The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

This is possibly the most horrid proposal I have ever seen for the Jackets, and it comes from a Jackets fan. I do not understand.

Beleskey + Zibanejad for Wennberg + Panarin.

The first guy wouldn't make the team and has a big deadweight contract. Zibby is very erratic and not a big upgrade on Wennberg (For all the jokes about Wennberg's training pole, Zibby actually doesn't even train in the summer!). Beleskey + Zibby is worth less than Wennberg, in my opinion. Panarin is just given away here, for less than nothing.

Reactions: CBJFan827

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jarmo needs to put an offer out there , and overpay. Offer 8 yrs 92 mill , 11.5 mill per season, that’s some serious extra money , considering the extra year . The money we will save by not signing Bob , and going with a Korpi/Elvis Combo , will save us close to 7.5 mill per season . Package Wennberg to Ottawa , and get Duchene, and enjoy the cups that ensue .

Rimer was on the radio about a week ago , and said he heard our initial offer was 9 mill per season . If I were him , I wouldn’t sign for 9 mill either . Someone will throw big money in UFA . But 11.5 would make it hard for him to say no .
It's AT LEAST got to be 10. Make it 11 and call his bluff.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jarmo needs to put an offer out there , and overpay. Offer 8 yrs 92 mill , 11.5 mill per season, that’s some serious extra money , considering the extra year . The money we will save by not signing Bob , and going with a Korpi/Elvis Combo , will save us close to 7.5 mill per season . Package Wennberg to Ottawa , and get Duchene, and enjoy the cups that ensue .

Rimer was on the radio about a week ago , and said he heard our initial offer was 9 mill per season . If I were him , I wouldn’t sign for 9 mill either . Someone will throw big money in UFA . But 11.5 would make it hard for him to say no .

Can't give him an offer when he won't even show up to the table.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
So I got curious and a bit irritated at the whole we want panarin for scraps followed by never mind he'll just sign at a discount because he wants us bs from the trade forum.

So I posted a value of signing thread.

If it comes down to money, I struggle to see how these people thinking 6 years at 8 million is going to cut it.

This guy is going to sign for 10m I'd wager. The jackets doing 8x10+ is easily the highest revenue he can get.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So I got curious and a bit irritated at the whole we want panarin for scraps followed by never mind he'll just sign at a discount because he wants us bs from the trade forum.

So I posted a value of signing thread.

If it comes down to money, I struggle to see how these people thinking 6 years at 8 million is going to cut it.

This guy is going to sign for 10m I'd wager. The jackets doing 8x10+ is easily the highest revenue he can get.

If he plays like he did last year I think he'll get more than 10m per.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
It's been about 100k per point for contracts for awhile now, it seems. Some are higher, some are lower, obviously. I can see him getting 10 million if he gets close to a 100 points this year, or the team that offers it believes he can

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If he plays like he did last year I think he'll get more than 10m per.
One would have to think since hes friends, and played with Kane, hes probably looking at the 14.8 mill per season hes getting this year, others similiar, Kopitar, Toews, etc. If the Jackets see him as a franchise type player, you cant come in with a 9 mill per season offer. Jarmo needs to be at 11 minimum. Go with a Korpi/Elvis Tandem, which would save approx 8 mill from what Bob wants, and front load a contract. And show him your serious that you want him to lead the franchise.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
11.5 mill sounds high to me. If he wants to be here 10 or so should do it. If he doesn't want to be here 15 mill isn't going to be enough.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Artemi Panarin is primed to be one of the most valuable trade chips potentially on the market this season, and now it’s just a matter of waiting to see how the regular season unfolds for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Panarin doesn’t seem willing to sign an extension with his current club, and is set to become an unrestricted free agent with a big payday ahead.

So Jarmo Kekalainen’s plight involves either keeping his stud winger for a possible Cup run this spring and just recouping cap space this summer, or dealing Panarin before the trade deadline in what could become an intriguing bidding war among contenders.

If the latter situation were to unfold though, the return for the Blue Jackets would likely only be for a pure rental though, as opposed to a greater haul for a player either coming with or who would be willing to sign an extension.

“All signs point to Panarin pulling an Erik Karlsson on them in terms of Erik Karlsson didn’t sign an extension leaving Ottawa either,” said NHL Insider Pierre LeBrun during a Tuesday morning radio hit on Vancouver’s TSN 1040. “Which really diminished the return that the Senators got for him because he became a pure rental, or at least in theory. We’ll see whether or not he ever re-signs in San Jose. The Sharks certainly hope so.

“But again, if Panarin - and all signs point towards him just wanting to figure out his future after the season - if he doesn’t sign an extension through a trade, it’s going to hurt the Blue Jackets’ return. It’s going to hurt from the sense that a team might just be renting him for two or three months.

“On the other hand, if and when he goes on the trade market there may be a handful of teams that say, ‘Honest to goodness, even for three months this guy might win us a Cup. So am I willing to give even more than a first-round pick for three months of hockey of Artemi Panarin.’

“Now, I will leave the door open a crack in terms of a signing through a trade if it happens to be one or two of the teams that’s on this so-called list of five teams that I think he would be interested in next summer. He wants to go to a big market team, and whether that’s one of the New York area teams or a Tampa Bay because of where they are in their arc, or in L.A. - whatever it is I think it’s obvious some of the markets that he’s looking at. If those teams step up before the trade deadline, could they entice him to forego July 1 ahead of time. It’s not out of the question.

“I just think that right now, his camp is really focused on doing their best for Columbus right now, playing out the year, and then cashing in in the off-season - which is, by the way, not a crazy thing to do. If you’re a player of his pedigree, and having seen John Tavares just do it, I don’t know why more hockey players don’t, to be quite honest, when they’re a very talented player who happens to have their contract coming up. Why not play the field? I certainly would.”

Panarin’s cap hit is $6 million, and he’s in the second season of a two-year contract.

A little more than half of his contract has been payable in signing bonus money.

LeBrun eyes Panarin situation for Blue Jackets

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
At the game last night, watching warm ups..

Call it a small meaningless thing, but I enjoy how he wants to be the last off the ice and then sprints at full speed to the bench and off down the tunnel.

Gonna miss that very soon.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
At the game last night, watching warm ups..

Call it a small meaningless thing, but I enjoy how he wants to be the last off the ice and then sprints at full speed to the bench and off down the tunnel.

Gonna miss that very soon.

John Rocker used to run out of the bullpen

Reactions: thebus88

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
From this week's 31 Thoughts

If you’re wondering who might be next to follow John Tavares’s free-agent setup, the betting money is on Artemi Panarin

Not new but...

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Panarin wants to be auctioned and there is nothing anyone can do to make him change his mind.

The real discussion should be: is this team ready to make him an offer that he will very likely never live up to? It would have to be an absurdly expensive contract.

Here is whats going to happen: the auction has already begun. Its highly likely that his agent already has offers from other teams while expecting new offers to come in the next 6-8 months or so. Then Panarin will make the choice.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Panarin wants to be auctioned and there is nothing anyone can do to make him change his mind.

The real discussion should be: is this team ready to make him an offer that he will very likely never live up to? It would have to be an absurdly expensive contract.

Here is whats going to happen: the auction has already begun. Its highly likely that his agent already has offers from other teams while expecting new offers to come in the next 6-8 months or so. Then Panarin will make the choice.

He can’t have offers from other teams. That is called tampering.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
He can’t have offers from other teams. That is called tampering.

Its cute that you think that its not happening.

The thing is: it surely happens all the time but almost never leaks.

I would also bet money that Panarin's agent shares the offers with Bread himself.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Cute, but this seems misinformed, beyond the tampering issue.

Artemi refused to take offers from the Blue Jackets. Until Sept. 13th he was open to offers from other clubs (via sign-and-trade). He is not currently open to offers from anyone, closing down the sign-and-trade option. It's clear that money is not the issue between him and the Blue Jackets. All signs point to Artemi having a restricted list of places where he wants to live.

Reactions: db2011 and CPTN71

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Its cute that you think that its not happening.

The thing is: it surely happens all the time but almost never leaks.

I would also bet money that Panarin's agent shares the offers with Bread himself.

I know we've been floating through an ethical wasteland the last couple of years in this country but I hope not everyone thinks cheating makes them look smart.

I just don't see any reason Panarin's camp would engage in tampering. I think he just wants to play hockey right now, and everyone knows he's going to get paid. Why solicit secret offers when having a bidding war be public would be more effective anyway?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I know we've been floating through an ethical wasteland the last couple of years in this country but I hope not everyone thinks cheating makes them look smart.

I just don't see any reason Panarin's camp would engage in tampering. I think he just wants to play hockey right now, and everyone knows he's going to get paid. Why solicit secret offers when having a bidding war be public would be more effective anyway?

Oh Im not from your country but it doesn't matter. The thing is: corruption on this level is too natural not to happen.

It all depends on one thing really. Does Bread already know the exact place he wants to live?

The thing about Bread is that I think he is one of those russians who can mature enough to make a conscious choice to stay in the US after his active hockey career. Some examples of those who will NOT stay: OV, Malkin.

If Bread has already chosen the place to live and to possibly settle then its only logical that his agent may have already discussed this idea with certain teams playing in that area.

A basic example of a conversation:

Artemi: "I like Florida in the US, do you think the panthers want me for top dollar?"
Agent: "lets find out".

And please understand that in the age of secret chat apps like telegram, tempering is such a piece of cake to do that it obviously gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad