OT: The Olympics

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@Hollywood Couturier why is this bet considered a loss? I can't find anywhere that it said win in regulation. Probably can't find that now anyway.

Screenshot_20210730-124440.png

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
All soccer win bets are for 90 minutes, if I remember correctly. Extra time and shootout wins are considered draws, even for W/D/L purposes for counting team records.
That's some BS. I figured that was the case, but I thought previous bets mentioned about it being in full time only and not extra time or PK's

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
That's some BS. I figured that was the case, but I thought previous bets mentioned about it being in full time only and not extra time or PK's
Betting knockout stage soccer games is a fool's errand unless a serious underdog makes it, IMO.

Both men's and women's teams generally play more conservatively in knockout stages. "Playing not to lose" is a regular strategy.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Betting knockout stage soccer games is a fool's errand unless a serious underdog makes it, IMO.

Both men's and women's teams generally play more conservatively in knockout stages. "Playing not to lose" is a regular strategy.
I had a few dollars left in the tank and they boosted the odds up to +525, so I figured why the hell not

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Japan has a women’s basketball team and they ain’t bad

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Draft Kings got me like this during Euro 2020, very disappointing.
It's pretty garbage. Nowhere, at least that I saw, mentioned full time only. I've seen that mentioned before, but not for this one.

Reactions: JXC

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Girl doing the breaststroke for the US in the mixed 4x100 medley relay had her goggles fall down her face. Have to think that played into them missing a medal.

Edit: it was Jacoby.
It likely wouldn’t have mattered. I know in swimming every second matters but she was only a second off her Gold Medal time from the other night.

Give her that second back and they still don’t medal.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Girl doing the breaststroke for the US in the mixed 4x100 medley relay had her goggles fall down her face. Have to think that played into them missing a medal.

I'd love to see the splits. Like, I'd guess, the gap from men to women on freestyle is less. So we get hurt by not running a guy in the fly and instead in the free. Just going by WRs there is a ~2 second free difference, and 5 in the fly.

Regardless, it was very entertaining race.

Edit: I went to some websites that had lots of combo's, the best combo had the Americans at 3.39 and change. Still wouldn't have made the podium.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Absolutely brutal call in that beach volleyball game. The US hit a ball and it's called out. They challenge the call, they go to review and they call it in. Canada somehow is able to rechallenge the call and they call it out. The girl on the US got a yellow card for arguing. If that was me, I would have been ejected. What a disgrace

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I remember the US used to be near at or the top or at least in medal position on nearly every track & field short distance event.
Relays of 100m and 400m were like close to guarantees.

Now? Yeesh.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
damn. the second US woman(Hannah Roberts) who went in freestyle BMX was tearing it up. Just on a completely different level from everyone else there got a 96.10. The next best run was an 89.20

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Absolutely brutal call in that beach volleyball game. The US hit a ball and it's called out. They challenge the call, they go to review and they call it in. Canada somehow is able to rechallenge the call and they call it out. The girl on the US got a yellow card for arguing. If that was me, I would have been ejected. What a disgrace

That shit was actually unbelievable

Reactions: Cody Webster

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Worst thing ever. Have had it happen to me. Super uncomfortable and really offputting.

What happens a fair amount and no one realises is almost as bad... one goggle lens slowly slipping and then starting to fill with water. So offputting.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
damn. the second US woman(Hannah Roberts) who went in freestyle BMX was tearing it up. Just on a completely different level from everyone else there got a 96.10. The next best run was an 89.20

That was a rather anti-climatic end. The rider from England had a really great run and got a 97.5, none of the other riders did anything near it. Then for her last run Hannah Robert pulled out after landing her first trick. Don't know if it was a bike issue or what... eh. Some of the announcers saying she prob felt the trick wouldn't score enough and gave up on the run.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
All those drug runners on BMXs since they were 5 years old in UK inner cities paying off with lots of medals ahaha.

With no funding doing better than rowing and the 25 million a year like 25 posh people get.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad