The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
giphy.gif

If you recognize this, then you are old!!
I'm going to toss a can out of my car window later today in honor of this commercial.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Norman Moscow

Jun 8, 2018
Can anybody explain what actually happened to Panarin?
I've checked all russian media and still have no clue what is really behind his refusal to stay at CBJ.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I've checked all russian media and still have no clue what is really behind his refusal to stay at CBJ.

Because he wants to play where he wants to play. it's not that he hates it here, he just would prefer to play elsewhere.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

We've figured out a few things based on a couple interviews with Milstein. It's more to do with where he wants to live long term, and nothing to do with the team.

There's a list of cities that supposedly is where he is thinking about going to - Milstein says there is no list, Portzline reports that there actually is one. I'm not sure either way. The cities on the supposed list happens to overlap strongly with where the Russian communities are. LA, Florida, NY, a couple others I think.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Because he wants to play where he wants to play. it's not that he hates it here, he just would prefer to play elsewhere.
I don't even think he would prefer to play elsewhere.

Everything from Panarin so far has indicated that he just wants to see what is out there in free agency. The only thing that links Panarin to a big city is Portzline and his unnamed source.

Right now, I would say it is a risk that he does not re-sign but not a foregone conclusion.

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site

Everything from Panarin so far has indicated that he just wants to see what is out there in free agency. The only thing that links Panarin to a big city is Portzline and his unnamed source.

Right now, I would say it is a risk that he does not re-sign but not a foregone conclusion.

In a Cannon Fodder podcast interview with JD, he kind of confirms that he wants to play for a big market. Something along the lines that he wants to play for a big market and how that eliminates like 25 teams.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

His camp hasn't even been willing to receive an offer from Columbus, yet in the offseason they were open to offers from other clubs. If you just happen to want to know what's available in FA, you'd presumably be interested in knowing what the team you play for is offering.

He was at the very least strongly leaning towards leaving.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Very, very strange for me.
I didn't hear single negative word from him about life with CBJ.

He hasn't had anything negative to say about the Blue Jackets, their fans or the city of Columbus -- at least publicly. The issue seems to be that this is his best opportunity to decide where he wants to play and live in the U.S., and that he wants to make sure he gets it right.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

John Davidson has stated at least twice on SiriusXM NHL Radio (Powerplay, Stellick & Simmer) that Panarin has informed the team he'd prefer to be playing in a bigger market.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
John Davidson has stated at least twice on SiriusXM NHL Radio (Powerplay, Stellick & Simmer) that Panarin has informed the team he'd prefer to be playing in a bigger market.
I know Panarin would prefer to play in a big market, but I don't think he has made his mind up and eliminated anybody from consideration.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
If he had any interest in staying in Columbus he would have made a demand for a long term deal, even if it was a crazy one. He knows the players and the city by now and doesn't want to stay. It sucks, but it is the reality and his right. He may not know where he wants to go most, he seems to know one place where he doesn't want to play the next 6-8 years and that is Columbus. So he is going to be traded. And if he really does want to be in Columbus, he can sign with the Jackets as a free agent after the season.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think our best hope to keep Bread is Atkinson. If they develop a special chemistry (and it looks like that may be happening), perhaps Bread might want to stay in order to play with Cam. And let's face it, it is unlikely he will get to play on a better line elsewhere than than the Bread-PLD-Cam line here in Cbus.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I think our best hope to keep Bread is Atkinson. If they develop a special chemistry (and it looks like that may be happening), perhaps Bread might want to stay in order to play with Cam. And let's face it, it is unlikely he will get to play on a better line elsewhere than than the Bread-PLD-Cam line here in Cbus.

Man, I just don't think I can do the mental gymnastics to agree with that last point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad