The One Injury That Would Devastate Your Team

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Probably Mason.

Flyers would be awful without Giroux, but Emery being the #1....yeah that would be horrific.

potsos

Jan 25, 2014
Freeport, Antonica
Perhaps Brian Elliott. Jake Allen has been just average this season and we have no one else in the system who's played an NHL game.

Since the Blues are a system team, losing any of the following for significant time would be bad:

Backes
Schwartz
Tarasenko
Steen
Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk

Xavier Laflamme*

Craig Adams..ownership, management and coaching would collectively get together and agree to cancel the rest of their season...or at least wear patches with the #27 on their jerseys.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
We saw it already; any long term injury to Krejci or Chara.

Krejci drives the offensive and Chara fills a huge hole on D. If Z goes down, that leaves the Bruins with a top pairing of Hamilton and someone who has no business being on a top pairing (Krug, McQuaid, doesn't matter.)

Xavier Laflamme*

1st - Halak --- Johnson and Poulin are horrible

2nd - Boychuk

I vaguely remember the Chad Johnson signing being hailed as a great signing for the Islanders. He had a terrific season last year backing up Rask, going 17-4 with a .925 save percentage and 2.10 gaa. Can that be chalked up to playing behind Boston's system? Why does he suck so bad now?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I came in fully thinking of putting down Henrik Sedin, but saw the other poster say Tanev/Edler and I gotta side with them.

If Miller went down, Lack could handle the starts, If Hank went down we'd be pretty much be a team built of quasi 2nd-3rd liners but we'd score by comittee. But if we lost either Tanev or Edler... jesus. they've been the backbone of our defense. Shutting down top competition nightly. that would hurt.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I vaguely remember the Chad Johnson signing being hailed as a great signing for the Islanders. He had a terrific season last year backing up Rask, going 17-4 with a .925 save percentage and 2.10 gaa. Can that be chalked up to playing behind Boston's system? Why does he suck so bad now?

It was the system. Johnson was a nobody anywhere else he played.

That's why i wasn't particularly sad to see him go. Least the Isles have Halak though.

Xavier Laflamme*

It was the system. Johnson was a nobody anywhere else he played.

That's why i wasn't particularly sad to see him go. Least the Isles have Halak though.

Halak has surprised me. I still wasn't sold on him as a top 10 goaltender, even after his epic playoff run with the Habs and tenure with the Blues. Just not enough starts with the Habs to sway me and then him splitting the load with Elliot, on a great defensive Blues team didn't do anything to convince me either.

But since Halak has come over to the Islanders, he's been top 5 this season. His workload is similar to what he had in St. Louis and the guy is just so consistent and steady back there. Great signing by the Islanders.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

That's a really good question. On our boards most of us were happy with the signing (not happy it was the only one on July 1st...it almost was a meltdown over there). I wouldn't argue it was Boston's system because the Isles haven't been giving up too many scoring chances this season. Even this afternoon they were really flat and outplayed by Detroit, but still didn't give up that many shots. It's certainly intriguing and it's not the Isles defense leaving Johnson out to dry. He just seems to be below average at everything nowadays (rebound control, positioning etc.)

Xavier Laflamme*

That's a really good question. On our boards most of us were happy with the signing (not happy it was the only one on July 1st...it almost was a meltdown over there). I wouldn't argue it was Boston's system because the Isles haven't been giving up too many scoring chances this season. Even this afternoon they were really flat and outplayed by Detroit, but still didn't give up that many shots. It's certainly intriguing and it's not the Isles defense leaving Johnson out to dry. He just seems to be below average at everything nowadays (rebound control, positioning etc.)

While the Islanders defense isn't on the same level as Boston's last season, they're still very good in their own right. Boston's forwards do a great job defensively though. Guys like Bergeron, Marchand, Ericsson, Krejci, Campbell, Smith, Paille..they have so many good defensive forwards. Maybe that was the difference. Last year just must have been an anomaly and Snow was hoping it wasn't when he signed him. Hard to believe he's this bad though.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Chris Tanev. With Bieksa already out and Hamhuis just getting back from injury, missing the rock on our blueline would be devastating.

Also, Henrik Sedin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad