The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
FWIW

Nikita Kucherov on Artemi Panarin and return of The Triplets: translation from Sport-Express.ru

Bulakhova: Your photo with Artemi Panarin and Andrei Vasilevskiy was really popular last summer. Would you like to see Artemi in the Lightning? Do you think it’s possible?
Kucherov: Sure! He is a great player. He would be a great addition to our team and it would be nice to have another Russian. We practiced together last summer, enjoyed every second of it. Sure, it would be great to get him. But it’s probably not easy.
Bulakhova: Do you think he could take a discount just to play with you?
Kucherov: Well, Panara [Panarin] costs a lot. It wouldn’t be easy. But he can make any team stronger.
Bulakhova: You have the same agent. Did you talk with him about your reunion?
Kucherov: I don’t think it depends on the agent. If a team doesn’t have cap space, what could he do? We discussed it, but that was just a dream. It would be very hard.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

pled

Sep 7, 2009
before the season is over just offer him 12.5 who cares if he isn't mcjesus. if he doesn't sing in columbus and I hear it was a money issue I would just be so disappointed. there's no reason at all not to give him anything he wants.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
before the season is over just offer him 12.5 who cares if he isn't mcjesus. if he doesn't sing in columbus and I hear it was a money issue I would just be so disappointed. there's no reason at all not to give him anything he wants.

I'm sure they've tried to make such offers. Do you remember Milstein saying something like "I bet they'd give him $13m if he wanted it.. [it's not about money]".

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I'm sure they've tried to make such offers. Do you remember Milstein saying something like "I bet they'd give him $13m if he wanted it.. [it's not about money]".
whats the salary limit ? 15 ? I give him 15. at least try damn it's heart breaking honestly.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
16 I think. This summer I'm wondering if they'll offer sheet Matthews for $16m. Would be interesting.
what can I man want that he can't buy with money :( what can they do to keep him. fire torts ? fire everyone ? trade everyone? relocate the whole city to california ? I don't care.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
what can I man want that he can't buy with money :( what can they do to keep him. fire torts ? fire everyone ? trade everyone? relocate the whole city to california ? I don't care.

I think the last one is maybe the only option. Panarin is not going to stay in Columbus (95+% chance).

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I think the last one is maybe the only option. Panarin is not going to stay in Columbus (95+% chance).
can we finance a big ass dome around the city so we can control the temperature inside?
is it because of me ? I'll change Artemi I'll do anything.

Reactions: major major

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
whats the salary limit ? 15 ? I give him 15. at least try damn it's heart breaking honestly.
20% of the salary cap. Technically that is 15.9 this season. But before you get crazy, I wouldn't give him more than Connor McDavid and his hit is 12.5

pled

Sep 7, 2009
20% of the salary cap. Technically that is 15.9 this season. But before you get crazy, I wouldn't give him more than Connor McDavid and his hit is 12.5
what does it change, it's not like cbj would save that cap to get McDavid or any other player near that level.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The very best players are generally worth more than they're paid. If it really came down to it I'd pay Panarin $13m per.

Reactions: GoJackets1

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
All else being equal would the Jackets be better with Bread at 16 or with Stone and either Skinner or Duchene for the same 16?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
All else being equal would the Jackets be better with Bread at 16 or with Stone and either Skinner or Duchene for the same 16?
I think it would bee hard to get 2 of those for 8 each even so I still think Bread is more incredible anyway. like just look at that boi.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
79c0a989f8452eb0636ec76081981fe1-full.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The very best players are generally worth more than they're paid. If it really came down to it I'd pay Panarin $13m per.

Not sure I'd go that high. I also wouldn't place him "the very best" category. The best we've had? Sure, that's easy arguable. But that isn't a very high bar either.

I don't see anything to suggest that money is the limiting factor, so it's probably a moot discussion. I tend to think the CBJ would be happy to overpay.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Im a russian and Im looking at Columbus. Its not a bad place at all. If it was Detroit like then Id totally get the desire to be as far as possible from it.

I see Columbus has some very nice districts where one can buy a very private house in a peaceful, barely populated neighbourhood.

And Miami can easily be reached during holidays. I hope he stays for the sake of the team. CBJ can find a decent goalie during the summer and keep building from there with Panarin being one of the core members.

If all goes well this team could be a top three team on the East, especially considering the inevitable future decline of Pitts and WSH.

Bread also appears to have good chemistry with certain linemates.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Im a russian and Im looking at Columbus. Its not a bad place at all. If it was Detroit like then Id totally get the desire to be as far as possible from it.

I see Columbus has some very nice districts where one can buy a very private house in a peaceful, barely populated neighbourhood.

And Miami can easily be reached during holidays. I hope he stays for the sake of the team. CBJ can find a decent goalie during the summer and keep building from there with Panarin being one of the core members.

If all goes well this team could be a top three team on the East, especially considering the inevitable future decline of Pitts and WSH.

Bread also appears to have good chemistry with certain linemates.

Can I ask if you are at an age like Panarin where you might be more interested in nightlife or activities? He and Alisa don't have children yet so the advantages that Columbus offers are not as high a priority.

And is your English better than Panarin's (it seems like it)? How do you think he will be affected by losing Bob?

I don't think Panarin cares about his linemates - he's the maestro whoever he plays with and elevates anyone. The PP dysfunction has to be draining though. I don't know if he's the type to have strong opinions about coaching decisions other than the usual ice time complaints from any player.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not sure I'd go that high. I also wouldn't place him "the very best" category. The best we've had? Sure, that's easy arguable. But that isn't a very high bar either.

I don't see anything to suggest that money is the limiting factor, so it's probably a moot discussion. I tend to think the CBJ would be happy to overpay.

I think he's in a very high category of players, perhaps a top ten player in the league.

I ask myself the question, if you put Panarin with two replacement cost players - let's say Sedlak and a free pickup like Duclair but a little less effective, like Ty Rattie - would it still be the best line on the team? Would it still be an above average top line leaguewide? I think yes to the first question and I don't know about the second question.

In terms of performance:
$13m + $1m + $1m > $5m + $5m + $5m.

The line with Panarin is better than the line with three good forwards. Of course I think McDavid is worth something closer to $18m per.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Can I ask if you are at an age like Panarin where you might be more interested in nightlife or activities? He and Alisa don't have children yet so the advantages that Columbus offers are not as high a priority.

And is your English better than Panarin's (it seems like it)? How do you think he will be affected by losing Bob?

I don't think Panarin cares about his line mates - he's the maestro whoever he plays with and elevates anyone. The PP dysfunction has to be draining though. I don't know if he's the type to have strong opinions about coaching decisions other than the usual ice time complaints from any player.
Girl that works in my office is Russian, she is 24. She Said Columbus actually has a big russian community. Obviously Seattle, New York, and California have a larger Russia community, but Columbus' community is surprisingly pretty large.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

I don't think Panarin cares about his linemates - he's the maestro whoever he plays with and elevates anyone. The PP dysfunction has to be draining though. I don't know if he's the type to have strong opinions about coaching decisions other than the usual ice time complaints from any player.

Lets not generalize people by age and their desires! But to answer your question: Im in my 20s so yes, some people of that age have this weird intense urge to go out to be among others all the time.

About losing Bob: Im uncertain what kind of a relationship they have. The fact that they hang around together quite a lot isnt a real tell as its a natural desire to be in the company of your own kind when you are in a far less familiar environment.

If I had to speculate and god knows I hate making assumptions: its quite regrettable that CBJ had another russian on it when Bread arrived. It would be better if Bob was a Finn or anything else really. In this case bread would be forced to integrate into the team on a higher level I think. Instead of being friends with Bob and his wife. Some other russians have shown that it can be done, some of them even speak decent english and dont play anywhere near the most desirable states of the US.

I suspect it was Bob's influence and his idea to plant these seeds in Breads head. The nasty poisonous seeds of "lets leave this place".

I hope bread stays as CBJ is a young, even sexy underdog!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Girl that works in my office is Russian, she is 24. She Said Columbus actually has a big russian community. Obviously Seattle, New York, and California have a larger Russia community, but Columbus' community is surprisingly pretty large.

I have to wonder how big "big" is here. 2000 people?

I'm also wondering if what matters is more the Russians connected in some way to your community, rather than just the current population. Artemi might care less about having a Russian deli owner to befriend and care more about having a place where the Russian jet-set regularly comes through, as they do in New York and South Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->