OT: The Olympics

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Swimming continues to be the thing propping up the US.

18G/18S/13B(49 medals overall)
10G/9S/9B(28 medals SWIMMING)

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Incredible volleyball match between France and Brazil just finished.

25-22 (Brazil), 39-37 (France), 25-17 (Brazil), 25-21 (France), 20-18 (Brazil)

Instant classic. Longest match in Olympic history under the rally point format.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Golf is really coming down to a close finish. American Xander Schauffele held a multiple stroke lead going into the back-9. 45 year old Rory Sabotini representing Slovakia shot an Olympic Record -10 under round to finish at -17 under par (when he finished Schauffele was on I think hole 12 and had a 2 stroke lead)

It's now tied at -17. with Schauffele and Sabotini(who has finished his round). Then there's like 5 or 6 golfiers tied at -15 which would result in a bronze medal playoff for them and then a gold medal playoff with the loser of Sabotini/Schauffele getting the silver.

Last edited:
Reactions: kudymen

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Golf is really coming down to a close finish. American Xander Schauffele held a multiple stroke lead going into the back-9. 45 year old Rory Sabotini representing Czech shot an Olympic Record -10 under round to finish at -17 under par (when he finished Schauffele was on I think hole 12 and had a 2 stroke lead)

It's now tied at -17. with Schauffele and Sabotini(who has finished his round). Then there's like 5 or 6 golfiers tied at -15 which would result in a bronze medal playoff for them and then a gold medal playoff with the loser of Sabotini/Schauffele getting the silver.

Sabbatini is representing Slovakia if i remember correctly, our (Czech) guy Lieser finished dead last :laugh: Despite big pretournament hopes

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Yea. It was Slovakia, my bad. Schauffele hit a birdie on 17 to go 1-stoke up. Managed to par 18 despite a horrible tee shot.

Now it's a 7 player playoff for the bronze medal with Schauffele having won the gold and Sabotini the silver.

Reactions: kudymen

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Snoop was made for the Plats

We have Snoop and Shaq. Imagine
I always have said that no one in the world made more from less than Don King. Snoop is making a run for it, when you consider where he started. Difference is Smoop obviously had a talent. BUT, he has become 10x more popular after his rap career.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I've been unspoiled on the men's 100m.and I'm hopping in to say my pick of Bromell for gold is now obsolete. His 10 second semi time is downright bad and the way he died off after 60m looks like something is quite wrong. He won't medal from the looks of that.

The "DQ for reacting to the gun too fast" is the worst and most detestable rule in all sports.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I've been unspoiled on the men's 100m.and I'm hopping in to say my pick of Bromell for gold is now obsolete. His 10 second semi time is downright bad and the way he died off after 60m looks like something is quite wrong. He won't medal from the looks of that.

The "DQ for reacting to the gun too fast" is the worst and most detestable rule in all sports.
He didn't even make the final. Was a super slow heat.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad