hit, and the instant the impact was made, I said "****, the series is over."

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The only good answer for us is Price.
If I had to pick a second one, it would be Pacioretty.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Hedman. Bishop may be rough, but it may be amazing and Vasilevskiy just comes in and takes the job. Hedman forces everyone to play over their head.

I agree.

My first thought was Bishop but then I realized that it would be because Nabokov gets icetime and not Bishop being injured that much (while him being injuried does hurt, there is more to it than the injury itself).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad