The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Oh Im not from your country but it doesn't matter. The thing is: corruption on this level is too natural not to happen.

It all depends on one thing really. Does Bread already know the exact place he wants to live?

The thing about Bread is that I think he is one of those russians who can mature enough to make a conscious choice to stay in the US after his active hockey career. Some examples of those who will NOT stay: OV, Malkin.

If Bread has already chosen the place to live and to possibly settle then its only logical that his agent may have already discussed this idea with certain teams playing in that area.

A basic example of a conversation:

Artemi: "I like Florida in the US, do you think the panthers want me for top dollar?"
Agent: "lets find out".

And please understand that in the age of secret chat apps like telegram, tempering is such a piece of cake to do that it obviously gets done.

I don't think I understand what your point is. Even if your hypothetical is true, so what?

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Oh Im not from your country but it doesn't matter. The thing is: corruption on this level is too natural not to happen.

It all depends on one thing really. Does Bread already know the exact place he wants to live?

The thing about Bread is that I think he is one of those russians who can mature enough to make a conscious choice to stay in the US after his active hockey career. Some examples of those who will NOT stay: OV, Malkin.

If Bread has already chosen the place to live and to possibly settle then its only logical that his agent may have already discussed this idea with certain teams playing in that area.

A basic example of a conversation:

Artemi: "I like Florida in the US, do you think the panthers want me for top dollar?"
Agent: "lets find out".

And please understand that in the age of secret chat apps like telegram, tempering is such a piece of cake to do that it obviously gets done.

But why do that now? Why not wait until after the season when it's permitted? I just don't see the benefit here.
Also, curious about what you mean about maturity and staying in the States.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
But why do that now? Why not wait until after the season when it's permitted? I just don't see the benefit here.

Why not now if he has made up his mind already?

Look, this is either true or it isnt. But here are a few thoughts to consider: Florida is being heavily marketed among the Russian elite. Many wealthy Russians and Russian Americans live or own property there.
He himself owns property in Florida and its possible that he burns with desire to live in it by the next summer. He would surely find plenty of other wealthy friends there as well. And more..

If this assumption Im making is correct then Im pretty certain that his agent has at least tried talking to panthers manager.

Also, curious about what you mean about maturity and staying in the States.

This is not the right place to discuss politics.

Reactions: thebus88

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Look, this is either true or it isnt. But here are a few thoughts to consider: Florida is being heavily marketed among the Russian elite. Many wealthy Russians and Russian Americans live or own property there.
He himself owns property in Florida and its possible that he burns with desire to live in it by the next summer. He would surely find plenty of other wealthy friends there as well. And more..

If this assumption Im making is correct then Im pretty certain that his agent has at least tried talking to panthers manager.

OK but again, what's your actual point?

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

His place in Florida won't be in proportion to the money he's about to make. Like others have said here, I doubt he lives there, it's just a little condo for an extra-wealthy pro athlete.

Why [I said:
not[/I] now if he has made up his mind already?

That's just not how it works here, and there's just no benefit to it that I can see.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why would they trade for the more expensive player when he's no better?

I think Saad is the better player compared to Jenner and Milano is a lost cause with the Jackets imo. Only caveat is if Saad has become complacent after signing his deal then I pass. Torts is another concern. I guess I'm remembering him from his 2 season's here.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Saad is the better player compared to Jenner and Milano is a lost cause with the Jackets imo. Only caveat is if Saad has become complacent after signing his deal then I pass. Torts is another concern. I guess I'm remembering him from his 2 season's here.
Jackets arent going to trade one of their longest tenured captains for a player who is a healthy scratch.

Reactions: thebus88

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jackets arent going to trade one of their longest tenured captains for a player who is a healthy scratch.

Probably not but maybe they should. I don't necessarily get all the Jenner love. To me he is a prototypical 3rd liner and a drag on any "scoring line" he is on.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Saad might be an IDGAF type of guy.

He never played with much passion, imo. His production is so pi$$ poor that you have to wonder if my first sentence is correct or something is going on in his life.

Players decline but rarely that rapidly at his age. Stan Bowman gifted the CBJ twice.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Its cute that you think that its not happening.

The thing is: it surely happens all the time but almost never leaks.

I would also bet money that Panarin's agent shares the offers with Bread himself.

The length of effort the PA and Owners go through to create a collective bargaining agreement isn't done so people can skirt the rules. If such information is proven, punishment is handled accordingly. The NJ Devils were awarded 1.4 million and a St. Luis Blues 1st round pick when Lou Lamoriello pursued what he believed was tampering by the St. Louis Blues in 1994.

If Jarmo had any suspicion that tampering was going on around any of his players, I can guarantee he' have the league investigating it. Attempting to poach players under contract is a serious breach of professional etiquette.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
You can also believe the kids and parents of Sandy Hook were crisis actors but it doesn't mean you are right.

The length of effort the PA and Owners go through to create a collective bargaining agreement isn't done so people can skirt the rules. If such information is proven, punishment is handled accordingly. The NJ Devils were awarded 1.4 million and a St. Luis Blues 1st round pick when Lou Lamoriello pursued what he believed was tampering by the St. Louis Blues in 1994.

If Jarmo had any suspicion that tampering was going on around any of his players, I can guarantee he' have the league investigating it. Attempting to poach players under contract is a serious breach of professional etiquette.

Well as I said earlier: corruption is all over the place in the world. Its quite naive to think that Jarmo could do anything to investigate things like secret telegram chats which leave no trace of any kind.

Crimes like this one are too easy to commit in the modern age.

I have to agree on one thing though, I shouldnt have said that it happens with "absolute certainty". More like "Im almost sure it happens all the time with absolute certainty".

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Well as I said earlier: corruption is all over the place in the world. Its quite naive to think that Jarmo could do anything to investigate things like secret telegram chats which leave no trace of any kind.

Crimes like this one are too easy to commit in the modern age.

I have to agree on one thing though, I shouldnt have said that it happens with "absolute certainty". More like "Im almost sure it happens all the time with absolute certainty".

Yet we live in a world where nobody has the balls to throw an offer sheet at a RFA which is actually in the rules as allowable.

I'm sure people talk just like we talk on this forum and speculate but they can't present any firm offers to even risk the potential of tampering. Either way if there are an unprovable back door dealings that occur in this league, it would be a moot point in regards to Panarin. Jarmo would basically match what any other team would be willing to give him as well as the extra year the CBA grants the CBJ the ability to do. It's clear to me that its not about money and he has no intention of staying here. He's not even willing to entertain an offer from Columbus so its not like he can use that as leverage in a backdoor negotiation with another team. There really isn't anything to be gained in a tampering situation. It should be common knowledge that virtually every team in the league who can afford the contract will make a play for him. It won't take any tampering to know who those teams would be near the end of the season.

Reactions: db2011

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
^^^^ I actually think this is 100% true. If anybody ever got a chance to know this guy, and know him really well, I bet money is a very small motivator.

I have been fortunate to know several people from humble beginnings that have made it big. A couple by very hard work and two that were incredibly skilled. In almost every case, they recognize they have more than enough to take care of them selves and focus upon other things (service to others, family, community, legacy). Wherever Artemi Panerin chooses sign, I bet he would look at another $6 million annual contract as a huge win, not that he "lost" an opportunity for something more.

Reactions: akmuo33

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

This might be a personal manifestation of the "filter all news such that it supports your original hope" fallacy that I often tear down others for, but this actually feels like good news to me - because it suggests that he really is looking less at bidding wars and more at where he wants to commit for the future, and I still think we've got a chance. Not the best chance as is normally the case with UFAs, but still something.

Still not expecting to keep him beyond this year, but, y'know.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This might be a personal manifestation of the "filter all news such that it supports your original hope" fallacy that I often tear down others for, but this actually feels like good news to me - because it suggests that he really is looking less at bidding wars and more at where he wants to commit for the future, and I still think we've got a chance. Not the best chance as is normally the case with UFAs, but still something.

Still not expecting to keep him beyond this year, but, y'know.

Yeah we've got a tiny chance, but I think the Jackets chance is higher in a bidding war than in the alternative, given that he clearly is set on moving elsewhere.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think it will be a major development if Panarin even starts to field offers from the Jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille